Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muhammad Ali

• Mike Tyson

• Total voters

Gary

Mentor
Johnson had talent but many boxing experts believe Jeffries would have beaten him had they both fought in there primes-yet Johnson gets far more press then Jeffries who has been pretty much forgotten. I see Ali on ESPN struggle with Sonny Banks and Doug Jones and he is only a few fights from beating Liston for the title and in my mind I ask could this man Ali who is having trouble with Henry Cooper beat the Dempsey who almost killed Willard in 1919? Dempsey would be too aggressive and hit to hard for Ali.I believe Johnson and Ali to be overrated by the PC press.

White_Savage

Mentor
Jeffries gets my vote for the most "under-rated" HW of all time. He was never defeated during his prime. He was never knocked off his feet during his prime. He scored the quickest knockout in linear heavyweight championship history in 55 seconds. He offered to fight his top three challengers all in one night, but they refused. He won the title in only his 13th pro fight. He retired undefeated as champion.

pt.guard2

Guru
I too think Jeffries was the most under rated HW. All most people know of him is his loss to Johnson, when he was well past his prime and pressured into coming back. (Interestly, every time Johnson's loss to Willard is shown, it it prefaced by the statement "after Johnson was past his prime") Jeffries was big and athletic enough to compete in almost any era but is largely forgotton today. Edited by: pt.guard2