John Parker Wilson -vs- Tim Tebow

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I wanted to see a Tim Tebow/Colt McCoy National Championship, but the pro-Oklahoma bias has all but ended this possibility.

Whoever wins this game will probably pound right through the injury-riddled Oklahoma defense. DeMarcus Granger is a very unimpressive sumo. Oklahoma had a couple White athletes on D, but Austin Box got hurt and Auston English's availability isn't known.

J.P. Wilson is a Senior and Tebow is a Junior. Alabama has Bobby Greenwood, Cory Reamer, Drew Davis and Michael Johnson. I like their physicality.

If Tebow gets his team to a National Championship game, he'll have a chance to repeat next year. Tebow's "mystique" is important to our cause and the NFL might try to screw him.

If Alabama wins, all the credit will be given to super-obese Terrence Cody. Everytime I turn on ESPN there is "sumo worship" -- and it doesn't matter if they're on losing teams! Somehow, they're still getting the job done.

Louisville's AA defense sure didn't get the job done yesterday! I may have seen 1 White, but I don't know if he started. Diminishing returns all over college football and the NFL.

Sorry for rambling...

All in all, I wouldn't mind if an overachieving Alabama team is in the National Championship. And, if Tebow hands Alabama it's first loss, that's fine too. But I think the media isn't giving Alabama a fair shake in this game. Alabama could score 30+ points. We'll see.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Deadlift, to answer your question, no you won't be the only CFer watching that game. I have no interest in the outcome, but I do hope somehow Tim Tebow can win the Heisman again. I hope he has a great game today, and maybe he can get the ball to Riley Cooper, since Harvin isn't expected to play.

To be honest, none of the FBS games today excite me. I'm more interested in some of the FCS, DII, and DIII playoff games.

icsept

Master
I watched the game. Congrats to Riley Cooper, caught a long pass and the clinching touchdown. Looks like Saban is assembling a group of super affletes. If he can only find another Jamarcus Russell type qb, then the only Whites would be the kicker and long snapper.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
icsept said:
I watched the game. Congrats to Riley Cooper, caught a long pass and the clinching touchdown. Looks like Saban is assembling a group of super affletes. If he can only find another Jamarcus Russell type qb, then the only Whites would be the kicker and long snapper.

Alabama was thugging on Riley Cooper and then Cooper burned the affletes on that long catch!

Alabama could have scored more as Florida's defense didn't look superhuman. Florida's O-line didn't look that great either. Then again, Andre Smith's (Alabama's left tackle) draft-stock probably went down after yesterday's performance. I'm still trying to figure out how he became a finalist for the Outland Trophy. He has a huge mid-section, but small arms... I hope the Raiders' or Lions' or Jags' draft him
smiley36.gif
smiley4.gif

The game went by fast. The defining moments had to have been Tebow to Cooper on the bomb and then Tebow to Cooper for the TD to seal the deal. This was a pleasant surprise because I didn't think they were going to get Cooper involved.

fjsdlra

icsept said:
If he can only find another Jamarcus Russell type qb, then the only Whites would be the kicker and long snapper.

Alabama does have a black qb that is redshirted this year named Star Jackson.The drunk white fans are crazy about him.....Edited by: fjsdlra