Liddell vs. White

JD074

Master
So I saw this fight again on Spike TV a couple nights ago, and what really struck me is how low people will go to pander to blacks. No matter what the circumstances, people- esp. the media- will find a way to kiss black butt.

Liddell was thoroughly dominating Vernon "the Tiger Woods" White, punching him all over the ring. And yet the commentators couldn't stop complimenting White throughout the entire fight. Joe Rogan was saying things like, "he has so much heart," "he's keeping his composure," "such a warrior," blah blah blah. At one point he was literally curled up in a fetal position against the cage because he was so beaten down/ scared/ ineffective. How could you call that being a "warrior" and showing "composure?" And when White would occasionally land a punch (none of them actually doing much) they acted like it was the greatest thing in the world. "Oh wow, he rocked Liddell!" Please.

I've gotten used to this shameless pandering, but I couldn't help but get steamed this time. It's one of the more blatant displays that I've seen in a while. Every single sport is susceptible to this type of stupidity. Every one. No exceptions. It should not come as a shock if someday we see an over-hyped black UFC fighter who's treated by these commentators like he's the second coming of Muhammad Ali. Hopefully the white fighters will put an end to it quickly... and brutally.

Okay, rant over.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I dread the day when a black MMA fighter actually starts winning a few matches. He'll be hyped to no-end and the cascade of blacks-are-better remarks will begin in earnest.

White_Savage

Mentor
In a mild defense of the commentators, they DO tend to say "He has heart" about every guy that gets grounded and pounded but refuses to tap out. Which does require an abundance of heart or a vacuity of brains, take your pick.

So where is this great black NHB champion? Not on any horizon I see. More to the point, why aren't more white people talking about this fact?

White people ARE the best fighters, Mr. Ali.

I think the announcers are flustered and struggling because a) they are
supposed to mouth just what their PC Kommisars have told them to say,
and b) stammering because the brainwashing and orders they've received
are countered by what they are seeing inside the ring/cage in most NHB
fights. Who knows, maybe they'll try fixing/bribing as the way to
establish the "great black hope" in NHB fighting.

JD074

Master
I agree that they generally compliment a fighter who is "surviving" a battering, but this felt like more than that to me. Could just be paranoid, but the dude was in a friggin' fetal position. The guy did absolutely nothing to deserve those compliments.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
It was a closer fight than I remembered from the highlights - til he took it on the chin, that is.
smiley36.gif