Matt Remillard

Blue Devils

Mentor
He fights former world champ Mauricio Pastrana tomorrow night on Versus. I don't think his match is being televised unless there's some early knockouts.

Sean

Mentor
His win over Perez was pretty impressive considering how Perez did with other opponents. I haven't seen much of him though. He should win tonight though.

Blue Devils

Mentor
From Fightnews

WBC World Youth and USNBC featherweight title holder, Matt "The Sharp Shooter" Remillard (16-0, 8 KOs) remains undefeated as he scored a six round unanimous decision over veteran Mauricio Pastrana (34-10-2, 22 KOs) Remillard received scores of 60-54 twice and 59-55. "The Sharp Shooter" was just that as he was successful in outlanding and wearing down his older and more veteran opponent.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Remillard scored a first round knockout over late substitute Tyler Ziolkowski. Remillard improves to 18-0(10)

Blue Devils

Mentor
Blue Devils said:
Remillard fights this Saturday against Rafael Lora 11-0(5).

Matt Remillard Interview

From Fightnews

Featherweight Matt "The Sharp Shooter"Â￾ Remillard (19-0, 11KOs) continued his rise up the featherweight ladder with an impressive fourth round TKO over previously unbeaten Rafael Lora (11-1, KO's) to capture the NABF belt. Remillard was in control from the onset, and landed a sharp 1-2 combination in the fourth that dropped Lora in the corner, prompting the referee to call a halt to the contest.

dshap53

Rmillard will be defending his NABF Featherweight title against Lora again in Baltimore November 20th.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Remillard fought last Saturday winning a six round decision over Marty Robbins. According to fightnews he'll rematch Rafael Lora on Jan 29th.

Blue Devils

Mentor
From Fightnews

Matt "The Sharp Shooter"Â￾ Remillard (21-0, 12 KOs) kept his perfect record intact and retained his NABF Featherweight title as Rafael Lora (11-2, 5 KOs) retired in his corner after three completed rounds. Remillard used a solid body attack over those three rounds which took its toll on Lora and ultimately caused him to quit on his stool. Remillard felt vindicated after the fight, which was a rematch of their previous encounter which ended with him winning a controversial fourth round TKO over Lora.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Matt will defend his NABF title against Carlos Rivera 16-4-2(5) on May 22.

On the same card Peter Manfredo Jr will defend his NABF middleweight title against Mexican veteran Angel Hernandez 30-7(17).

Blue Devils

Mentor
Blue Devils said:
Matt will defend his NABF title against Carlos Rivera 16-4-2(5) on May 22.
From Fightnews

Undefeated WBC #8 featherweight Matt Remillard (22-0, 13 KOs) scored a fourth round TKO over Carlos Rivera (16-5-2, 5 KOs). Remillard dropped Rivera twice in the fourth and got the stop with his follow up barrage. Time was 2:16.

Blue Devils

Mentor
From Fightnews

NABO and NABF featherweight champion Matt "Sharpshooter"Â￾ Remillard (23-0, 13 KOs) won a hard fought eight round unanimous decision over a game challenge from Oscar Cuero (13-4, 10 KOs). Scores of the bout all in favor of Remillard read 80-72 twice and 79-73. Remillard picked his spots and kept on the move as Cuero charged at him and kept the fight in close throughout. Cuero kept firing punches at Remillard, however he also kept leading with his head, which frustrated Remillard during the bout. Remillard adjusted his attack and in the end was able to outbox Cuero.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Garcia-Remillard set for March 26

According to Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, a deal has been struck for a fight between WBA/IBF featherweight champion Yuriorkis Gamboa and WBA interim-super featherweight titlist Jorge Solis, for March 26 at a site to be determined. The Gamboa (19-0, 15 KOs) vs. Solis (40-2-2, 29 KOs) undercard will feature a battle of unbeaten featherweight contenders as Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia (24-0, 20 KOs) will collide with Matt Remillard (23-0, 13 KOs).

Blue Devils

Mentor
Remillard signs with Top Rank

Undefeated, 24-year-old NABF and NABO champion Matt "Sharpshooter"Â￾ Remillard (23-0, 13 KOs), arguably America's leading featherweight, has signed a promotional contract with Top Rank. The Manchester, Connecticut fighter is rated #4 by the WBA and WBO, as well as #5 by the WBC. "Matt is a skilled, exciting fighter. We are pleased he has joined our company,"Â￾ said Bob Arum of Top Rank.

"Top Rank has some of the best fighters in the world,"Â￾ an ecstatic Remillard said. "It's the best promotional company in terms of moving fighters and getting them big fights. I'm really excited about signing with Top Rank. I remember when I first started fighting that Top Rank was the best promoter and now I'm finally there with them. Bob Arum and his team will get me to the next level."Â￾

Remillard has shown some signs being like a young Micky Ward, another New Englander known for his vicious, devastating body attacks. Lately, "Sharpshooter"Â￾ has been zeroing in on his opponents' livers with breath-taking shots and, consequently, sudden stoppages.

"Dealing with Top Rank was very professional,"Â￾ Remillard's manager Bret Hallenbeck noted about contract negotiations. "We're looking forward to working with a quality promotional company like Top Rank."Â￾

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Ross Greenburg is setting up another white boxer to lose, like he did with Sergiy Dzinziruk.

As I said before the fight, Sergiy would have probably beaten anybody else at 154 and 160, but not Martinez.

But sometimes it backfires on Greenburg, like it did with Adamek-Arreola and Litzau-Caballero.

Mikey Garcia is the worst possible matchup for Remillard at this stage in his career.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Is this Mikey Garcia any good? Never heard of him. By the way, terminally ill with bladder cancer, Nick Charles will call the fight. Get ready for Lamps and the rest of the HBO crew to cry on camera when they introduce Charles.

Garcia is an elite prospect, quite similar to Brandon Rios and even comes from the same town as Bam Bam but slightly more rounded and probably his more power in single shots. Garcia will almost certainly stop Remillard who has changed his trainer recently.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Why can't Remillard sieze moment and beat Garcia? Let me see, HBO is giving me a great payday and giving me a national stage to excell on. Oh, Garcia is a step up in class, no, gotta protect my record, no thanks HBO. I would rather toil in obscurity and the club circuit for chump change and no exposure.

Are you guys kidding. Boxing is for fame, glory and making money. One has to risk to get the brass ring, remember that!

Because he's not good enough. Really that simple he can try but Garcia is somewhat a giant leap more skilled, more powerful and better. Remillard should put up a decent fight for a few rounds but Garcia is just too good.

No one said he shouldn't have taken the fight, it'll almost certainly be a career high payday, it'll easily be his most high profile fight, but that doesn't mean he has a cat in hells chance here.