Jon Jones test positive for cocaine, set to enter drug rehab

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
UFC makes big deal about guys smoking pot but taking cocaine isn't illegal in the organization?! Coke is a stimulant pretty much same effect as adderall,which the NFL considers a performance enhancer.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
UFC makes big deal about guys smoking pot but taking cocaine isn't illegal in the organization?! Coke is a stimulant pretty much same effect as adderall,which the NFL considers a performance enhancer.
It really isn't the UFC, it is the Nevada Athletic Commission, which is composed mainly of people in the boxing organizations and corrupt politicians. They determine the rules and the judges who score the fights. MMA doesn't have their own affiliates to oversee there fights and set the rules and this has been a big problem over the last ten years or so.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
It really isn't the UFC, it is the Nevada Athletic Commission, which is composed mainly of people in the boxing organizations and corrupt politicians. They determine the rules and the judges who score the fights. MMA doesn't have their own affiliates to oversee there fights and set the rules and this has been a big problem over the last ten years or so.

Ah gotcha! Makes sense I suppose. I enjoy your knowledge of mma!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
So Jones is in rehab for cocaine, huh. Do you guys think this will be a huge bump in the road for him or will the UFC just blow this off? A nosy reporter should ask Dana White if he's going to rail Jones for this and make him vacate the title he is holding. After all, there is a long line of fighters amped for a crack at possessing the belt.

Jones is on more than coke...

Just discovered the site is back up!

The media has been silent regarding Jones' fishy T/E ratio when tested. This report is amusing in the way they state, tongue in cheek, that obviously Jones was not using roids, when of course the test results are indicative of the opposite:
http://www.steroidal.com/jon-jones-using-performance-enhancing-drugs/

Jones is a paper champ. The UFC is a fight club. The UFC protects their champs by simply making sure they recruit as few threats to them as possible. It's not only Jones. If anyone thinks someone like Cain Velasquez is absolutely the best guy at that size that can be found, then you are exactly the kind of true believer the UFC needs to help Dana White keep pumping out the propaganda. I don't have anything against Cain per se, but he's lucky for example that Shane Carwin was hurt and unable to develop (something which even Joe Rogan basically admitted on his radio show on Sirius). The UFC wants to make sure the majority of its champs are black or brown. You can throw rocks at me all you want, but I'm positive I'm right. I've seen enough where I'm convinced they've ordered or paid some guys to tank it in fights, just to build up some dark fella's record or keep his streak going. Never mind the ****ty judging which they put up with without much protest.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
With Jones testing positive for coke, and Anderson testing positive for steroids, it's become hard to market the great black hopes.

With Jones testing positive for coke, and Anderson testing positive for steroids, it's become hard to market the great black hopes.

I'm convinced that most of the black fighters are roided out in MMA because the Whites tend to have more natural upper body strength and more endurance. Blacks tend to be quick (even though that's exaggerated) but I believe Whites hands down have such a strength and endurance advantage (on average) that Dana White and the rest of the jackalopes running the show will try to ignore drug use - meaning steroids and EPO - by blacks (and non-whites in general). I wouldn't doubt if they try in some roundabout fashion to help non-whites do just enough to pass most tests. Yoel Romero is clean? lol

Maybe it makes me sound nutty, but I believe things are that bad behind the scenes in a lot of sports. I know track and field has had problems for years with this, with a lot of things coming to light the last few years that proved officials knowingly ignored drug use by black athletes (like Carl Lewis) but heaven help a white guy who tested positive no matter his event. The same thing is now coming to light with it looking like the amazing Kenyans and Ethiopians have only been amazing because they spend 9 - 10 months a year away from spot drug tests, fueling up on EPO while Europeans, the Japanese, etc. are tested all year round in that sport. Whites are screwed constantly. :icon_mad: