Jason Litzau

Westside

Hall of Famer
Jason is 6 minutes away for a major upset and big money

Westside

Hall of Famer
Got Jason up one round, but he is going to need to close big!

Westside

Hall of Famer
He won by atlest 1 pt or likely 2 but we know how some agenda drive judges screw our fighter....waiting for decision. Great Job by Jason nevertheless.

Westside

Hall of Famer
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Now go Katsidis!

It's been a great day already for our guys with Helenius, Hatton, Froch and now Litzau winning big fights.

Westside

Hall of Famer
One of the most satisfying wins I have witnessed this year besides Martinez's epic KO last week. Congrats to Jason. His career continues.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Marquez and Katsidis up next, should be a war.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Jason Litzau wins by SD!
smiley32.gif

Scores:

96-94 Caballero

96-94 Litzau
97-93 Litzau

I scored it 96-95 for Litzau, same as Larry Merchant. I had the 9th a 10-10 even round.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Very happy for him. He was able to finally capitalize on the big stage. One thing I would work on is his jab. STill loading up too frequently. Great night thus far.

Westside

Hall of Famer
On to Michael thread.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Westside said:
One of the most satisfying wins I have witnessed this year besides Martinez's epic KO last week. Congrats to Jason. His career continues.
I agree. Best win for an American White fighter since Pavlik beat Taylor.

You should have seen the countless threads on many boxing forums before the fight calling Litzau "White Trash" and other distasteful remarks. Total double standard when it comes to who you can insult on a forum
smiley7.gif

My only complaint is that Jason didn't throw his left hook enough, especially on the inside. He had Caballero stunned a few times. A title shot looms for the "American Boy".

Plenty of self loathing White losers eating crow right about now
smiley1.gif

j41181

Master
Very nice to see Jason Litzau win! I got to see a replay of the fight, it's been awhile since I've seen Litzau in action, and he's got game. He doesn't seem to have a left jab instead, relies on his athleticism to make sneaky right and left hooks. He's not really good on the outside, instead prefers to slug it out up close, hit 'n run style. He really needs to improve his defense, head & body movements. Thankfully he's got a solid chin. He really needs to develop a left jab, and improve his left hooks, because he's already got a deadly right-hook. He needs to show more punching variety and not telegraphing his punches too much.

Caballero showed his age by fading a bit in the 2nd half of their bout. Still, AWESOME WIN for the American Boy!
smiley20.gif
smiley32.gif

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
"You should have seen the countless threads on many boxing forums before the fight calling Litzau "White Trash" and other distasteful remarks. Total double standard when it comes to who you can insult on a forum."

You are correct Blue Devil. I got bounced from Eastsideboxing.com just for arguing against black racism. Yet they bounced me and not the black racists and DWFs who started the race baiting.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:
I got bounced from Eastsideboxing.com just for arguing against black racism. Yet they bounced me and not the black racists and DWFs who started the race baiting.

The owner of eastsideboxing, David Rosenberg, seems to really hate white boxers.

He writes articles on his other site boxingnews24 under the pen name "David Lahr" and regularly bashes the Klitschkos. He predicted Peter would beat Wlad, Briggs would beat Vitali, and is now predicting Chisora will KO Wlad.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Nice to see Litzau beat the house fighter. Even his own corner wasn't sure that he was going to get the decision. Hopefully Golden Boy Promotions gets him a title shot off this "upset".

Blue Devils

Mentor
Litzau Eyes Takashi Uchiyama, Takahiro Aoh

Super featherweight Jason Litzau (28-2, 21KOs) is exploring every road possible. After winning an upset decision over Celestino Caballero in November, the 27-year-old Litzau's "ring worth" has skyrocketed.

Among the fighters trying to get him in the ring, is WBA/IBF featherweight champion Yuriorkis Gamboa (19-0, 15 KOs) and, southpaw featherweight contender Daniel Ponce De Leon (41-2, 34 knockouts).

Litzau's promoter, John Wirt, of Square Ring Promotions, says Gamboa-Litzau has been considered for a March 26 clash on HBO. Wirt said that Ponce De Leon would be for April 9, which is going to be the Juan Manuel Marquez card in Las Vegas.

Those are not the only names on the table. Litzau is also taking a look at possibily facing one of the super featherweight champions from Japan, Takashi Uchiyama (16-0, 13 KOs), and, Takahiro Aoh (20-2-1, nine KOs), respectively, of the WBA and WBC.

"We're considering Gamboa for an over-the-weight fight, but we're also considering Ponce De Leon as well," Wirt said of Litzau, who has not lost since being stopped by Robert Guerrero (28-1-1, 18 KOs) in an IBF featherweight title bout in February 2008.

"Lou DiBella is our partner in Litzau. There are also fights against the Japanese champions that we are also considering. So there are a bunch of different things and options that are on the table for Jason. We're talking to everybody."

Of the names mentioned, I like De Leon or Aoh next for Jason.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Litzau vs Broner bout is likely for June

NABF super featherweight champion, Jason Litzau, of St. Paul, Minn., will face Adrien Broner, of Cincinnatti, likely in June at a site to be determined, BoxingScene.com was informed by Litzau's manager, John Wirt, and Broner's promoter, Golden Boy Promotions CEO, Richard Schaefer, on Thursday.

"Yes, we will do the fight," said Schaefer. "We're still working on the particulars. But yes, the fight will happen."

The 27-year-old Litzau (28-2, 12 KOs) has won five straight bouts, two of them by knockouts, and is coming off the two biggest victories of his career.

In April, Litzau decisioned Rocky Jaurez (28-8-1, 20 KOs). In November, Litzau earned a split-decision over former super bantamweight titlist Celestino Caballero (34-2, 23 KOs).

The 21-year-old Broner (20-0, 16 KOs) is coming off of a March, unanimous decision over southpaw Mexican former WBO super bantamweight titlist Daniel Ponce De Leon (41-3, 34 KOs) of Mexico accomplished before a hostile crowd.

Broner had scored 10 consecutive knockouts heading into the fight with Ponce De Leon, whose knockout streak was ended at two, and his winning streak ended at seven.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Quick stoppage but Litzau really lost an opportunity here. A win would have put him into a championship fight.

Spartan

Howembarrassing, thank God for the Eastern Europeans, Brits and white Latinos. They make us proud in boxing, i think we all should agree on this one.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
American boxing in general is in a sorry state. This is especially so for white American boxers.

Liverlips said:
American boxing in general is in a sorry state. This is especially so for white American boxers.
Right, I never really watch white Amercian fighters or for that matter white western Europeans. They've just let white fans down for too long..
Edited by: lost

werewolf

Hall of Famer
There are virtually no boxing training programs for white kids in the USA.