Latest Mock Draft

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Six black o-linemen including three of the top seven picks and all going before the one white lineman. Looks like if the QB position can't go predominantly black the line will with a vengeance.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Aw so ridiculous the only good outcome is for those teams to contiue to suck! I want to keep track of those 6 black guys and six white guys on the line and see which succeed in the NFL.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Andre Smith is unlikely to go to KC at #3.

They need a player that can excite their fanbase. Some of these poor teams will be in crisis if they can't get their act together.

Jacksonville might go for a left tackle. Cincinnati has many needs.

Green Bay will probably go for an OT or DE/DT. Michael Crabtree is overrated. This guy also has a Terrence Cody fetish. How did a "small" Utah team neutralize him?!

Scout is the same site that was pushing Max Jean-Gilles and Winston Justice as "legit" a few years back...

[url]http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=12&nid=83&lnid= 124&yr=2006[/url]

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I don't have any spite while saying this but looking at the head shots of this years years draft class made me think, this is probably the ugliest bunch ever. All the afletes look grossly obese. Even the skill players have fat faces.

In comparison, offensive lineman Max Unger sure fooled me with his head shot. The guy has has a thin face and looks like a TE or LB. He's probably athletic enough for either.....

P.S. It seems Mount Cody will give Grady Jackson a run at biggest fat blob as soon as his NFL career begins.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Stafford is bigger/stronger than Bradford @ 6'2 235 with a stronger arm.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Not only that, just 4 out of the 20 starting offensive linemen on the final four teams are white.

The way the past few drafts have gone and the way the upcoming one is looking, the o-line is about to give way from the rough 50-50 split it's been the past half dozen or so years to heavily black over the next two to three seasons.

I think, overall, some of the darker O-lines will add a White or two (through the draft or free agency in the next few years) and some of the Whiter O-lines will add a black. I also think it makes sense to separate the bottom-feeding teams from the potential contenders.

Brandon Albert "fell" in the draft last year compared to where he was on the Mock Drafts. What bothers me is the possibility of Andre Smith or Eugene Monroe going to Green Bay at #9.

I think KC, Cleveland and Cinci will be tempted to select Knowshon Moreno. You can get the equivalent of Andre Smith in the 4th Round, and these fanbases need somebody that can excite them.

1/Detroit -- had empty seats this season
2/St. Louis -- I'm not sure
3/Kansas City -- had empty seats this season
4/Seattle
5/Cleveland -- had empty seats this season
6/Cincinnati -- had empty seats this season
7/Oakland
8/Jacksonville -- probably had empty seats this season
9/Green Bay

Teams will be under pressure to do what Atlanta, Baltimore and Miami did this season -- or at least be solidly improved. Like always, there's going to be some idiotic drafting, but I think teams are going to be a bit more serious. There's absolutely nothing special about Oklahoma's Phil Loadholt. He shouldn't be a 1st rounder (we'll see); I suspect he might be moved to right tackle on the NFL level.

There are 3 men on the interior line. White guards could make some gains.

Edited by: Deadlift

dwid

Hall of Famer
i wish there was some type of draft guide just for the White players that were going pro, like draft grade where they should go etc. i know alot of them would fall to further than they should or not get drafted at all but it would be nice to have, or even just a real mock draft, where all the players were really rated on skill and there werent a bunch of overrated sumos in the first roundEdited by: dwid

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Less black underclassmen have entered the draft than I had expected.

I wonder which team will take Chase Coffman. He shouldn't fall further than the 2nd Round.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I would love to see Coffman go to Atlanta. How dynamic would he be with Ryan?!?!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I have been looking at some first round mock drafts across the internet, and some of them have Laurinaitis going to the Saints in the first round. They are saying Johnathan Vilma is leaving the Saints, so if Shanle and Fujita retain their starting spots, we could have an all white starting linebacking corps again in New Orleans.
smiley32.gif

Here are some links: Draft Countdown: http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

Draft Daddy: http://www.draftdaddy.com/MD/index.htm

Walter Football: http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

But the rest of the 1st round looks bleak, with the exception of Stafford and Cushing, so far.
smiley19.gif
WalterFootball doesn't have Cushing in the 1st Round.
smiley7.gif
They have him going to Detroit in the 2nd.

Edited by: Jack Lambert

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Kiper has Cushing going to New England as the 23rd pick (he'll probably be available).

He has Laurinaitis going 29th to the New York Giants.

Studs like Paul Poz and Barrett Ruud were selected in the early 2nd Round. In that context, the two above athletes will probably go late 1st and/or early 2nd.

