Jim Ringo dies: Hall of Fame Center

Solomon Kane

Mentor
RIP to another great white football player from the Lombardi era.

Jim Ringo, 1931-2007
November 19, 2007

Pro Football Hall of Fame member Jim Ringo passed away early this morning after a short illness. He was two days shy of his 76th birthday.

"As Vince Lombardi once observed, Jim epitomized the toughness and determination needed to not only play the center position but to become one of the game's most dominant offensive linemen of his era," commented Steve Perry, the Hall's President/Executive Director.

"On behalf of all of us at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, I extend my heartfelt condolences to Jim's family," continued Perry.

Ringo starred in the National Football League for 15 seasons after the Green Bay Packers selected him out of Syracuse in the seventh round of the 1953 draft. He played for the Packers from 1953-1963 and the Philadelphia Eagles from 1964-67. He overcame numerous injuries to start in a then-record 182 consecutive games from 1954 to 1967. In all, Ringo earned All-NFL acclaim seven times, voted to 10 Pro Bowls, and was named to the NFL's All-Decade Team of the 1960s.He was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1981.

Calling hours will be held at Rupell Funeral Home in Phillipsburg, NJ. Final funeral arrangements are pending.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a thumbnail sized pic of Ringo's 1964 Philadelphia brand football card:

140102113437_1.jpg

I collected baseball and football cards as a kid but only have my football cards left.It's interestinghow much older white athletes in their 20s and 30s looked then as compared to now. Some of the men in their mid to late 30s looked downright grizzled in the photographs on the 1960scards. It's another example of thesoftening of white society, part ofthe overall agendaof reprogramming whitesto welcome their dispossession anddomination by non-whites. I don't care that "measurables" supposedly keep improving -- I'll take the players of the '50s and '60s to kick ass over today's mostly pathetic "professional" football players.Edited by: Don Wassall