Native American "Environmentalism"

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Native American "environmentalism"Â￾ is one of the seemingly infinite cultural traits routinely venerated by modern history, modern media, modern cinema, etc. Their ability to "live with the land"Â￾ as opposed to "living off the land"Â￾ is trumpeted as "beautiful"Â￾ and "harmonious"Â￾"¦and is always sharply contrasted against the supposedly greedy, unintelligent, wasteful, nefariously anti-environmental "white settlers."Â￾

This article reveals some tangible evidence suggesting that true Native American "environmentalism,"Â￾ like everything burned out of this Memory Hole society, was purged for a reason. American history ist die neue Lüge.

Some excerpts"¦

"The researchers' chemical analysis of the stalagmite pointed to a major change in the local ecosystem around 100 B.C., which piqued their interest because archaeologists had found evidence of a Native American community in the area about 2,000 years ago."Â￾

"Taken together, the researchers said, the evidence suggests that the Native Americans were clearing and burning the forest for agricultural purposes -- and pumping greenhouse gases into the atmosphere all the while."Â￾

"They had achieved a pretty sophisticated level of living that I don't think people have fully appreciated," Gregory Springer, associate geology professor at Ohio University and lead author of the study, said in a press release. "They were very advanced, and they knew how to get the most out of the forests and landscapes they lived in."Â￾

"Native Americans may have changed the landscape in other ways that we tend not to imagine. For example, some suspect that the great roaming buffalo herds -- that symbol of the untamed West -- were largely a human creation. The inhabitants of the Great Plains would control the herds using fire, the theory goes, and stampede them off cliffs in order to harvest them."Â￾

Link:
West Virginia Stalagmite Points to Surprising Carbon FootprintEdited by: Thrashen

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
When the paleo-Siberians first arrived in North America, they found numerous animal species that had no previous contact with people and therefore no instinctive fear of humans.

Within a millenium or so, many of these animals such as the mastodon became extinct.

I've found most Indians have less concern for biodiversity and a poorer attitude toward conservation than white people. For example, they insist on not following hunting seasons and other regulations, even though they don't need the meat.

I remember reading a book maybe 15/20 years ago, The book was called "What's wrong with our weather," I think? But anyway, in the book, archaeologists working on the Great Plains in early 70's found evidence that white were not responsible for most of the Buffalo die off in the mid-1800's,
It seem's a Great Drought hit the plains for about fifty years, and that killed maybe 80% of herds on the plains, and white's killed no mose than 1 in 10 Buffalos. but the media find no point in makeing a big thing out of that!! I wonder why??
smiley68.gif