The "situation" (they go to) is more important than simply being picked higher.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
I have been looking at some first round mock drafts across the internet, and some of them have Laurinaitis going to the Saints in the first round. They are saying Johnathan Vilma is leaving the Saints, so if Shanle and Fujita retain their starting spots, we could have an all white starting linebacking corps again in New Orleans.
smiley32.gif

Here are some links: Draft Countdown: http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

Draft Daddy: http://www.draftdaddy.com/MD/index.htm

Walter Football: http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

But the rest of the 1st round looks bleak, with the exception of Stafford and Cushing, so far.
smiley19.gif
WalterFootball doesn't have Cushing in the 1st Round.
smiley7.gif
They have him going to Detroit in the 2nd.
I wish, but i dont think Vilma is going to leave the Saints. They are going to wait to resign him though, if they resign him before a certain date they are going to owe the jets a 2nd round pick which means they will owe the giants a 1st and 5th instead of 2nd and 5th for Shockey.

It would be nice to have Laurenitis though. Im sick of every fan on the Saints forum calling him overrated when he is mentioned saying "he just jumped on a bunch of tackles someone else made to pad his stats" or that he is "shanle part 2" (they think Shanle is horrible, even though Shanle looked good this year) They love Vilma, imo hes a bit overrated, i didnt see anything special this year, i admit he was solid, but not irreplacable, and if it takes a big contract to keep him then its not worth it.

Everyone is wanting to get LB to replace Shanle, Cushing comes up but everyone screams "HES A JUICER" "if i ever saw steroid induced muscles, his are it" and posts those 2 pics of him where hes smaller in one and bigger than the other (even though one is from his sophmore season and the other is from senior season...they even post a high school picture as if that is relevent), but then the same people want Rey M. If Cushing did juice, why would they think Rey M didnt juice also? Its not like Cushing is the only player in college football that is able to get around the testing process, if he did juice that is.

Then there is the scenario of trading down for more picks(which we need because saints have like 3 picks) and drafting Clay Matthews, which i think i like the idea of.

Lets just hope the saints front office is smart enough to not get some overrated player for defense, we have Greg Williams as a dcoordinator so he will have some input i believe, but i dont know the type of players he likes.
Edited by: dwid

