Jordy Nelson

nhl411

Guru
yah and playing in tech's pass crazy offense with a far better qb than kstates has nothing to do with crabtree's numbers does it?Edited by: nhl411

jared

Mentor
To take nothing away from Crabtree and Amendola, in my opinion Jordy Nelson would come in and be the best receiver on Texas Tech on day 1. He's a better athlete than both of them and puts up comparable numbers with a lamer QB and in a lamer system.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Some of these white receivers need to do track to get their times known. The scouting bias against white receiver maybe worse than the bias against white tailbacks. Beyond Don Beebee and Tim Dwight I don't recall one white speedster having some qualifying remark about his speed. If he runs a sub 11, then he doesn't play as well as he times, or he doesn't have another gear, etc, etc, etc...
smiley11.gif

SteveB

Mentor
After another big game, Nelson is ranked 3rd in the nation in receiving yards with 903. He is on pace to get over 1500 yds for the seaon.

G

nhl411 said:
yah and playing in tech's pass crazy offense with a far better qb than kstates has nothing to do with crabtree's numbers does it?

If they had a balanced run/pass offense, he'd be even better, Have you ever seen Texas Tech play? When you have no running game, the defenders have no reason to stuff the box.A lack of run protection frees up safeties and extra defensive backs. Crabtree getsdoubled and triple teamed on every single play,yet still scorches them everySaturday.

Honest run protection with linebackers instead of extra corners and free safeties would freeCrabtree andAmendola up a lot more than they are now.

jared

Mentor
Sorry dude but when a team is running the ball, that means they aren't throwing as many passes. Hence, less receptions, less rec yards, TD's, etc. Harrell has thrown 478 passes this year. That's 100 more than ANY other QB in Div 1A (probably more than any team at ANY level, professional or amateur). The vast majority of QB's have only thrown around 250 passes. Those throws have to go somewhere. There's nothing mystical about Texas Tech's WR's, it happens every year. I'd probably be good for 40 receptions and 500 yards on their squad.

Yes, it's no mystery what TT is gonna do on offense so defenses adjust accordingly to play the pass. "Free them up more"?: probably, but their stats would still take a gigantic dive if they actually handed the ball off more than twice each quarter. TT has a good system, a competent QB, and two good receivers. Crabtree is having a spectacular year even by TT standards. You can't ignore the system they play though, it inflates stats. It also makes it difficult to compare their receivers to players on more balanced teams.
I still think Nelson is superior to Amendola and Crabtree.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Texas Tech has been giving off what I think is a distictive troll smell. Maybe I'm wrong though.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I had no problem with his last post if he is a Texas Tech fan, but Texas Tech made disparaging comments about McGuffie and basically defended Rivals ranking of him which is ridiculous. McGuffie has had a hard time this year Tech "b/c he's playing on one good leg!" I did more research on the Rivals.com bias and will make a post about this later.

whiteCB

Master
I think Jordy can push mihself into the 1st RD of the draft. White bashers Rivals.com has Jordy now as the #5 ranked WR. Nelson is on pace for such sick stats that he could pull off winning the Biletnikoof. With that said Nelson could parlay all of his on the field awards/stats with a great combine. He already has the frame of a NFL WR at 6'3 220 lbs. So bascially all Nelson has to do is post a great 40 time. At least sub 4.5 which seeing as how he was a track all star in college he is certainly capable of doing so. If he can do that then there is absoloutly nothing the scouts can knock him about except being a white WR but Nelson's numbers and competition he's burned(Texas, Kansas,ect..) will make him impossible to overlook. I really believe Nelson can be a 1st Rd pick.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jordy Nelson is 3rd in the nation in receivng yards per game,2nd in receptions per game,and 2nd in average punt return yards. If only Kansas State had one a couple more games, he should be mentioned in the Heisman Race! Way to go Jordy!
smiley32.gif

G

ToughJ.Riggins said:
I had no problem with his last post if he is a Texas Tech fan, but Texas Tech made disparaging comments about McGuffie and basically defended Rivals ranking of him which is ridiculous. McGuffie has had a hard time this year Tech "b/c he's playing on one good leg!" I did more research on the Rivals.com bias and will make a post about this later.

I didn't say anything disparaging about Sam. I was just correcting some of the false things that were said about him. Nothing positive comes out ofexaggeratingor lying about his stats and/or accomplishments.It emboldens his detractors.

Sayinghe's the fastest kid in all of high school football can easily be sourced as untrue.When peopleread a fan saying something that's patently untrue, they're not gonna take anything else he has to say seriously. They're gonna think "if he's so good, why do they have to lie about him?"

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Texas Tech said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:
<div>

I didn't say anything disparaging about Sam. I was just correcting some of the false things that were said about him. Nothing positive comes out of exaggerating or lying about his stats and/or accomplishments. It emboldens his detractors.

Saying he's the fastest kid in all of high school football can easily be sourced as untrue. When people read a fan saying something that's patently untrue, they're not gonna take anything else he has to say seriously. They're gonna think "if he's so good, why do they have to lie about him?"</div>

I'm not talking about that comment, you were correct on that issue. I am talking about your comment putting down his yards per carry when comparing him to other RBs.

Read my comments in the McGuffie thread to see the research I have done which prove how biased Rivals is. I almost threw up when I saw they have Sam ranked at number 197.

