Laveranues Coles, Future Hall of Famer

Realgeorge

Mentor
Boo hoo hoo, Mr. Coles is so upset that in his 90 catches last year none of them went for long yardage. So "hoot hoot spit, I'm moving to another team where I'm guaranteed to make touchdowns all the time." The problem is really with the insipid Joe Gibbs (Don Was you are so right about the guy) and chief NFL bad-boy owner Dan Snyder. A lousy team poorly coached with a megalomanic criminal owner and pouty spoiled players. So what else is new. Again the angry black receiver will be placated, or replaced by another one, preferably with an equally poorprevious season (Santana Moss NYJ), and no white receiver will even be considered in a trade.

And how about that name spelling. Sonny Jurgensen calls him "La-ver-nee-us"and I guess that's a correct pronunciation. I miss Art Monk. He made his 90 catches in a 14-game schedule and never complained a bit

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Good call, RG. Coles is a smurf-sized decent possession receiver who, like so many black athletes, thinks he is a superstar.

Rod Gardner, the Redskins other starting receiver,also wantsto be traded to another team. So both starting receivers believe they have been greatly underused. If that's the case, who then was getting all the receptions and touchdowns that they believe have been denied them?

But wherever they go, the fans and media pundits will welcome them almost as saviors. I see this all the time with mediocre black receivers. So many fans think they'refinally going tobust out and "fulfill their potential."Edited by: Don Wassall

bigunreal

Mentor
You guys are right about Coles and about "Saint" Joe Gibbs. Coles had
one halfway decent season with the Jets, and parlayed that into a
ridiculous contract with the Redskins. Dan Snyder, the worst owner in
the history of pro sports, specializes in giving out huge, undeserved
contracts to mediocre players. No matter how many times this backfires
on him, he just does it again. For instance, the big rumor is that
they're about to give a $15 million signing bonus to recently arrested
DB Samari Rolle. This fits in with Snyder's history of finding the
perfect player to give an absurd amount of money to, when everyone
knows that player is not great and will never live up to expectations.
It also makes a mockery of Saint Joe's alleged concern about signing
players who have character issues. Uh, Joe, he was just arrested a few
weeks ago for domestic abuse. Gibbs is the most sanctimonious phony in
the NFL. He doesn't like guys with character issues, yet he drafts Sean
Taylor and praises him constantly. What a joke.

G

I see that WAS shipped COLES off to the NYJ for Santana MOSS.

This just in: COLES and MOSS will remain mediocre, and so will the New York Jets; WAS will remain just plain bad.