Lots of whites fighting soon

The Hock

Master
Froch is the one stepping up here. He's the one with something to prove at this level. He seems to thinking he has the goods to get the job done. I'll be watching.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Based on Frochy last performance he has better than 70% of fending off Taylor. In his last fight he demonstrated a strong chin, good boxing skills, better than average punching power and most important great endurance/stamina. The latter is the key. Bring Taylor into deep waters and drown him. If Taylor wins, I won't feel horrible like I did when he beat Hatton. Taylor is a good guy, whereas Mayweather is basically a street urchin.

j41181

Master
The Froch-Taylor fight will be big. Taylor is also a nice fellow, considering he was brought up the Midwest (Arkansas), Mayweather is your classic ghetto boy. If Taylor wins, no hard feelings, he's one of those few nice and well-mannered black athletes (he and Pavlik respect each other).

Ricky Hatton's career is on the line, as he faces the great Filipino Manny Pacquiao. He had better fight a lot smarter here, 'cause Pacman's a more dangerous puncher than Mayweather, and proof that he can take-down bigger opponents (David Diaz, and Oscar). Good luck though to the Hitman.
smiley2.gif

P-NutLane

Guru
I think Carl Froch is a very good boxer. We will see in this bout how good. Ill say this, I like his style. He is calm, and has a swagger that more white men should live with. He whooped Pascals head in most every round. Taylor is not a WHOLE lot better than Pascal. I think since Calzaghe retired, Ill name Froch as the guy I root for the most. Maybe Pavlik. Anyway, Froch by UD!Edited by: P-NutLane

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Hopefully Froch wins this fight and Brudov defeats Jones this summer. This will give us 18 out of 20 belts. Things look really good. Pavlik and Abraham have no threats at middleweight. The only way one of them lose their belts is if they fight each other. Kessler can destroy anyone in the world at super middleweight now that Calzaghe is gone. Adamek is very dominant at cruiserweight. At heavyweight we have the best fighter on the planet in Vitali Klitschko.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Lots of white fighters in action this weekend:

Friday

Marius Wach vs. Julius Long
John Duddy vs. Billy Lyell

Saturday

Felix Sturm vs. Koji Sato
Karoly Balszay vs. Maselino Masoe
Gennady Golovkin vs. Anthony Greenidge
Adam Richards vs. Gustavo Enriquez
Paul Appleby vs. Martin Lindsay
Carl Froch vs. Jermain Taylor
Paulie Malignaggi vs. Christopher Fernandez

Richards, who has been a small heavyweight, will be making his debut at cruiserweight.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Wach won by TKO in round 7. Duddy lost to Billy Lyell by SD. I can't believe my eyes on this one.
We can take some comfort in Lyell being another white boxer. Duddy has still never let a black man beat him
smiley1.gif

It was nice to read that Polish heavyweight Marius Wach stopped Julius Long in the 7th round yeaterday.
smiley32.gif

Long is a 7'1" African-American with a 90" reach who went the distance with black hope Odlanier Solis.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Stream for today's fights in Germany from Polsat:

Polsat stream

Click on the "18 years and older" icon.

You will need to enter an access code, which is "brendan".

Enjoy! They are talking about Adamek fighting Johnson now.

Edited by: JD1986

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Thanks JD. Are the fights starting soon?

They just showed Gregory Soszynski's fight before I posted the link (he KOed his overmatched opponent, he's now 14-0) and now there is a delay between fights. The stream may stop for awhile while they are waiting for the next fight to start.

Refreshing the screen sometimes brings the stream back when it hesitates. It sounds like Adamek will fight Johnson. What are they saying, whiteathlete33?Edited by: JD1986

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I see Sturm is up next. Adamek was discussing the Hatton Pacquoi fight. He said that He is giving Hatton a chance and anything can happen in a fight.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Earlier today, Karoly Balzsay KOed Maselino Masoe in the 11th round.

The Sturm fight is about to start...

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Sturm wins by 7th round TKO.

It was a very one-sided fight. Sturm blocked most of Sato's punches with his gloves, while landing clean shots on Sato's face in every round.

j41181

Master
JD1986 said:
Sturm wins by 7th round TKO.

It was a very one-sided fight. Sturm blocked most of Sato's punches with his gloves, while landing clean shots on Sato's face in every round.
Congrats to Sturm's victory!
smiley32.gif

When will he fight in the USA again, I wonder?
smiley1.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Sergiy Dzinziruk has an upcoming fight in August with James Kirkland. Kirkland is 25-0 and will be the hardest test yet for Dzinziruk.