Matthew Boling 9.98, 19.92, 45.17 and 8.25 LJ

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I decided to start a message thread for this fast rising high school phenom out of Texas. He has run wind legal 10.20's and 20.50's times multiple times already. He is a senior and he has olympic potential someday. Matthew Boling competes in the long jump, 100, 200, 400 meters and also the relays. He leads the nation in all of his events as of this writing. Here is a video of this immense talent yet the guy is so humble. Nice to see. Keep up the great sprinting Matthew. You were born to run! What a gift he has. Good luck in the future!

mastermulti

Master
such a talent. It's exciting that no matter where people are from, wherever they picked up their gene pool, there'll always be some supreme talent popping up where we couldn't predict it. Track's great.
Go Matthew!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
MATTHEW BOLING RUNS A 9.98!!! :)

Matthew Boling just ran a windy sub 10 and it is the fastest time ever recorded in US High School History under any conditions. The kid is a superstar. Please stay healthy
and I hope to someday see him representing the US in the Olympics. Incredible time. Sensational and he just doesn't crack under the huge media spotlight. Love this kid!

https://www.flotrack.org/articles/6...high-school-all-conditions-100m-record-in-998

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This is high school guys. Freaking unbelievable. His form is so nice to and he is so smooth! Another video of the race. He is destroying the fastest kids in the nation!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Is he the first White American to go under 10.0, even though it was wind aided?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Is he the first White American to go under 10.0, even though it was wind aided?

Yes. John Teeters ran 10.00 wind legal a year ago. There might be a few others wind aided but they are all professional sprinters. That is the key Don. This
is a high school senior that has run the fastest 100 meters in the history of the United States. He is 18 years of age and hasn't even graduated yet! This
kid is a prodigy/phenom/genetic freak of nature and I've never seen anything like it in all my years of watching track. I'm just so pumped for his potential
as he is running world class times in high school. Please don't let me or anyone jinx him. Such a great kid and so humble! Refreshing to say the least!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's an awesome achievement, hopefully he keeps his motivation to be the best he can be and has the right coaching and advisers.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
John Teeters ran a wind aided 9.91 in 2014.
His race had the same wind reading as Boling's, +4.2w

white is right

Hall of Famer
It's an awesome achievement, hopefully he keeps his motivation to be the best he can be and has the right coaching and advisers.
The only recent high school aged sprinter who was running similar times in a wide breath of events was Candice Hall(Black female) and she turned pro when she graduated high school.

I could see a doomsday scenario where he gets to college and a coach uses him similar to a slash type player in football and he does various events to score points for his school but he isn't developing for his personal long term growth.

He needs to be developed for a long term goal in whatever event an elite college or a non drug camp pro coach sees he is best in. He could receive an excellent pro contract offer of his times right now.

limitless

Mentor
Teeters did his 9.91 (4.2 w) in Lubbock Texas which is pretty high up altitude wise (3,202'). With no wind, it converts to a 10.12.

He had a 1.9 wind when he ran his 10.00 at the Olympic Trials in Eugene OR (430').

Houston is almost at sea level (105') so Boling (with no wind 9.98 converts to 10.16) is almost doing in high school what Teeters did in his third year of college.

I don't want to jinx him either, but at this point, it is safe to say he will obliterate the 10.00 barrier if he keeps going. For God sakes, I hope he does not get interested in baseball, or skiing, or some other stupid thing.

limitless

Mentor
If the wind would have been 2.0 (legal limit), Boling would have ran a 10.08. Do you guys know what Lemaitre ran when he was 18?

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
If the wind would have been 2.0 (legal limit), Boling would have ran a 10.08. Do you guys know what Lemaitre ran when he was 18?
Lemaitre’s best time in 2008 (when he was 18) was a 10.26, wind was + 1.7. I think at this point comparatively, Boling is faster than Lemaitre was.

The Hock

Master
This is great stuff. Happy for you white lightning. You seem like a genuine nice guy. You've been a consistent poster for a long time and you really love track especially the sprints. You've kept the faith, even after so many white sprinters would show promise then not progress and fade away.

Time will tell how this Boling kid turns out, but sometimes life is just about moments, and he's given us some good ones already.

albinosprint

Mentor
All I can say is wow! With his wiry frame, this kid kid has a lot of potential. Does anyone know what the wind was when he ran 10.11?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This is great stuff. Happy for you white lightning. You seem like a genuine nice guy. You've been a consistent poster for a long time and you really love track especially the sprints. You've kept the faith, even after so many white sprinters would show promise then not progress and fade away.

Time will tell how this Boling kid turns out, but sometimes life is just about moments, and he's given us some good ones already.

Thanks to "The Hock". Very nice of you to say that and your a great guy too. I appreciate that some posters appreciate my hard work in the track section. Yes it is one of my very favorite
sports. It is the purest of sports going back to the ancient days. Ever since I read the book "Taboo" by the idiot author, John Entine, I have been hell bent on disproving the lies and stereotypes
that whites face in the most popular sports. One thing great about track is that the clock doesn't lie. Don't get me wrong though. Track coaches from kids to adults always try to slot whites into
different events outside of the sprints or triple jump/long jump. It is because of the stereotypes. Boling is incredible but there are other Bolings out there who never get the chance to compete. This needs
to change just like in football & basketball. Those of us here at this message board will never give up fighting for equality for our guys and girls.

Back to Matthew Boling. He will have a chance to become a national sprint champion in a few weeks. I really hope he does it. My only fear is that he competes in too many different events and the chance
of injury or fatigue is greater. Hope they only have him run the 100 and 200 meters at the national high school championships. This kid is so fun to watch! Cannot say it enough! Good luck to Matthew the rest of the season!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
WL, in watching Boling he seems to get out of the blocks well? I know he's only facing HS competition, but if he can continue to get out quickly, it will serve him well moving forward. It's tough if you can't get out. You fall behind quickly and it's difficult to make up the lost ground, especially in the 100, in time against better competition. Looking forward to seeing him progress!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
WL, in watching Boling he seems to get out of the blocks well? I know he's only facing HS competition, but if he can continue to get out quickly, it will serve him well moving forward. It's tough if you can't get out. You fall behind quickly and it's difficult to make up the lost ground, especially in the 100, in time against better competition. Looking forward to seeing him progress!

Yes usually he is a good starter although in a few races lately he hasn't gotten out of the blocks cleanly and has had a few minor stumbles yet still breaks records everytime he runs. This is his senior
year an he also has mainly been a 400 meter sprinter and a long jumper. Before this year he hadn't run the 100 meters since 7th grade! Just imagaine when he trains full time for these events!!

northwinds

Mentor
This story is taking off all over the internet and MSM. Post it to your FB and Instagram feeds if you have them..........

CrazyFinn

Mentor
Quick, someone call Pierre Carraz and let him know there’s a new white phenom who needs his programming of 95lb back squats and 20lb dumbbell lunges (10lb in each hand) to take his skills to the next level.

(Yeah, yeah, I know nothing of sprint, etc)