Michael Vick

G

It all started on Oct 8th 1953 when Chicago Bear QB George Blanda went down due to an injury. Enter Willie Thrower! Willie was the first black QB to ever line up behind center in an NFL regular season game. He completed 3/8 for 27 yards. So it wasn't much.

There were a handful of black QB's from Thrower to today.

Marlin Briscoe..... ended up at receiver

James Harris

Doug Williams....won a Superbowl!

Vince Evans...did little.

Randall Cunningham....the first real runner/passer

Warren Moon.....the best black QB!

Today we have Culpepper, McNair, McNabb and of course Michael Vick. All can run! Right there is where it's at. The "big difference!" How many white QB's can run? Well there was Steve Young! Fran Tarkenton could scramble and Bobby Douglas could run. Ok now who? No Tarkenton and Douglas will not make you forget those mentioned above. Yes Young could run with the best of them.

Michael Vick has ran a 4.26 40. He has moves! He has quicks and agility. No Steve Young did not run a sub 4.40. Who out there hasn't noticed how with the white QB, he is pretty much stuck in the pocket. Unable to really threaten a defense with his running ability. Vick, Culpepper, McNair and McNabb are a totally different breed of cat. They scare defenses to death. They can score with ball under arm. How many current white QB's can do that?

Ya see there is a big difference between Tom Brady, Brett Favre and Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb.

When it comes to throwing the ball with accuracy and guiding a team to victory yes I'm taking Montana, Marino and Unitas. Marino being the perfect example of a non athlete at QB.

My point here was to use the QB position in todays NFL to show yet another example of the big differences between black and white athletes. Black QB's are running all over the place while the white ones stand back there in the pocket. There is a reason we are seeing this.

Edited by: Brutal

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Provide your source for your claim that Vick runs a 4.26 40.

G

Don Wassall said:
Provide your source for your claim that Vick runs a 4.26 40.

I was wrong! It was actually a 4.25! Just go to Hokiesports.com. Or type "Michael Vick 4.25" You'll find something about it.

I thought it was common knowledge.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Very curious -- Virginia Tech just happened to have 8 players run in the 4.3s and 4.2s that day. Lee Suggs a 4.27??
smiley36.gif
Andre Davis a 4.29???
smiley36.gif
Larry Austin a 4.26??
smiley36.gif

Is it possible that the timing device may have been a little off that day, which is apparently the one and only time Vick had a time that fast? Oh no, that's impossible. Please let's only deal in reality.

http://www.hokiesports.com/huddler/archive/0382000aaa.htmlEdited by: Don Wassall

SteveB

Mentor
Those are bogus times by coaches to promote their players to the scouts. What did they run at the NFL combines? I think Vick ran a 4.38.

G

Don Wassall said:
Very curious -- Virginia Tech just happened to have 8 players run in the 4.3s and 4.2s that day. Lee Suggs a 4.27??
smiley36.gif
Andre Davis a 4.29???
smiley36.gif
Larry Austin a 4.26??
smiley36.gif

Is it possible that the timing device may have been a little off that day, which is apparently the one and only time Vick had a time that fast? Oh no, that's impossible. Please let's only deal in reality.

http://www.hokiesports.com/huddler/archive/0382000aaa.html

So if Matt Jones runs a 4.39 that's different....right? I can't fly to VT and challenge their timers Don so I like everyone else have to go by what they have. So you don't think Vick can run? Come on man......geesh!

G

SteveB said:
Those are bogus times by coaches to promote their players to the scouts. What did they run at the NFL combines? I think Vick ran a 4.38.

You can prove that right? Go ahead show me that proof!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jones ran his at the Combine. I'm surprised you don't realize that's much different than spring practice at Virginia Tech. Actually I'm not surprised. That's apparently the only known time that Vick was timed in the 40, and seven of his teammates also had amazing times that day. Lee Suggs a 4.27? Andre Davis a 4.29? I assume you watch the NFL, do those times sound legit to you?

