Men who voted McCain saw testosterone drop: study

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
My testosterone dropped because with Obongo in the White House I knew I was going to get screwed sooner or later. My nausea level rose when I saw the choice was between McCain and Obama. They should have measured that level.

(story)
Men who voted for Republican John McCain in last year's US presidential election saw their testosterone levels fall significantly when they learned he had lost to Barack Obama, a study showed Thursday.
Saliva samples collected from 163 men on the evening of the election showed that voters for both McCain and Obama had similar testosterone levels when polling stations closed on the east coast, but the levels in McCain backers fell when Obama was announced as the winner.

By contrast, testosterone levels among men who voted for Obama remained stable. Taking into account the fact that polls shut and results were announced at night -- a time when men's testosterone levels usually decline -- the study said the level was equivalent to a rise.

"Political elections are dominance competitions. When men win a dominance competition, their testosterone levels rise or remain stable to resist a circadian decline; and when they lose, their testosterone levels fall," said the study, published online by the Public Library of Science (PLOS One).

Supporters of McCain or Libertarian Party candidate Bob Barr -- who the study noted didn't have a hope of getting elected -- showed "significantly larger testosterone decreases" than Obama supporters from the time when polls closed to 40 minutes after Obama was declared the winner.
Men who voted McCain saw testosterone drop: study

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
The Hock said:
I don't know what to make of this. It didn' take any balls to vote for either one anyway.

LOL!
smiley36.gif
Indeed!

guest301

Hall of Famer
I remember how depressed and hopeless I felt election night as Obama raked up state after state and so I have no doubts that my testosterone levels dropped that evening. I was pretty much in a funk for a couple of weeks, but I don't get really the point of the study because any time something bad happens to you then I would think there would be a drop in testosterone levels. Kinda of a "Duh" study. Not everybody can be a sexual tyrannasaurus through all weathers like Jaxvid.

Paleocon

Guru
Of course men who voted for Obama didn't have a drop in testosterone...how could it get any lower? Any manwanting the government to nurse him from the cradleto the grave can't have much testosterone to begin with.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Whoa, those guys decided to choose Pepsi (BHO) over Coke (Juan McCain)? What a difficult choice that must have been!