Miscellaneous Boxing News

Truthman

Guru
Nick Ball.. New world champion !:cool::applaudit:

And 2-0 in White vs blackboy matchups so far. It's clear who's the best at boxing. Hopefully Hrgovic makes it a shut out :)

freedom1

Mentor
Wilder just got flattened by Big Bang Zhang. His career is essentially over.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Wilder just got flattened by Big Bang Zhang. His career is essentially over.
Wilder seemed to be just in these Saudi fights for the money and he is physically done he literally has zero hand speed and knows his own fragility in the ring so is a deer in the headlights if he meets any resistance.

The Hrgovic loss was puzzling as he rallied to beat Zhang with heart but faded down the stretch against a guy who essentially quit twice in losses. Maybe when Dubois rallied against Miller he turned a corner in terms of experience and belief in himself.

Nice to see Nick Ball win a world belt after getting jobbed in his last Saudi fight. Maybe he can fight Vargas in rematch unifying the two titles it would be a fun to watch.

Arerequired

Mentor
The Hrgovic loss was puzzling as he rallied to beat Zhang with heart but faded down the stretch against a guy who essentially quit twice in losses. Maybe when Dubois rallied against Miller he turned a corner in terms of experience and belief in himself.
I echo that sentiment, this is the Dubois who not long ago quit from an Usyk jab, and Hrg hits a smidge harder. Hrgovic must have prepared lightly.

Sean89

Mentor
I can only think Hrgovic expected to finish Dubois with an onslaught over first few rounds. Dubois took shots and lasted the round. Hrgovic gassed. Seems like a classic case of looking past an opponent.

Very disappointing.

freedom1

Mentor
Hrgovic was already breathing heavy by the third round. How can a fighter be that out of shape at this level. He has only himself to blame.

Booth

Mentor
Dimitry Bivol will have to be much better defensively against Beterbiev than he was against Malik Zinad. He ate some big right hands from Zinad. I don't think he can stand up to Beterbiev's right hands.

Booth

Mentor
This week's boxing schedule. Pro Box is on tonight on YouTube. One thing I like about Pro Box is they go straight to the next fight no 30 minutes between fights. ESPN has a decent card on Thursday night. A lot of fights this weekend.

white is right

Hall of Famer
This week's boxing schedule. Pro Box is on tonight on YouTube. One thing I like about Pro Box is they go straight to the next fight no 30 minutes between fights. ESPN has a decent card on Thursday night. A lot of fights this weekend.

We also have an ESPN card with Patrick Teixeira being the B side main event opponent to the peaking prospect Xander Zayas. The White Brazilian seems to have faded since his brief championship run.

Also Callum Walsh has a fight tonight against another White Hispanic in Carlos Ortiz Cervantes. I expect a showcase fight for the Irish prospect.

Also Don King has card tonight as far as I know no White fighters fight on the card but Blair Cobbs and Adrien Broner arre fighting in the main event.

Cobbs has been seen violently counting sheep and Broner is probably the best pro wrestling villain in pro boxing, maybe these two can create an interesting fight.

PS the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia has uploaded his loaded super cards to Youtube so we can all watch Wilder get poleaxed that never gets tired...

PS2 Updating last night and Callum Walsh showed that he is a level above Ortiz with a 2nd round ko and a 3 knockdown performance against his gritty veteran opponent.

I wish I saw this fight over the Cobbs vs Broner affair as Broner was even more boring than he has been over the last few years without his wrestling villain act.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
The boxing schedule for this weekend features Tank Davis vs Frank Martin. A big fight card in London featuring Chris Billon Smith vs Ricard Riakpore. They are cruiserweights.

This weekend also has Matias vs Paro on DAZN dueling against the Davis vs Martin PPV on Saturday night. The main event of Matias vs Paro on paper looks more competitive than Davis vs Martin as Martin looked rather ordinary in his last high profile fight and probably got a house decision over a plucky Armenian based out of Germany.

Maybe the biggest news of the week was a further sign of the mental health issues of Ryan Garcia as he was arrested for felony vandalism by the Beverly Hills PD. Yes no joke the Beverly Hills PD isn't just for being props in various celebrities DUI arrests or years ago punching bags for Zsa Zsa Gabor.
https://fightnews.com/ryan-garcia-arrested/162523#more-162523

I may report on the various fights and a few prospects fights but this weekend is busy with sporting events and most of these fights overlap with other events so it's a coin flip if I watch them.

Updating the Boxxer card and B side Balkans fighter Hrvoje Sep "earned " a draw against house fighter Dan Azeez. This was probably a victory for the gritty Croatian. The bloom is off the rose in the case of Azeez, Boxerr may cash out the fading prospect, maybe the Croat can send him into a new profession in a rematch.

Also Jack Massey beat the probable A side fighter in Isaac Chamberlain. Massey could be lined up to fight the winner of the main event, either fighter could make a crowd pleasing fight with Massey the plucky B side fighter.

Last edited:

Truthman

Guru
Great Weekend for White British fighters vs Black British fighters

Chris Billam-Smith beat Richard Riakporhe taking his undefeated record (scores where disgustingly closer than they should have, they tried to rob Billam-Smith, dominant performance, won like 10 or 11 rounds, keeping hold of his world title
Steed Woodhall beat Lerrone Richards taking his undefeated record
Jack Massey beat Isaac Chamberlain

all three were the underdogs with the bookmakers. Sometimes the bookies don't have a clue, I fully expected Billam-Smith and Massey to win.

Last edited:

Arerequired

Mentor
Damn a clean sweep against the brothas, even the vaunted dark horse Subriel, shame Gvozdyk could not pull it off.

white is right

Hall of Famer
LIAM PARO BEAT SUBRIEL MATIAS, A FEARED LIGHTWEIGHT TO A UNANIMOUS DECISION

Matias just didnt have any answers to Paro's activity
I watched this out of the corner of my eye as I watched the Tank Davis PPV but Matias had a reputation similar to Benevidez as being a monster who walked through punches. Paro just wouldn't let him walk him down without eating jabs and crosses. After a few rounds of this the Afro-Rican was fading and didn't have the relentless pursuit of previous fights. The fight had a slight resemblance to when Hopkins beat up and then stopped Trinidad who a similar reputation at 160 pounds nearly 25 years ago.

What really shocked me is that Paro was given a decision in PR without dropping the PR champion a few times.

Yes the Nail lost but he exposed Benavidez to a point as the younger fighter didn't look as deadly as he was at 168 pounds and visibly slowed late in the bout and looked fleshy at the new weight class.

He is a decided dog against the future undisputed champion and a Bivol fight could be a wide points win for the Russian national if he can take the body work of Benavidez.

PS I watched the Tank Davis fight and he took out Martin spectacularly with a 2 punch combination after having his opponent wobbly and nearly hitting the deck. Also ESPN mentioned talks between PBC and Top Rank were happening for a unification with Davis and Lomo. I will believe it when I see it as Tank opponents are carefully screened and vetted or in the case of Garcia weight drained and weakened to fight Tank.

Last edited:

NikoDuke

Mentor
I watched highlights of the Tank fight. And the 'experts' are now making the Tank the heavy favorite against Loma..

truthpilled

I watched highlights of the Tank fight. And the 'experts' are now making the Tank the heavy favorite against Loma..

unfortunately loma is getting old and will be 37 by the time that fight gets made. The fight should have happened 5 years ago and if it did, I think loma would win

truthpilled

ive noticed its mainly blacks hating loma because hes a threat to their boy tank davis. For the record, I had the tank vs cruz fight a draw

Last edited:

Arerequired

Mentor
ive noticed its mainly blacks hating loma because hes a threat to their boy tank davis. For the record, I had the tank vs cruz fight a draw
People hate because he's a white in a small division, Usyk does not get nearly the same amount of hate but Loma does. Ever since blacks lost their dominance in the heavier divisions the new cope is only men under 150 lbs can be skilled.

white is right

Hall of Famer
People hate because he's a white in a small division, Usyk does not get nearly the same amount of hate but Loma does. Ever since blacks lost their dominance in the heavier divisions the new cope is only men under 150 lbs can be skilled.
I think many of posters have given up on the heavier divisions as Black Americans haven't been dominant in divisions above 147 for close to 20 years.

The mantra about the best American athletes(ie Black) are playing basketball and football are always mentioned(never baseball or hockey for obvious reasons) but in the divisions of 147 and below it would be a very rare athlete that could make a major league squad in any of the 4 main stream professional leagues if they applied themselves in those sports.

PS I remember some sports historians mentioning that was the reason why White boxers dried up at the world class level in divisions above these divisions but to the average DWF that reference was never taken seriously but with the dearth of Black fighters at the world class level in the heavier weight classes this mantra is gospel.