G

Don Wassall said:
Jones ran his at the Combine. I'm surprised you don't realize that's much different than spring practice at Virginia Tech. Actually I'm not surprised. That's apparently the only known time that Vick was timed in the 40, and seven of his teammates also had amazing times that day. Lee Suggs a 4.27? Andre Davis a 4.29? I assume you watch the NFL, do those times sound legit to you?

Andre Davis was a sprinter on the track team. Vick is the fastest QB of all time. Lee Suggs has a cousin named Carter Suggs who ran a 9.3 while still in high school. I've seen Suggs turn the corner and he has a burst. I can see those times as legit.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
"I can see those times as legit" is fudging it. Do you think those times were accurate?

SteveB

Mentor
They call it timing day. Every Div1 school has one just before spring practice. Some schools run on a track, some on astroturf. I have even heard of guys using starting blocks. The idea is to get some incredibly fast 40 times to promote star players during the summer to the media. I ran a 4.42 at our timing day with track spikes on, but in reality I was more of a 4.5 guy.

G

Don Wassall said:
"I can see those times as legit" is fudging it. Do you think those times were accurate?

If Matt Jones can run a 4.39 then I have no doubts Vick can run a 4.25. Vick would destroy Jones in a 40.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
And what about the times of Davis and Suggs? Do the Browns own a running back with 4.27 speed anda receiver with 4.29 speed? C'mon you're the self-proclaimed speed expert. Put your reputation on the line. Can Davis and Suggs run that fast?

G

Don Wassall said:
And what about the times of Davis and Suggs? Do the Browns own a running back with 4.27 speed anda receiver with 4.29 speed? C'mon you're the self-proclaimed speed expert. Put your reputation on the line. Can Davis and Suggs run that fast?

Don I remember when tiny Nolan Smith was said to run a 4.1. Renaldo Nehemiah ran another 4.1 for the Niners. Joey Galloway has a 4.16. Bo Jackson a 4.19. Deion Sanders also ran a 4.19. I have to be honest here. I gave up putting a lot into 40 times. Would you believe the great Bob Hayes only ran a 4.4?

All I can say is yes Davis runs track. Yes Suggs is one of the faster backs and Vick is the fastest QB . What I struggle with is Matt Joners running a 4.39. He is not that fast!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Way to backtrack! So you brag about Vick running a 4.25, but when we shed some light to indicate that his and the times of his teammates may not have been legitimate, your comeback is that you "gave up putting a lot into 40 times."

What kind of infantile minds are you used to arguing with? Your argumentation "skills" are at a grade school level.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Brutal: If Matt Jones is not that fast, then you must be blind, and I must be the first black president Bill Clinton.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
And by the way I'm still waiting for your two links so I can read "football people" saying that Matt Jones simply does not possess the quickness in and out of a cut to be a success at wide receiver in the NFL. Given your intense dislike of Jones (who you would gush all over if he was black) you ought to have several good links close at hand.

Kaptain

Master
Brutal, best to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid then to open it and remove all doubt.

Do some real research before you post. I've refrained from reponding to your posts because there is just too many inaccuracies to reasonably address. Now you don't put much stock in 40 times? That's all you have talked about. Research requires more than just your opinion or what you've heard one day on the BET network. So far all you have expressed so far is popular opinion. Try digging a little deeper.

G

Don Wassall said:
Way to backtrack! So you brag about Vick running a 4.25, but when we shed some light to indicate that his and the times of his teammates may not have been legitimate, your comeback is that you "gave up putting a lot into 40 times."

What kind of infantile minds are you used to arguing with? Your argumentation "skills" are at a grade school level.

Totally missed the point as usual.

For you or me and anyone to argue football 40's is stupid. All we can do is quote the time they are given. Vick was given a 4.25. How do you or anyone disprove that? Guess what ya can't! Vick has as much straight line speed as most wide receivers. So he is a legit speedster to get all wrapped up in 40 times which have always been suspect is grade school surprised you're not aware of that.

