Lots of whites fighting soon

referendum

Mentor
According to Boxrec schedule I found 9 of the white belt holders from middleweight on up fighting over the next two months.
Tonite, Adamek vs. Banks for IBF cruiserweight belt
March 13 Lucien Bute vs. Zuniga for IBF super
middleweight belt.
March 14 Arthur Abraham vs. Simon for IBF middle-
weight belt
March 14 Enzo Maccarinelli vs. Afolabi for WBO
interim cruiserweight title
March 21 Vitali Klitschko vs. Gomez for WBC
heavyweight belt
March 27 Fragomeni vs. Wlodarczyk for WBC
cruiserweight belt.
April 10 Diaconu vs. Branco for WBC light
heavyweight belt.
April 11 Victor Ramirez (Argentine mestizo)vs.
Ali Ismailov (Azeri) for WBO cruiserweight.
April 25 Felix Sturm vs. Koj Sato for WBA middle
weight belt.
April 25 Carl Froch vs. Jermain Taylor for WBC
supermiddleweight belt.
April 25 Karoly Balzsay vs Maselino Masoe (Samoan
for WBO supermiddleweight belt.
Nine of the fights have a white fighting a non-white, including the Ismailov vs. Ramirez as white vs. non-white.
Edited by: referendum

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Wow, I sure hope we dont lose any belts. I think whites will win every fight. One fight worries me a little is Froch vs Taylor.

j41181

Master
whiteathlete33 said:
Wow, I sure hope we dont lose any belts. I think whites will win every fight. One fight worries me a little is Froch vs Taylor.
I'm more concerned about the Bute-Andrade fight. Bute took a beating in their last fight, and barely escaped a win. I hope he can fight smarter in their rematch. That Andrade is like a brick wall.

j41181

Master
The Froch-Taylor fight looks even. But Taylor is NOT the same fighter, not after absorbing 2 big defeats against Pavlik. Froch should be able to handle him.

j41181

Master
Oh, my mistake, referendum must have screwed up!
smiley9.gif

I'm certain though Bute will have a rematch with Andrade.

j41181

Master
Best of Luck to all the white fighters!!!

Let's hope all of them win!!!!

referendum

Mentor
Whoops, I was looking at Bute's last opponent, fixed it now. Anyway, I'm thinking that Froch vs. Taylor is the most dangerous fight for the white fighters. The odds for Abraham are huge (you have to put up 40 dollars to win one) on Klitschko 6 to win one, on Adamek tonite
-380 (put up 3.80 dollars to win one). Couldn't find odds on other fights yet.
Also, we will have to see what the status of the WBO cruiserweight belt is, as boxrec says Macca is fighting for the WBO interim belt in March and then that Ramirez is fighting for it in April. Sounds kind of like Chagaev and Valuev with the WBA heavyweight belt.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Adamek will win tonight. Trust me on that one. Froch is a good fighter however I hope he can handle Taylor. Taylor is top notch as well.

j41181

Master
whiteathlete33 said:
j41181 at this rate you will hit 1000 posts in no time.
Just gunning for 500 at the the moment.
smiley9.gif

1000? Maybe next year.
smiley9.gif

Thanks for the complement!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Referendum 8 of the fights have a white fighting a non white. Silvio Branco is Italian. I believe that's the one you are missing.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Froch-Taylor and Ismailov-Ramirez are the only fights on the list that worry me. Taylor's a world class fighter and if he fights like he did in the Pavlik rematch Froch-Taylor will be close. Ismailov is going to Argentina so he'll probably need a knockout to win down there.

Our guys could win every match on the list. I'm hoping for a clean sweep.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes, Froch vs Taylor is the fight that worries me. I hope Froch has enough experience and skills to win this fight. I don't think Froch is as good as Pavlik so it could be a close fight.

P-NutLane

Guru
I think Froch is gonna give Taylor a good whoopin. I like Taylor better than alot of black sports stars. He always was a good sport after the Pavlik fights.

referendum

Mentor
I'm rooting for Wlodarczyk over Fragomeni because if he wins that might help set up an all Polish title unifier clash between him and Adamek.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Sturm will dominate Sato. Karoly Balzsay will win as well. Froch-Taylor could go either way and is really the only fight we have to worry about. Taylor is still a dangerous fighter and I have only seen Froch in action several times. I hope he can keep Taylor's jab at bay and dominate with power shots.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
It was a good first quarter of the year for white boxers, since Vitali, Bute, Chagaev, Abraham, and Adamek all successfully defended their titles against black opponents.
smiley32.gif

We still have 17 of 20 titles from middleweight to heavyweight.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Ukrainian Vitali Tsypko fights Librado Andrade this Saturday. I believe it will be televised on Showtime.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Blue Devils said:
Ukrainian Vitali Tsypko fights Librado Andrade this Saturday. I believe it will be televised on Showtime.

Sure would be nice to see Vitali pull off an upset, but he doesn't have the power to stop the iron-chinned Andrade. He is however better skilled, so there's a chance of him winning a decision if the scoring is fair. He was robbed against Jeff Lacy a couple of years ago - I'm hoping it doesn't happen again.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This upcoming weekend we have Duddy, Sturm, Balzsay, and Froch in action. This will be a huge weekend for white fighters. The only fight that worries me somewhat is Froch-Taylor. I don't know much about Froch but hopefully he can beat Taylor.