Max Borghi

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Even though he wasn't drafted I have high hopes for Max Borghi making the final roster in the 2022/2023 season. Here is a good article from sport illustrated saying that Borghi is one to watch! :)

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/colts-udfa-rb-labeled-as-teams-free-agent-to-watch
usatsi_17259496.webp

Here is where I'm going to get called a troll but yes Borghi is fast and an excellent receiver out of the backfield the one thing that kept him from getting drafted is he just dosent have the ability to make people miss. EVERY single highlight I watched oh him last year he can only bounce out to the outside. He just currently does not have the ability to run between the tackles. The same thing was said about McCaffrey and I knew this was a fallacy because Ive watched every conceivable McCaffrey highlight since high school. To me Borghi is a poor man's Sam McGuffie. Sam was great in the open field but when pressed in tight he just didint have the jukes to make tacklers miss much in tight spaces. Borghi will probably make the practice squad but as long as Jonathan Taylor is as dominant as he is Borghi will be a SWTD at best. Feel free to disagree with me. Communication is the source of progress for people.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Well he's going to have an uphill battle as a White RB that's for sure. Colts just signed Phillip Lindsey, so that automatically drops Borghi down another spot on depth chart.

Borghi, to me, reminds me of James White. Real weapon out of the backfield and runs tough for his size.

Jerry Reb

Mentor
Here is where I'm going to get called a troll but yes Borghi is fast and an excellent receiver out of the backfield the one thing that kept him from getting drafted is he just dosent have the ability to make people miss. EVERY single highlight I watched oh him last year he can only bounce out to the outside. He just currently does not have the ability to run between the tackles. The same thing was said about McCaffrey and I knew this was a fallacy because Ive watched every conceivable McCaffrey highlight since high school. To me Borghi is a poor man's Sam McGuffie. Sam was great in the open field but when pressed in tight he just didint have the jukes to make tacklers miss much in tight spaces. Borghi will probably make the practice squad but as long as Jonathan Taylor is as dominant as he is Borghi will be a SWTD at best. Feel free to disagree with me. Communication is the source of progress for people.

The one thing that kept him from getting drafted was his lack of melanin. I highly doubt that ALL of the black running backs drafted this year are great at making people miss.

And for the record, we don't call people trolls just for disagreeing with the majority opinion, that's really more of a liberal thing. I've had a minority opinion on a couple of hot-button issues and I've been able to speak my piece without being called a troll. Trolls tend to use certain tactics over and over and real trolls are pretty easy to spot because they always fall into the same traps. That's very different from simply disagreeing with the majority.

Warhawk_46

Master
And just like that Borghi gets waived...

Remember men, the powers that be simply cannot have multiple white men running the football. CMC is one of the best in the league. Burkhead is a proven player.

Funk is being talked about is a potential cut. Borghi already has been waived.

white is right

Hall of Famer
How the hell does this guy not make a training camp? I hope somebody gives him a shot to make a team or he may have to go the CFL or one of these start up leagues (if they survive beyond a season).

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Borghi is best off at this point playing in the CFL and seeing if he can dominate there, which is probably the only way he can have even a very remote chance of getting an opportunity in the NFL.

Funk simply couldn't afford to get injured as a rookie last year, but he did. When Henderson and Akers went down, things opened up for him to see some action as the Rams' scatback but that great opportunity was wasted. And that followed all his injuries at Maryland. He has a real uphill battle now to ever get carries in the league.

Aus2G

I’m disgusted by this. How can a player with his stats and ability be waived as a UDFA. Absolute travesty.

Warhawk_46

Master
Literally the only reason his was undrafted and now waived is because he is white. There is absolutely no other plausible explanation.

Borghi, unfortunately, has made a number of tactical errors in his career. First was choosing Washington State to play for as a running back. Remember Stanford was interested in him and he chose WSU.

The second error was in leaving school early - he had a free year in college due to the pandemic mulligan - and he only played one game that year. He could have come back to school or transferred and starred somewhere.

Then he dealt with injuries around the combine and was not able to showcase his athleticism. And when he did run the 40 it was substantially slower than expected.

Additionally, he chose Indianapolis. Not a great destination as they have two very well established running backs.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
So sad he has to do this but I'm all for it to keep his potential nfl career a possiblity in the coming years. It's just that the majority of
football players that go this route or the cfl end up being stuck there. Better than nothing but Borghi deserves better!