G

Kaptain Poop said:
Brutal, best to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid then to open it and remove all doubt.

Do some real research before you post. I've refrained from reponding to your posts because there is just too many inaccuracies to reasonably address. Now you don't put much stock in 40 times? That's all you have talked about. Research requires more than just your opinion or what you've heard one day on the BET network. So far all you have expressed so far is popular opinion. Try digging a little deeper.

Trust me I definately can hang with this group on this board. As you will see.

G

Don Wassall said:
And by the way I'm still waiting for your two links so I can read "football people" saying that Matt Jones simply does not possess the quickness in and out of a cut to be a success at wide receiver in the NFL. Given your intense dislike of Jones (who you would gush all over if he was black) you ought to have several good links close at hand.

Don it's all over the place. Just go to Google and type in Matt Jones......bingo!!!!!!!!!!!! If you aren't reading.."he probably lacks the quickness for wide out" in about 30 seconds I'll be shocked.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It can be disproved by circumstantial evidence, such as what SteveB and I brought out. Or by more direct methods. If one had the resources and was interested enough, all those involved that day who were making the alleged timings could be questioned, their equipment examined, possible motivations such as deliberately hyping the speed of certain players explored, etc.

Kaptain Poop is right.Your best move was to keep your mouth closed. I'm enjoying this easy demolition, but what I'd really enjoy is to cross-examine you on a witness stand, where answers like "I'm in touch with reality," "I have more life experiences than you," and "respect me because I'm so obviously down with this" just won't cut it.At least you haven't said "gag me witha spoon" yet. Neither will responding to questionssuch asshould a white running back ever get a chance to replace a mediocre black running back with "Jimmy Brown," or refusing to answer the question of whether you believe it is possible for a white athlete to be discriminated against because of his race.

Case closed. I assume your remaining time here is going to be brief, unless some of the others want to keep you around as our figurative punching bag.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Brutal: You just can't see that they say that this media you rely on for your "facts" is biased against whites in sports and has been for over 20 years. I don't think there is any hope for you. You are blind and want to stay that way.

G

Don Wassall said:
It can be disproved by circumstantial evidence, such as what SteveB and I brought out. Or by more direct methods. If one had the resources and was interested enough, all those involved that day who were making the alleged timings could be questioned, their equipment examined, possible motivations such as deliberately hyping the speed of certain players explored, etc.

Kaptain Poop is right.Your best move was to keep your mouth closed. I'm enjoying this easy demolition, but what I'd really enjoy is to cross-examine you on a witness stand, where answers like "I'm in touch with reality," "I have more life experiences than you," and "respect me because I'm so obviously down with this" just won't cut it.At least you haven't said "gag me witha spoon" yet. Neither will responding to questionssuch asshould a white running back ever get a chance to replace a mediocre black running back with "Jimmy Brown," or refusing to answer the question of whether you believe it is possible for a white athlete to be discriminated against because of his race.

Case closed. I assume your remaining time here is going to be brief, unless some of the others want to keep you around as our figurative punching bag.

Dude you guys are totally lost and it was fun slapping your dumb asses around. I enjoyed it! It took me about 30 seconds to realize I was in football/track stupid central. Nobody here knew a thing about anything. I felt like I was teaching a bunch of dumb kids. Don you're an idiot who knows absolutely nothing about this. So continue to play that whimpy ass...."since we suck at sprinting and football we are boo woo boo woo...." It'syou Don!

Good riddance idiots!

Edited by: Brutal

Kaptain

Master
Don, I would really not have him around anymore. I enjoy reading the new posts in hopes of finding an intelligent arguement either way. Black guy even made a couple of well thought out arguements. I'm tired of wasting my time reading the new posts of these self-proclaimed experts. Just my opinion. I'll agree with whatever you decide to do Don.