Moon vs. Fouts

Warnipple

A while back, I saw a "sportswriter" (Peter King, I think) claim that, if you think Dan Fouts belongs in the Hall of Fame, you should think Warren Moon does as well. I'm curious what others think about this assertion. I have to say, I think it has some merit, but I'd like to hear other viewpoints.

Kaptain

Master
Their career numbers are very similar and neither won a superbowl. The difference would be in the era that they played. Fouts numbers were truly gigantic in comparison to his era where as moons really were not.

Fouts 73-87

Moon 84-2000

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I have no problem with either of these two making the Hall of Fame. If winning a Super Bowl were a requirement, then even guys like Dan Marino would never make it.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Fouts offense was predicated by the long bomb. Moon did more slant passes. I think both are hall of famers, but Moon shouldn't have been a first ballot hall of famer. Maybe liberal voters voted him in early because of his trailblazer status. But off merit I would have made him wait a few years as his playoff record was abismal.....
smiley5.gif