Matt Mitrione

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I think it is time this guy gets his own thread. He has now taken out two very overrated black fighters and was probably one of the more underrated fighters while he was on the show TUF. Others have mentioned his BJJ needs tuning up and I think he could cut down some of his body fat and build more muscle. But the kid has potential and has no problem taking out hype machines. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the future.

matt-mitrione.jpg
Edited by: celticdb15

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
CDB15, Matt's got solid potential. With his size, reach, heavy hands & solid chin...he could make a run in the UFC. On TUF, Rashad said he was 1 of the best athletes on the show.
smiley20.gif

hawkeye

Guru
I'm not all that impressed with him. His conditioning isn't very good and his BJJ is terrible. He defeated two great black dopes that the DWF tried to hype up. Matt might have the skills to be a good kickboxer but hasn't developed a solid enough ground game to ever be a mixed martial artist. The biggest myth is that is someone trains long enough they will suddenly become a great ground fighter, that is not true. Ground game requires a lot of intelligence to master, the reason blacks don't do well on the ground.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Hawkeye, good points. He needs a ton of mat work & wrestling improvement if he wants to advance up the HW ranks. He does have good athletic ability & (striking) potential. I'm not "overly" impressed either...just hoping he improves & does well.