MVP

Who do you think was the rightfull league MVP?

• LaDainian Tomlinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shaun Alexander

• Carson Palmer

• Brian Urlacher

• Peyton Manning

• Total voters

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
From my point of view, the MVP is the one player without whom his team would not win games, or make the playoffs.

Shaun Alexander is out. Matt Hasselbeck easily carried the Seahawks once Alexander went down with his 'concussion.'

LaDainian Tomlinson and the Chargers didn't make the playoffs or win that many games with him, so I don't see that he merits consideration, either.

Of the remaining three, Carson Palmer by far is more valuable to the Bengals than either Manning or Urlacher, although Manning is a close second.

Two that possibly should have been included are the aforementioned Hasselbeck and Ben Roethlisberger. Look at what happened to the Steelers when Big Ben went down with injury for a few games, and think how pathetic the Seahawks would be without Matt Hasselbeck.

But of the choices given, I choose Carson Palmer for MVP.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
robcat said:
Peyton Manning was the most valuable player during the regular season. Then Palmer.

Thanks for backing up your statement with an explanation.
smiley36.gif

Just kidding. Why do you think Manning was, for the same reasons I listed earlier except that he edges out Palmer, or for some other reason?

robcat

Guru
Manning is the leagues master field general. His work ethic, intelligence, ability to read defenses and throw accurately is the best combination of any quarterback. He also calls his own plays. The whole game revolves around him and he rarely dissapoints. He makes the Indy offense what it is and it has been the best or almost the best for the past several seasons. Their 13-0 start was built on Mannings shoulders far more than any other player. It came apart after that but the Colts were still the dominant team in the regular season and Manning was the dominat player on the dominant team.

Hows that?
smiley4.gif

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
For the way their system has evolved onto Manning making a lot of the calls right on the field, I believe Manning is most valuable to his team. While talent-wise I think Urlacher is more important than Manning in my opinion (the Bears seem to be very average without him, but Manning has never missed time so we don't know yet..) the system allows for the Bears to replace Urlacher better than the Colts system allows them to replace Manning.

surfsider

Guru
All else being relatively equal what would you rather have in todays NFL? Average backs with a superstar reciever or average receivers with a superstar runningback?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
surfsider said:
All else being relatively equal what would you rather have in todays NFL? Average backs with a superstar reciever or average receivers with a superstar runningback?

Superstar running back, although a great line can make any average back a great one.

I think a great Qb with average receivers and average running backs is the way to go.
smiley4.gif

surfsider said:

Star at running back; a good running game is likelier to help a passing attack than vice versa.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Is it just me, or are others also able to vote multiple times on the polls? I don't know if it's just me because I'm set up as the administrator, but if not it's a glitch in the board's software.

btw, my MVP choice is Peyton Manning.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I just cast my second vote, so its not just because you're admin, Don.

Alexander carried his team through the season and playoffs, and scored 29 touchdowns....I think that's enough to earn MVP. Hasselback helped a lot too, but Alexander carried the team.