Junior Seau Committs Suicide

I watched a bit of Sports Center for several minutes last night for the first time in a long time, and they had a segment focusing on Seau's death and the Saints "bounty scandal," the thrust of which was that both events together had irrevocably changed football. I didn't watch it carefully but the word "reparations" was being tossed around near the end, which most definitely did get my attention.

Reparations is a CM buzzword and concept usually used when talking about blacks and their perpetual victimhood and self-pity; when it starts being used when discussing concussions, it looks like a tipoff of a strategy by parasitic lawyers to file a class action suit on behalf of all current and former players to try and take a huge bite out of the financially lucrative NFL, similar to the way the tobacco companies were gouged some years back.
I am hoping not to get off topic here but if black people would stop having 6 kids out of wedlock and having kids when they can't afford them this country would be better off. This is a trend I know is never going to end. I believe in some social welfare programs but you shouldin't pay people MORE for being stupid and having tons of kids.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I am hoping not to get off topic here but if black people would stop having 6 kids out of wedlock and having kids when they can't afford them this country would be better off. This is a trend I know is never going to end. I believe in some social welfare programs but you shouldin't pay people MORE for being stupid and having tons of kids.
Here is a story about another player who was productive with near fatal injuries but is a mess in his mid 50's and will probably have to live in a state sponsored group home in his 60's.......http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/George-Visger/george-visger-damage-done

Truthteller

Mentor
Here is a story about another player who was productive with near fatal injuries but is a mess in his mid 50's and will probably have to live in a state sponsored group home in his 60's.......http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/George-Visger/george-visger-damage-done

While I absolutely empathize with Visger's plight, fact of the matter is records show he only played sparingly in 3 NFL games. So while he's talking about getting financial help from the NFL, it's very likely most of his damage was done at the high school or college level. Why not chase them for money?

I guess Deion Sanders was correct about this topic, a lot of the lawsuits against the NFL are only about money. Visger probably sustained most of his damage prior to reaching the pros, but since the NFL generates billions, they are the targets of the lawsuits, not the high schools and colleges?

If anything, this story about Visger shows how dangerous high school and college football can be. And, according to the article, he played high school and college ball in the 1970's. Imagine how bad things are now, with so many "super athletes" on steroids and offensive lineman (sumo's) weighing 360 pounds, instead of weighing 260 (or less), as they did in Visger's era.

white is right

Hall of Famer
While I absolutely empathize with Visger's plight, fact of the matter is records show he only played sparingly in 3 NFL games. So while he's talking about getting financial help from the NFL, it's very likely most of his damage was done at the high school or college level. Why not chase them for money?

I guess Deion Sanders was correct about this topic, a lot of the lawsuits against the NFL are only about money. Visger probably sustained most of his damage prior to reaching the pros, but since the NFL generates billions, they are the targets of the lawsuits, not the high schools and colleges?

If anything, this story about Visger shows how dangerous high school and college football can be. And, according to the article, he played high school and college ball in the 1970's. Imagine how bad things are now, with so many "super athletes" on steroids and offensive lineman (sumo's) weighing 360 pounds, instead of weighing 260 (or less), as they did in Visger's era.
The only thing I could equate this to in the real world is if he was a construction worker and had injuries that he worked through in a non union shop. When he was hired as union worker a plank hit him in the skull a few months into work and he was never allowed to work as construction worker again. He received a settlement and got on with his life but years later the brain trauma has made him a non functioning adult. PS ESPN had a story where high school boards of education have been stalling covering injured students in football and some families have gone broke paying for their children's care. I think once the child turns 19 the coverage stops regardless of the physical shape of the injured party at the age.