Matthew Boling 9.98, 19.92, 45.17 and 8.25 LJ

mastermulti

Master
well, let's see how he goes this coming season. I wonder if anything has been changed in his coaching or if there's been a good re-think about the number of times he'll compete and whether to let LJ go.

sprintstar

Mentor
everyone here knew he would go sub 10 sub 20 last season. I hope he does less indoors and preps more for outdoor season. I personally would like to see him do some individual 400m races outdoors instead of LJ. If all goes well he should go sub 9.90 100m, sub 19.87 200m and hopefully a high 44 to very low 45 400m....

Cheers....

white lightning

Hall of Famer
23_Boling_16x9-1.jpg

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Good news about Boling!
Thanks WL!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm really happy with the coach limiting Bolings Races this year. Even though we love to see him run! It's just so important for the
coach to pace him and not let him peak too early like the last 2 years. They ran the kid into the ground and he has nothing left
by the time the national championships and olympic trials came around.

So far in 2023 he has only raced 3 times in 1 month. A 400 meter, 300 meter and a 200 meter race.

In the 200 and 300 meters, Matthew Boling leads the world in both times that he ran. He is not even close to peaking yet as the season
just started so this bodes well for later indoors and especially come the outdoor season. I feel many new records being broken!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matthew Bolings wins another NCAA Indoor National Championship over 200 meters! He ran the 6th fastest time ever run indoors in
the history of the world! Epic performance and much more to come outdoors this spring and summer. I expect him to smash both of
his personal best times of 9.98 and 19.92 this year!

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Good to see him give God the glory in the interview. Seems like a nice but determined young man. Congrats on a big victory.

mastermulti

Master
it's great that he ran so well.
However, saying he's just left everything to his coach and not thought about it much (the process) worries me a little. To my way of thinking participating thoughtfully in the process really matters

white lightning

Hall of Famer
IF HE RUNS RELAXED .....
Agreed but I choose to think positive. He is learning over and over again that relaxation is the key factor. At some point it should just
click just about every race like chewing gum and walking. Practice and repetition. Visualization helps too. The kid can be elite with just
about any sprinter in the world once it all clicks at the same time. I feel it's gonna start this year.

It's funny how hard people are on the kid. He went sub 10 and sub 20 as a 21 year college junior. He is a senior now and he will graduate
in several months time. Then he will turn pro. I think it's all gonna click very soon. Sprinting will probably be a little easier once he turns
pro as he is a business major with a very high g.p.a. Scholar Athlete and an amazing individual on and off the track. Once school is out
of the way I think it will be easier. He needs to be careful with social media as he is incredibly popular as well as hated for having the
courage to prove that a blonde amercian born white guy can challenge what many americans have always thought was impossible.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Despite all odds and even in the most anti white world we have ever seen the cream still rises to the top. Some things just cannot
be stopped due to the potential greatness of what the future just might hold in store!

Track star Matthew Boling's deals include ones with Dunkin Donuts, Nike, Merrell Footwear, Epic Games and Phillips Norelco.

He will be very rich but so far this young man has remained as humble and polite as any athlete I've ever seen interviewed. The
sky is the limit if he stays hungry with his All American Looks, the brains and the personality to go with it.

Stay focused! Stay humble! Stay Hungry and then go show the World what your made of!

iu

Last edited:

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Fantastic! I don't know how I missed Monday's post. Been quite busy and my schedule is not stopping anytime soon. Anyway, great news, WL.
Thanks for the updates.

Warhawk_46

Master
I anxiously await the results of each of his races. He is a torch-bearer for our cause, similar to McCaffrey.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Boling ran on Georgia's 4x400m relay team at the Texas Relays.
Georgia won with the 2nd fastest collegiate all-time!
I heard that Boling's split was 44.6.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Boling also earlier in the day ran on the Georgia Mens 4 x 200 Meter Relay Squad which also finished in 1st place and was a Meet Record!

We all know he can do both the 200 and 400 meter individual as well as the relay. I still fear after running a 9.98 wind legal
last year as well as a 10.03 wind legal that they will move him forever away from the 100 meters. I don't want that!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Texas Flash

That's what Dwight Stones said, but I imagine we can all agree that Dwight is about the worst track and field commentator out there. He also thought Godwin was Boling during the race and he thought Godwin ran a 46.5. That means when Boling hit the 800m line the time would have been 1:31.10 but it wasnt....It was 1:28.5, or just 2.6 seconds faster. Boling was between 43.6 and 44.1.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's been a very long wait. Hoping that Boling would finally be entered in the 100 meters again. Not since last June had he run the
100 meters. Rumors everywhere that he is a 200/400 guy now as I've yelled and screamed NO. NO. NO he is NOT! Well maybe my
rooting and cheering for the kid has finally paid off. He has an excellent base with the strength training and it's finally time to go back
to the speed training and sprint racing. Oh am I pumped. Don't want to get my hopes up too much as he hasn't even run the 60 meters
indoors so he may be beyond rusty but I'm still excited for Friday. Yes Boling is in the 100 meters at the 2023 Torrin Lawrence Track Meet
at home in Georgia. Could we see fireworks? It's possbile but we must remain patient.He also will run the 200 & the relays that same day!

MENS 100 METERS

HEAT 1

1​

tennessee-st.png

Anthony Ward​

Tennessee St. [FR]​

2​

SPEE.png

Ajai Holmes​

Speed Academy​

3​

virginia.png

Jay Pendarvis​

Virginia [JR]​

4​

georgia.png

Matthew Boling​

Georgia [JR]​

5​

georgia.png

Keshaun Black​

Georgia [JR]​

6​

virginia.png

Nigal Davis​

Virginia [JR]​

7​

tennessee-st.png

Amari Jelks​

Tennessee St. [JR]​

Last edited:

freedom1

Mentor
Boling opens up his outdoor season cruising to a 10.24 (w .2 m/s) win. 2nd place was his teamate in 10.35