Tom Lemming who is considered the top college scout in the nation (editer of Prep Football Magazine) has Sam as the number 10 prospect in the entire nation. Rivals can go F*** themselves. There is no reason at all he should be ranked that low!

Edited to add: You are correct about Michael Crabtree being an amazing player, he will probably win the Biletnikof award, but I still think Nelson is a little more talented.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jordy goes for almost two hundred yards again. He had 13 catches for 194 yards and a touchdown although the Wildcats lost. This kid did everything possible to try to help Kansas State win but they are just an average football team unfortunatley. It is not his fault. I hope they can still make a bowl game. They are now sitting at 5-4 on the year.

Way to go Nelson! The best wide recevier in the country! Not to say that both guys on Texas Tech aren't outstanding too. I say give the Bilitnekoff Award to one of my favorite players Jordy Nelson.
smiley32.gif
Edited by: white lightning

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
white lightning, you mentioned a black player in a positive way. I can't believe you would take away from all the white athletes in all sports with a comment like that!
smiley2.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What was I thinking? The corporate media and dumbed up fans got to me. LMAO! What a game and what a season Nelson is having. He is a faster version of Hass and I can see him being as good or better than Kevin Curtis and Wes Welker at the next level. The is the talent that this kid has. Keep up the great work Colonel_Reb!

Gi-15

Mentor
I just can't beleive the 2nd leading receiver in the nation (1st legit, Ttech receivers doesnt count) is passing under the radar like this. he should get WAY more credit nationally

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Wow, quite a snubbing there. I'm glad some people are touting Jordy and mentioning the reason why he is being ignored. That article in the Kansas paper was good too.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I can't stand the site footballsfuture, they grossly underrate white talent as much as rivals.com and discussing race even tactfully to discuss stereotypes can get you banned from their forums. They are a true PC "marxist status quo" site that is the enemy of people like us that want fairness.

Edited to add: I am not surprised at all that Footballsfuture.com doesn't even mention Nelson in their rankings. To give you of an example of how thick their biases are, their site has Andre Woodson ahead of Brian Brohm in the QB rankings, Brohm should be second and Woodson should be 3rd. They have Dennis Dixon "4th" at QB ahead of Chad Henne and Colt Brennan.
smiley11.gif

They also have Jacob Hester "only" listed as a FB and have Tom Zbikowski ranked I think 6th in their safety rankings. Zbikowski, should be "at least" 3rd even though he isn't a great ball hawk; with his speed, man to man skills, hard hitting-fumble causing tackles, and punt return skills the guy is a true winner. The site also has Chris Long ranked "3rd" at DE. He is a guy that clearly should have moved up with his play this season ahead of Calasis Campbell to number one! Their site is garbage; with guys like them running the world footballs future is a future of "black power."

And if you call them on their anti-white garbage you are banned from their forums, which I almost was! Do you believe it? TJR was almost banned from their forums for "once" having the audacity to mention that white players are undervalued b/c of stereotypes. And I am one of the most moderate guys you'll find when discussing race!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
if Jordy Nelson is ranked only the 15th best wide receiver in the NFL Draft, then how much more obvious can the ridiculousness of the caste system be?
smiley5.gif

this is a video of Jordy Nelson completely outrunning Aquib Talib, allegedly an 'elite shutdown corner' and one of the 'premiere defenders' in college football. just so you know, Jordy Nelson had 10 catches for 137 yards and a touchdown with Talib 'covering' him and a scatter-armed quarterback throwing the ball.

with a less than impressive quarterback under center, Jordy Nelson put together the best year EVER for a Kansas State wideout. he set the school single-game record for receptions with 15, and his 1,606 receiving yards shattered the single-season mark. Nelson, who had 122 receptions (yes, that's a record, too), scored 11 touchdowns along the way. additionally, Nelson is one of three finalists for the Biletnikoff Award that goes to the nation's top receiver (the winner is announced Dec. 6 on ESPN's awards show).
smiley32.gif

in his spare time, Nelson managed to throw 2 touchdown passes AND return 5 punts for 264 yards (yes, that's a 52.8 yard average!) and 2 more touchdowns.
smiley3.gif
smiley32.gif

yeah, i'd say he was a 'marginal' talent.
smiley5.gif

he dominated EVERY secondary he faced... yet somehow there are at least 14 better guys than him? i'd like these caste whores to show them to me.

every team he faced knew he was the ONLY threat KSU had in the passing game, yet they couldn't stop him. here is a web site that shows just what this white man can do.

Jordy Nelson: a faster, bigger Mike Hass; will he be just as screwed by the system? it looks like it so far...

jordynelson-1.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The NFL is a joke. The scouts and so called draft experts are a joke! Jordy Nelson is the best wide receiver in college football period. He has legitimate 4.3 speed and the moves of a dancer. Height, strength,speed, intelligence and stamina. What the hell else are they looking for? Oh, I know. Whatever!
smiley7.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
while i'm thinking about it... here's what a bad ass football player looks like when the caste system doesn't prevent it.

jordynelson1.jpg
jordynelson2.jpg

jordynelson3.jpg
jordynelson-2.jpg

jordynelson4.jpg

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Nice pics Jimmy! Jordy is an incredible talent and is way ahead of the 3rd placed receiver in the country. It is too bad he won't get to show his talents in a bowl game. Lets hope he kicks rear at the combine and Pro-days.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That all American lineup is pretty dang good from my perspective. The defense is majority white!