NBA fans hatred to White players

Yi Jianian will become an All-star this year, Dirk is on an tightrope</span>, Nash will have to plead</span> with the city of Phoenix, Manu is a darkhorse</span>, P. Gasol and Okur are wild cards</span>, Calderon, Bogut, Turkoglu, Ilgauksas, and Luke Ridnour will not</span> make it.
smiley7.gif

David Lee is not</span> in the voting ballot!
smiley7.gif

All-Star Voting as of Jan 1 2009 (3rd returns)

Yi Jianlian (NJ)
959,324</span>
smiley7.gif
- sub 10 scorer (could make 10-12 though)
Hedo Turkoglu (Orl)
Luke Ridnour (Mil)
Jose Calderon (Tor)
Zyrdrunas Ilgauskas (Cle)
Andrew Bogut (Mil)
Dirk Nowitzki (Dal)
673,720</span>
smiley19.gif
- 2007 MVP winner
Pau Gasol (LAL)
Steve Nash (Pho)
345,948</span>
smiley19.gif
- 2005, 2006 MVP winner
Manu Ginobili (SA)
Mehmet Okur (Utah)
Andris Biedrins (GS)
Yao Ming (Hou)
Luis Scola (Hou)

Luis Scola is playing much better</span> than Yi Jianlian!!!!!!
smiley7.gif

Andrea Bargnani is not in the ballot!!!
smiley7.gif

Dirk is down because of his last two playoff exits, big deal, Tracy McGrady never made past the first round</span>!
smiley7.gif

My days of interest in the NBA are numbered</span>, there will come a time when the only players making the All-Star game are either balcks, or CHINESE</span>
smiley7.gif
, no white players ever!!!!</span>
smiley7.gif

I feel very, very, very sad for WHITE NBA players!
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif

Edited by: indianwhite

The psychology of white basketball fans should be studied. On one hand, white NBA home team players seem to become fan favorites more than black players (like Larry Bird took some heat for saying), however, opposing white players are much more hated. It's so obvious I even saw a black basketball talking head--forget who it was--say in passing that JJ Redick and Adam Morrison would have never received so much hatred in college if they were black. He said something like, "that's just the way it is." He didn't try to explain it, but it's not something going unoticed by people who follow basketball closely.

G

In the East, I voted:

Guards - Dwyane Wade and Devin Harris
Forwards - LeBron James and Chris Bosh
Center - Dwight Howard

In the West, I voted:

Guards - Kobe Bryant and Chris Paul
Forwards - Dirk Nowitzki and Amare Stoudemire
Center - Yao Ming

The reason the players you mentioned aren't receiving many votes is because, with the exception of Yi Jianlian, is because they're up for vote against much better, more exciting, more explosive players. It's that simple. It has nothing to do with "hate". It has to do with agenda-free fans wanting to reward the best players who are having the best seasons.

Pumping up average, run-of-the-mill players for the sake of racial pride isn't what the game is about.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you're right of course, sports is as pure as the driven snow. There is no racial agenda, not in the way players are recruited and developed, not in the commercials shown during the game, and the fans are always totally objective and Solomon-like wise when it comes to separating the hype players get from the reality of their play. It's only in every other sphere of life where race has been made all-important and ever present.

I don't know if you're disingenuous, or perhaps you replaced Jim Carrey on The Truman Show. Whatever, it's time for you to move on to boards where you'll be welcomed as just another Drunk White Fan.

I think the main reason white fans hate white players is because they think they are not that talented, so it really frustrates them to see white players magically playing well against their team. DWFs probably think the only reason white players play well is because of the system or that their hustle, IQ, desire, etc. somehow perfectly complements the naturally gifted black athletes around them.
smiley24.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Quite sad the way the all star situation is going. I would have like to see 2 or 3 whites at least make it. Honestly the last time I was really into the NBA was the late 90's. Gugliotta was always my favorite player. I was also very hyped about Van Horn. I thought he could be a special player. He turned out to be very average.Edited by: whiteathlete33