Matt Giordano

hedgehog

Mentor
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
505
Location
Afghanistan
Matt in a repeat performance from last year, saves a touchdown on a kickoff, catching the guy from behind.

On the next series, Devin Hester was returning a punt for a touchdown, but tripped over his own feet. If you watch the replay you can see Giordano- closing in on Hester and would have caught him had he not tripped.
 

backrow

Hall of Famer
Joined
Oct 23, 2005
Messages
6,887
Location
Spain
Matt's a great player and i hope he breaks through to starting lineup this season. his speed is uncanny!
 
G

Guest

Guest
I had the same thoughts KJV1. I wonder how often he is the fastest player in the game. Maybe in the majority of games he plays.
 

guest301

Hall of Famer
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
4,246
Location
Ohio
Giordano was drawing compliments from the announcers several times for his play on the field. It would be nice if he was given the starting job alongside Bob Sanders.
 

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
5,063
Location
Ontario Canada
Wow that is pretty amazing to hear that he is faster than Devin Hester b/c he is known as probably the best return man in the league even ahead of Dante Hall. Giordano is on the Colts correct? So that should bold well for him b/c Dungy seems to be one of the few coaches who will play the best players even if they have melanin deficiencies.
 

SteveB

Mentor
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
1,043
Location
Texas
It's interesting to read his bio and see the caste system at work. From Wikipedia:

High School Years
Attending Buchanan High School in Clovis, California, Giordano played a key role as team co-captain in Buchanan's inaugural Valley championship in 2000. As a senior, he had five interceptions and 64 tackles while causing three fumbles, and averaged nine yards per carry and 12.6 yards per reception on offense. He broke Buchanan records for longest punt return for a touchdown, most blocked kicks and most interceptions in a game. He was a two-time all-conference first-team choice and was also named the Defensive Player of the Year by the Clovis Exchange Club and Buchanan High's Most Outstanding Player in football and track in 2001. Giordano was also crowned individual league champion in the 400 meters in 1999.

Junior College Years
Giordano attended Fresno City College for two years. He won All-State honors as a freshman, was a two-time All-Conference pick, and was the Defensive MVP in the Northern California Championship game.

NCAA College Career
He played football with the California Golden Bears. As a senior, Giordano won All-Pacific-10 Conference first team honors, and was an All-American honorable mention. During his career, he had two interceptions, six pass deflections, one sack, 111 tackles (four for losses), two forced fumbles, and a fumble recovery.

Personal
Giordano was married March 4th, 2005 to Laura Enns of Clovis. He was an American Studies major. His great-grandfather is Italian born Ralph Giordano (Also known as Young Corbett III) who was a world welterweight boxing champion in 1933 Matt is the son of Victor and Janet Giordano.

This kid was underrated at every level of competition, yet he overcame and was a star.
Edited by: SteveB
 
G

Guest

Guest
The announcers generally ignore him when he runs down a fast black player. Ignoring fast white players seems to be a trend with them. They act like it didn't happen.
 

Gi-15

Mentor
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
1,044
Location
Outside North America
OMG!!! how fast is this guy? I would really like to see reggie bush not get clipped and come short in his attempt to catch Matt by behind after his INT. Just WOW!!
 

LittleRebel

Newbie
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
47
Location
New Jersey
So fast, he completely took off during last nights game after he intercepted the ball. There was no hope of anyone catching up to him.
 

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Joined
Dec 19, 2004
Messages
1,620
Location
Mississippi
I could have swore that was Lance Alworth in a Colts uniform running down the sidelines with that INT. That cat's explosive!
 

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Joined
Dec 19, 2004
Messages
1,620
Location
Mississippi
Shoot, nevermind, ESPN's Trey Wingo just said Matt is not fast. My bad.
smiley5.gif
 

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
27,727
Location
Pennsylvania
Quiet Speed said:
Shoot, nevermind, ESPN's Trey Wingo just said Matt is not fast. My bad.
smiley5.gif


That's beyond pathetic. QS, do you remember his quote and the context in which it came up (probably on NFL Live)?
 