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Like I said above, Stafford has a better arm than Sanchez...and thus he'll be the 1st pick selected.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's Mel Kiper's current first round mock draft:
<DIV =mod-content>
<H4>Mel Kiper's first round</H4>
<TABLE>
<T>
<TR>
<TH>Pick</TH>
<TH>Team</TH>
<TH>Player</TH>
<TH>Position</TH>
<TH>College</TH></TR></T>
<T>
<TR =last>
<TD>1</TD>
<TD>Detroit</TD>
<TD>Matthew Stafford</TD>
<TD>QB</TD>
<TD>Georgia</TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>2</TD>
<TD>St. Louis</TD>
<TD>Andre Smith</TD>
<TD>OT</TD>
<TD>Alabama</TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>3</TD>
<TD>Kansas City</TD>
<TD>Mark Sanchez</TD>
<TD>QB </TD>
<TD>USC</TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>4 </TD>
<TD>Seattle</TD>
<TD>Michael Crabtree </TD>
<TD>WR </TD>
<TD>Texas Tech </TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>5 </TD>
<TD>Cleveland </TD>
<TD>Aaron Curry</TD>
<TD>LB</TD>
<TD>Wake Forest</TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>6 </TD>
<TD>Cincinnati</TD>
<TD>Jason Smith </TD>
<TD>OT</TD>
<TD>Baylor</TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>7</TD>
<TD>Oakland</TD>
<TD>Jeremy Maclin </TD>
<TD>WR</TD>
<TD>Missouri</TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>8 </TD>
<TD>Jacksonville </TD>
<TD>Eugene Monroe </TD>
<TD>OT </TD>
<TD>Virginia</TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>9 </TD>
<TD>Green Bay </TD>
<TD>Malcolm Jenkins </TD>
<TD>CB</TD>
<TD>Ohio St.</TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>10 </TD>
<TD>San Francisco</TD>
<TD>Aaron Maybin </TD>
<TD>DE/OLB</TD>
<TD>Penn St.</TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>11 </TD>
<TD>Buffalo</TD>
<TD>Brandon Pettigrew</TD>
<TD>TE</TD>
<TD>Oklahoma St. </TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>12 </TD>
<TD>Denver</TD>
<TD>B.J. Raji </TD>
<TD>DT</TD>
<TD>Boston College</TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>13 </TD>
<TD>Washington</TD>
<TD>Brian Orakpo</TD>
<TD>DE</TD>
<TD>Texas </TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>14 </TD>
<TD>New Orleans </TD>
<TD>Vontae Davis </TD>
<TD>CB </TD>
<TD>Illinois </TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>15</TD>
<TD>Houston </TD>
<TD>Everette Brown </TD>
<TD>DE</TD>
<TD>Florida St.</TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>16 </TD>
<TD>San Diego </TD>
<TD>Knowshon Moreno </TD>
<TD>RB</TD>
<TD>Georgia</TD></TR><OFFER>
<TR =last>
<TD>17 </TD>
<TD>New York Jets</TD>
<TD>Percy Harvin </TD>
<TD>WR </TD>
<TD>Florida </TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>18 </TD>
<TD>Chicago</TD>
<TD>Tyson Jackson </TD>
<TD>DE </TD>
<TD>LSU </TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>19 </TD>
<TD>Tampa Bay </TD>
<TD>Josh Freeman </TD>
<TD>QB </TD>
<TD>Kansas St. </TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>20 </TD>
<TD>Detroit (from Dallas) </TD>
<TD>Rey Maualuga </TD>
<TD>LB </TD>
<TD>USC </TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>21 </TD>
<TD>Philadelphia </TD>
<TD>Chris "Beanie" Wells </TD>
<TD>RB</TD>
<TD>Ohio St.</TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>22 </TD>
<TD>Minnesota</TD>
<TD>Hakeem Nicks </TD>
<TD>WR</TD>
<TD>North Carolina</TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>23</TD>
<TD>New England </TD>
<TD>Brian Cushing </TD>
<TD>LB </TD>
<TD>USC </TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>24 </TD>
<TD>Atlanta</TD>
<TD>Larry English </TD>
<TD>DE/OLB </TD>
<TD>No. Illinois</TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>25 </TD>
<TD>Miami </TD>
<TD>Darrius Heyward-Bey </TD>
<TD>WR </TD>
<TD>Maryland </TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>26 </TD>
<TD>Baltimore</TD>
<TD>D.J. Moore </TD>
<TD>CB </TD>
<TD>Vanderbilt</TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>27 </TD>
<TD>Indianapolis</TD>
<TD>Peria Jerry</TD>
<TD>DT </TD>
<TD>Mississippi </TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>28 </TD>
<TD>Philadelphia (from Carolina)</TD>
<TD>Michael Oher </TD>
<TD>OT </TD>
<TD>Mississippi </TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>29 </TD>
<TD>New York Giants</TD>
<TD>James Laurinaitis </TD>
<TD>LB </TD>
<TD>Ohio St. </TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>30 </TD>
<TD>Tennessee </TD>
<TD>Michael Johnson </TD>
<TD>DE </TD>
<TD>Georgia Tech </TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>31 </TD>
<TD>Arizona </TD>
<TD>LeSean McCoy </TD>
<TD>RB </TD>
<TD>Pittsburgh </TD></TR>
<TR =last>
<TD>32 </TD>
<TD>Pittsburgh </TD>
<TD>Alex Mack </TD>
<TD>C </TD>
<TD>California </TD></TR>

</T></TABLE>

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
In a fair world Austin Collie would likely be the 4th WR taken after Jeremy Maclin, Percy Harvin and Michael Crabtree, but Collie is ranked 17th by NFLdraftscout despite leading the nation in receiving yards and dominating like a stud for top 25 ranked BYU.

Brain Robiskie is ranked 7th by NFLdraftscout and Brian Hartline is ranked 43rd. Hartline was almost as good statistically this year as Robiskie and last year as well (Hartline actually topped Robiskie in yards this year; I believe). Hartline will also test out similar athletically to Robiskie. This proves all there is to know about the caste system. One is a 2nd round pick the other somehow undraftable after being blammed for a drop in catches with a freshman QB at the helm. It doesn't matter that Hartline had a great career for media darling Ohio State.
smiley11.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Must have been another thread i wondered this, Harris was the WORST pick up possible by the Lions. I hope another 0-16 season for 2009

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
At least the Steelers might be taking a white O-Lineman unless "affirmative action" boy Mike Tomlin lets the sumos get to him. Stupid caste clown Kiper doesn't have Cushing in the 1st round.
smiley7.gif

I pray to god Tomlin won't take Pat White or NAte Davis to back up Big Ben. We need a white QB backing him up.

I'll say this again, I feel sorry for the teams that take sumos early in the first round.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Cushing is a local kid from my area. He is from Park Ridge which is up north a little from my house. Most draft boards have him as the top linebacker prospect. I personally think he will be the first linebacker picked.