Miscellaneous

Gator Dad

Guru
Alec Baldwin must have a horseshoe up his rear end, and another blackeye for our supposedly greatest judicial system in the world. Prosecutors hide evidence and lie at every trial.

Baldwin has O.J. Simpson levels of unearned privilege, being able to successfully play the "dindu nuffins" card.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

Booth

Mentor
Here’s Trump getting an eagle on a short 4.

He more than held his own with Bryson.
Freethinker: I know people will say a 210-yd par 4 and say I could eagle that. One of the hardest holes I ever played was a 220-yds par 4 at the Pearl Golf Course at Myrtle Beach. It had water for 210-yds and then it had 5 bunkers that were over your head if you hit into one, which I did. The wind was off the ocean, gusting about 30 mph and the greens were hard as concrete. I walked away with a smooth 9 and I'm glad to get that.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone remember HO racing cars and tracks? At 1/87 scale they were huge for a while in the late 1960s. Aurora was the big name in the field, much like Lionel was for model trains.

When I was a kid we had a racing club that lasted for three years. We'd hold our meets at each member's house on a rotating basis. I even produced a newsletter for our club, an inkling of one of my professions later on as an adult. There were also national magazines devoted to model car racing, focused on the larger slot cars as well as HO. For a while there was even a business on a major retail-oriented road (McKnight Road for those familiar with Pittsburgh) that had a number of large tracks that kids would rent by the hour and race their cars on. I loved talking my folks into taking me to the hobby store periodically so I could buy a new Aurora car, which sold for $2.10 ($1.98 plus tax) if memory serves.

Seems to me that HO faded in the '70s so one probably has to be of a certain age to recall its heyday.

1-Aurora cars.jpg

1-Aurora track.jpg

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Anyone remember HO racing cars and tracks? At 1/87 scale they were huge for a while in the late 1960s. Aurora was the big name in the field, much like Lionel was for model trains.

When I was a kid we had a racing club that lasted for three years. We'd hold our meets at each member's house on a rotating basis. I even produced a newsletter for our club, an inkling of one of my professions later on as an adult. There were also national magazines devoted to model car racing, focused on the larger slot cars as well as HO. For a while there was even a business on a major retail-oriented road (McKnight Road for those familiar with Pittsburgh) that had a number of large tracks that kids would rent by the hour and race their cars on. I loved talking my folks into taking me to the hobby store periodically so I could buy a new Aurora car, which sold for $2.10 ($1.98 plus tax) if memory serves.

Seems to me that HO faded in the '70s so one probably has to be of a certain age to recall its heyday.

View attachment 4590

View attachment 4591
It was just Hot Wheels for me back in the day. Slot cars were more for the rich kids.....

SneakyQuick

Mentor

View attachment 4590

View attachment 4591
Yeah something like that was a dream for me.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Looks really cool! If you still have them and they work, I imagine they would be quite the collectible item.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Those two stuck astronauts that DEI NASA sent to the International Space Station must have a sense of impending doom that increases a bit every day.