Memorable Threads

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I've enjoyed watching this board grow and mature over its nearly five year existence. There have been many great threads out of the over 10,000 that have been started,and most of the outstanding early ones are likely forgotten now because of the sheer volume of new threads over time pushing them into therecent mists of historyand memory.
Three I like because of the sheer volume of posts and views are the Brian Leonard thread, the Craig Pickering thread, and the Tiger Woods thread.

The Leonard thread was begun in February of 2007 andcurrently has 1,122 posts -- more than the total for any single NFL team -- and is closing in on 50,000 views, the most of any thread.

The Pickering thread, begun over four years ago, currently has 910 posts and 41,881 views.

The Woods thread has 256 posts and 15,949 views; others besides the two mentioned above have more posts and views, butthe Woods threadhas remained active since October 15, 2004, the day the board was publicly launched. I don't think there are any other active threads from 2004.

There have been many threads memorable for their insight, humor, and occasionally for their combativeness. There is information and points of view on this site about the Caste System and about white athletes of the past and near-past that might for all intents and purposes be lost for good but for our attempts to memorialize them for the present and future.

Anyone have a favorite memorable thread?

DWFan

Mentor
I liked the thread about Patrick Jeffers. I wouldn't even have known what happened to him if it wasn't for this forum. It may not have been an exciting thread, but I don't think I'd have found it anywhere else.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Goodness, there are too many good threads to list, but I'll mention a few that helped me out a lot when I first came to CF. Having found CF while doing my umpteenth search on White NFL RBs, I decided to go through the NFL Forum first, starting from the first threads and working my way toward the present. Seeing as how I'm sick and can't sleep, this was actually a fun 3 hour activity! I'll add more threads later on.

NFL Forum
"Jim taylor" mentions tons of white RBs from yesteryear
"Slow Running Backs Play Forever" exposes double standard of speed-warning, thread goes off into debate over Brett Favre
"Don Wassell" one of the famous Brutal threads
"Galloping Ghost" another Brutal thread with some good info
"My take on this site" very informative thread started by Black Guy

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I always thought about starting a thread similar to this"¦.but with as title such as: "Who Are Your Favorite Caste Football Posters."Â￾ It would be a great way to show our appreciation for one another.

I remember first coming to castefootball before it was an official forum (end of 2003?), while I was in college. I was bored and searching NFL rosters for white WRs, RBs, and defensive players. Then, I started searching via google, and accidentally found this site.

The first installment of the site, from what I remember, was a black background that had a long list of white WRs and RBs, their respective stats, measurables, and the real "reason"Â￾ they weren't able to participate in the NFL. It also documented amazing high school athletes, their lack of proper recruiting (or the standard position change if they were recruited). I visited the site every couple of months, and then suddenly, it because a forum with some very classic threads and some even better posters. I read the posts of others for a few years, and I only joined in 2007, after acquiring the knowledge to make intelligent (I hope) posts.

From what I can tell, site activity has been higher than I've ever seen over the past 6-8 months. I come here because castefootball is truly the anti-establishment. It has the perfect blend of topics, which all seem to be a microcosm of a larger, much more blatant agenda. Thanks guys!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I will say the MMA threads are very high quality. I just started getting into UFC in early 2007 and the CF forums helped me get "edumacated." Also glad to see we are not a bunch of Internet tough guys like some of the DWFs on Sherdog.com. Lots of CF guys seem to practice BJJ, boxing, wrestling and other combat sports. If CF ever has a conference we will not need security!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here's what the first CF site's front page looked like on October 6, 2002. If I ever saw CF while it was a paysite, I don't remember it. I first saw the free site during the 2004-05 bowl season and joined shortly thereafter.

CFFirstPage.jpg

Here's what the "Message Board" looked like around the time I first saw it.

CFDecember2004.jpg

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Nice screen shots Col., brings back some memories! Thanks to all who make this site a fun place to visit.
smiley32.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hah, I remember the early days of the board well. I think I had one-third of the total posts those first few months, and White Lightning and Jaxvid had most of the rest.
smiley4.gif
When I left for vacation inearly Decemberof '04 the total number of posts was 677.

green fire317

Banned
i wish we all could have a conference, we could just sit around and talk about what we feel is important.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
My first couple of months on the site were really an experience. I was learning so much from everyone here and soaking up info like a sponge, just waiting for the next post. That part really hasn't changed much. I remember being the only one on the entire forum (including guests) for long periods of time at night. If there were 3 or 4 members on the board at once, it was crowded!

This nifty website allows us to go back and look at what things were like "way back when."
http://web.archive.org/web/*/castefootball.us

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
BTW I visit a lot of internet sites (I'm sure most here do too) and I have to say the lay-out of castefootball has always been excellent. Even in the early days it had a professional look. Don has done a good job of presentation for us.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I totally agree, jaxvid! Don has done a great job with not only this site, but the ANU site as well. I really like the newest update to the look of the board, especially being able to see which thread in each forum was commented on last. The expanded PM setup and new emoticons are nice as well.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I really enjoy CF. As Don said during his last Political Cesspool interview...it's addictive. This is far & away my favorite blog/posts site!
smiley1.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I love too many threads to even start to name them all. I thank Don Wassall and jaxvid especially! I also want to thank Col.Reb and Jimmy Chitwood. There football and basketball knowledge is incredible. They put countless hours of research into their threads. We can come here and find out more than we could spending months of time on cnnsi.com or cbssportsline.com! This site was and still is ahead of it's time. It is a breath of fresh air in an anti white world. Thanks to all of my white brothers here. I hope you enjoy my posts as much as I enjoy reading yours!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
I hope you enjoy my posts as much as I enjoy reading yours!

I certainly do! Everything I know about track I learned from you!!

Nice job on the track threads too. They really have been the most interesting thing on the site the last few months with no football.
smiley32.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
I agree with what posters are saying on this thread. It would be great if we could organize a conference in Vegas for two days. I would love to hear Don, Jimmy speak as well a special guests in the order of a "Kelly Pavlik" or some other outstanding white athelet.

If the conference could be done with an aire of sophisication and class, I believe we could gain further traction and at least put out the injustices toward whites athelets and more importantly devise a strategy to end this self loathing of white youth.

I would surely contribute financially to this endevour. Hopefully this will come to pass.

Kaptain

Master
The John Riggins thread for many reasons. Mainly that it was an eye opener in how far the NFL has fallen in a short time. In the mid-80's a white running back in his 13th year was the best running back in football, the NFL MVP, the Superbowl MVP, the TD single season record holder, near the all-time yardage lead, and he was lazy! It also spawned the name of our first fantasy football league.

Another memorable thread or threads were the boxing all-time great threads. It was fun looking up and reading about all the old dominant white boxers that our controlled media never mentions. Plus we got to bash some trolls to boot. That's always fun. I don't remember the names of specific threads - I think there were several.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
I found the site as I'm sure a fair amount of other posters did; Google searching for "white running backs". I stumbled upon Caste Football, and my obvious first reaction back then was, "Woah, this is racist!"

Further reading, however, piqued my curiosity and the eloquence and informative nature of all of the posters here showed me what my own eyes had been seeing in the NFL, and other sports, my entire life (and that you weren't all the drooling, gibbering "racists" I had feared so!). Caste Football has really changed the way I go about my business on an everyday basis, and I'd like to thank Don, the moderators, and all of the posters for changing my life in such a positive way.

My personal favorite thread is the Football Equipment Thread, as I've always been interested in the sort. I also really like backrow's gameday threads, allowing me to put my TV on mute, and share what I see with like-minded posters.