Kornheiser and Wilbon and the comPOST

Realgeorge

Mentor
<center>The most sickening pair in sports. I avoid ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption" like the plague.</font></font></center></font>

But it's hard to avoid Booby and Baldy in the Washington comPost sports section.

The primary job of these fellows in their day job, at the Washington com-Post, is to slander whites. Not just athletes, but whites.

A favorite mantra of the comPost pair is to hate the National Hockey League. "The NHL is dead" is breathed almost daily, with particular cheap shots at the local team, the Caps. The comPost, along with much of the rest of the sports media, made great hay about the NHL lockout. At the end of the lockout, the NHL came roaring back bigger and better than ever.

It's been an EXCELLENT year at the NHL. The sport is fast and fun again, lots of happy stories of good players getting recognition. Attendance is up, and TV viewership is way up, especially on the "regional" networks that carry the "local" team. Comcast Sportsnet, in particular, admits that NHL broadcasts are a huge hit this year. NHL owners are making money again.
</font>

The comPost and the ZionistTimes of DC frequently lament the success of the NHL. To compensate, an occasional forlorn article saying "Hockey is dead," an obligitory shudder of disgust toward the timelessly successful sport of white man's hockey, is printed. Here's the latest Kornheiser diatribe: </font></font>

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04 /03/AR2006040301731.html[/url]

Booby, go pound sand.Edited by: Realgeorge

Kornheiser and his ilk will promote the NBA until his last breath but will always - ALWAYS - find time to bash hockey.

I'm sure it irks his tribe that Atlanta's minor league hockey team -- which is equivalent to a AA baseball team -- draws better attendance than the high-flyin', rim-shakin' Phat-lanta Hawks of the NBA.

The NHL is loaded with young stars and has a bright future ahead of it, and this is why it is under attack by the Kornheiser's of the world.

JoeV

Guru
Hockey is mostly a Canuck and cities that have hockey sport. Living in Cleveland, I will always follow basketball 100 times more than hockey, just because we don't have a hockey team. Probably the only hockey I have ever seen is US Olympic Hockey.

To those who doubt the sport of hockey. GO TO A LIVE GAME!!! Television just doesn't do the sport justice. Just because your city does not have an NHL team do not mean you have to ignore the fastest sport in the world, either. Minor league hockey is probably the most bang-for-the-buck entertainment you can find. Hell, watching a bunch five year olds fall down after every shot is pretty damn funny
smiley36.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hockey is a great sport to watch live. If you have a team to root for it's also great to watch on television. When my favorite team (Penguins) was in the playoffs, it was just as excitingfor me as NFL playoff games. Iusually attended some home playoff games and watched the rest on TV, and it was live or die each game of each series. When the Penguins won the Stanley Cup in '91 and '92 the city of Pittsburgh was just as excited as when the Steelers win the Super Bowl. The only difference is that there are more football fans than hockey fans, but the thrill is the same.

I'll watch more of the Stanley Cup playoffs the deeper it goes. I'll be rooting for the Red Wings again this year as GM Craig Patrick has led the Penguins into the cellar for the fourth consecutive season. Nothing would be better than for Steve Yzerman's name to be on the Cup one more time.