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Joined
Dec 19, 2004
Messages
1,620
Location
Mississippi
Don Wassall said:
Quiet Speed said:
Shoot, nevermind, ESPN's Trey Wingo just said Matt is not fast. My bad.
smiley5.gif


That's beyond pathetic.  QS, do you remember his quote and the context in which it came up (probably on NFL Live)?

It was on NFL Live. He was narrating the highlights of the game and at the time of Matt's pick he threw in the little commentary. He said he is not fast but he is blah blah blah. I zoned out for a split second and missed the last part of the statement. Maybe he was offering a caste acceptable explanation for his great play. Sean Salisbury wasn't much help, he said he was fast enough though.
 
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
1,144
Location
New Jersey
Quiet Speed said:
Don Wassall said:
Quiet Speed said:
Shoot, nevermind, ESPN's Trey Wingo just said Matt is not fast. My bad.
smiley5.gif


That's beyond pathetic.  QS, do you remember his quote and the context in which it came up (probably on NFL Live)?

It was on NFL Live. He was narrating the highlights of the game and at the time of Matt's pick he threw in the little commentary. He said he is not fast but he is blah blah blah. I zoned out for a split second and missed the last part of the statement. Maybe he was offering a caste acceptable explanation for his great play. Sean Salisbury wasn't much help, he said he was fast enough though.

Not fast huh? lol Apparently the definition of "fast" to ESPN employees must include the phrase "dark complexion" in it.
smiley36.gif
I was watching Matt's strides across the yardlines on the field. He has an easy 4.3 time, and maybe even a faster time such as 4.28 or 4.29. You could just tell by the way he blew so far past everyone, that he was the FASTEST man on the field. Reggie Bush and the rest of his "gang" (pun INTENDED...lol) of black affaletes could have been in a Cadillac, and they still wouldn't have caught up to him.
smiley36.gif
 

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
27,727
Location
Pennsylvania
His closing speed on that first one is incredible.
 

Tom Iron

Mentor
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
1,597
Location
New Jersey
KJV1,

Great hit on that video.

If things go the way they usually do in the NFL, Giordano'll be waived about Wed. and nobody will pick him up.

Tom Iron...
 

backrow

Hall of Famer
Joined
Oct 23, 2005
Messages
6,887
Location
Spain
Tom Iron said:
KJV1,

Great hit on that video.

If things go the way they usually do in the NFL, Giordano'll be waived about Wed. and nobody will pick him up.

Tom Iron...

don't be stupid. they know they have their next starting safety in Matt, and if they don't he would be claimed the minute he's waived. he's got skills and speed and he displayed them more than once on national TV.
 

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
27,727
Location
Pennsylvania
I think he's making his point through sarcasm, in this case exaggeration of an existing unjust situation for white players.
smiley2.gif
 

backrow

Hall of Famer
Joined
Oct 23, 2005
Messages
6,887
Location
Spain
Don Wassall said:
I think he's making his point through sarcasm, in this case exaggeration of an existing unjust situation for white players.
smiley2.gif

yeah, i understand that, but sometimes i am tired of all the negativity flowing around these boards in either covert or open form. it's not all bleak and things if not getting better are also not getting worse.
 

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
6,285
Don Wassall said:
His closing speed on that first one is incredible.

He looks like a man playing with boys. He is moving so much faster than everyone else it almost looks like a special effect.
 

backrow

Hall of Famer
Joined
Oct 23, 2005
Messages
6,887
Location
Spain
White Shogun said:
Don Wassall said:
His closing speed on that first one is incredible.

He looks like a man playing with boys. He is moving so much faster than everyone else it almost looks like a special effect.

yup. plus he kept going all the way, none of that high stepping bullsh*t. if Hester is suppose to be the most dynamic player in the NFL, what does it make Matt?
smiley1.gif
 
American Freedom News
Top