Khabib Allakhverdiev

I have it 2-2 after 4 rounds, a lot of the rounds have been quite close and uneventful. Neither guy really landing any big shots.

Allakhverdiev would have AB in trouble if he could just hit a bit harder...

I have it 4-4 After 8 rounds, though I must admit I think Broner is the stronger fighter at this point. Allakhverdiev is a good boxer, but he lacks power and overall strength. If he had that, this fight would be a lot different.

Khabib has landed well on Broner but you can see his lack of strength showing up in the later rds.

I had the fight even heading into the last round, but the referee stopped the fight and gave Broner a 12 rd TKO win. Im watching on a stream, but the stoppage did seem a bit sudden. Having said that, its always better to stop a fight early than let it go on a bit because fighters can get injured. I do get the feeling Khabib could have finished the fight though.

Allakhverdiev gave a good effort but hes got little in the way of power or strength. He managed to outwork Broner in many of the rounds, but Broner clearly hits harder and began imposing his strength on Khabib as the fight went on. If Khabib could punch this would have been a vastly different fight.

Broner is not very good, and although Im a fan of Khabib, he is also quite limited. Not a bad boer but very little in the way of having an attacking presence.

Weve already seen what happens when Broner faces a guy who can bang (Maidana fight) and that would happen again if he faced anyone like that... In fact it would have happened tonight if Khabib had more of a physical presence and had more on his shots.

A lot of people on boxing sites are saying the stoppage was bad.

I agree, it was an unnecessary stoppage. Khabib was in the fight and didnt appear to be staggered or hurt. He could have finished the fight. Then again, I dont like complaining about early stoppages because the opposite of that (a fight that should be stopped which isn't) can often times result in injured boxers.

Not the best stoppage though. Seemed like the ref may have wanted to give Broner a bit of a gift to be honest.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
They should have let Khabib finish the fight. There was no good reason to stop it.

But they wanted to make Broner look good.