Jim Leonhard

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Leonhard was on ESPN this morning. Turns out he won two dunk contests at Wisconsin as afreshman and sophomore!! Talk about athleticism he's only 5'8 and he said his favorite dunks were jumping off of both of his feet, cocking back and putting it down hard!!

Just saw this on the Jim Leonhard's blog http://blog.jimleonhardfootball.com/. It's a camp he does in conjunction with Eastbay. Danny Woodhead also coached at this camp as well. I think it's awesome that he's going back to his all white hometown and helping kids develop at ALL football positions! How much more hope does that give you when you grow up in the middle of nowhere and and NFL star comes back to help give you a chance too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_-IJRyJdFI&feature=player_embedded

Woody

Guru
According to Pro Football Focus Leonhard allowed 11 of 20 passes in his direction and didn't allow a single TD. Pretty great #'s, yet he will always be a run-stuffing, try-hard white guy who's on the field b/c of his "leadership."

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
So much for New York's two White starting safeties. Apparently Leonhard and Smith are to blame for the team's collapse last year. From Weenieworld:

ESPN New York reports the Jets signed S Yeremiah Bell to start. Beat writer Rich Cimini expects the Jets to enter Week 1 with a starting safety tandem of Bell and LaRon Landry. We expect Landry to man free safety with Bell slotting in at strong. That presumes Landry (Achilles) will make it onto the field, of course. Eric Smith will be first in line if/when Bell or Landry falter.

dwid

Hall of Famer
So much for New York's two White starting safeties. Apparently Leonhard and Smith are to blame for the team's collapse last year. From Weenieworld:ESPN New York reports the Jets signed S Yeremiah Bell to start. Beat writer Rich Cimini expects the Jets to enter Week 1 with a starting safety tandem of Bell and LaRon Landry. We expect Landry to man free safety with Bell slotting in at strong. That presumes Landry (Achilles) will make it onto the field, of course. Eric Smith will be first in line if/when Bell or Landry falter.
both of them? man that sucks. Jim Leonhard should be first in line instead of Smith. Leonhard has more athletic ability than Smith, but I guess Rex likes Smith because he is more of a big hitter. I guess it was that Tebow td that demoted both of them, when the announcers couldn't figure out which White safety "missed" get Tebow. Smith was sent on a blitz and by the time he saw Tebow started running he didn't get to him fast enough, I don't think many players would have in the same scenario. Even if you did get your hands on him he would have broken it, you would have to bein much better position. However, Smith isn't that far off in terms of athleticism.

Last edited: