Jason Litzau: Hypejob

BoxingFanUK

I am a big supporter of European boxers, and its great to see the success many Euro boxers (Klitschko's, Chakhkiev, Huck, Lebedev, Bute, Froch, Abraham, Martinez, Golovkin, Pirog) are having over Black Americans.

However, I seem to notice that Jason Litzau is being interpreted as a good white boxer. This is incorrect. There are much better white boxers than Litzau, and Litzau should not be used as a poster boy for this issue.

I support white boxers 100%.

I hate to break it to us all but Jason Litzau is in many ways lacking as a fighter. HBO is pushing for Litzau to fight Yuri Gamboa next. **Without a doubt** I can guarantee you Litzau loses that fight, most likely by a KO as well.

It is a mistake to invest a lot of interest in Jason Litzau, because he is not that talented and doesn't do much to advance this cause.

I like Litzau, and it will be nice to see him make some money. But he will lose his next fight that is for sure. HBO is pushing for him VS Gamboa and sorry to say but I'd bet my house Litzau gets KO'd in that fight.

Its only a matter of time before Litzau loses, that is inevitable. He's just not that good and he's lucky to have won his last fight.

Litzau does not advance the cause of white boxers, and its better to celebrate different white boxers as I have ntoed above. Litzau will be demolished by Gamboa. Sorry to say that but its true.

Edited by: BoxingFanUK

BoxingFanUK

I think it would be much better in Jason's interest to take an easier fight than Gamboa, and make some money on the strength of his last win. Litzau is being rushed into a fight with Gamboa, and Jason will lose no only the fight but his ability to "cash out".

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Litzau's victory over Caballero was perhaps the biggest upset of 2010. Jason handled him from start to finish as well and Caballero was a legit top 10 p4p guy.

Litzau has loads of talent but fights kind of like a black American in that he showboats and poses. If he could stop these black tendencies he would be much more solid.

I expect Gamboa to defeat Litzau but we will all be cheering for one of own as every other race does. That being said, if Jason does defeat Gamboa (who is overrated and has serious chin issues)he will have to be considered one of the top 10 p4p boxers in the world himself.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Jason in fact does have a chance to defeat Gamboa, by a decision, if he boxes intelligently and uses his height and arm length. It will not be easy but if he boxes the perfect fight he has a chance.

BoxingFanUk, I think your being a 'Debbie Downer" and putting out too much negativity about Jason as a fighter and his ability. I wouldn't want you in my corner as a fighter.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The threadstarter is actually correct.

Ross Greenburg of HBO wants to show fights where the white guy loses. Gamboa is too fast for Litzau, so the public will see the black guy beat the white guy.

Sometimes it backfires: Greenburg thought Arreola would be too big and too strong for Adamek, but Adamek won. And of course Litzau was supposed to lose to Caballero.

Parody said:
The threadstarter is actually correct.

Ross Greenburg of HBO wants to show fights where the white guy loses. Gamboa is too fast for Litzau, so the public will see the black guy beat the white guy.

Sometimes it backfires: Greenburg thought Arreola would be too big and too strong for Adamek, but Adamek won. And of course Litzau was supposed to lose to Caballero.
Right!! that's been the "MO" of jewish controled boxing in the US. for years, they take a good young white fighter and feed him easy opposition for a year of two and then throw him in over his head in a high profile fight. a good example was Tommy Morrison...

Westside

Hall of Famer
lost, you got it wrong regarding Jason being feed easy opposition for a year or two. Jason has be a professional for over 6 years. He as a substantial record and has been competitive against world ranked fighters. Sure, in the beginning of his career he fought weak competition, not now.

Frankly, I think Jason would be insulted by your assertion. Also, Parody, you may be correct of Greenburg's inner motivation, but how many ranked fighters get the opportunity to fight on HBO's WCB telecasts? Not many.

Instead of thinking that the Jewish Cabal has ill intentions of putting Jason against a supa affelet with no chance of winning because he has "feed easy opposition for years" we should get behind him and believe in his opportunity. Just like when Tomasz upset Aereolla.

Boxing is about overcoming odds, seizing the moment and making money. All three are presented, Jason justs has to fight the perfect fight, which he is capable of.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Westside, you're too "politically correct" by times. You need to think "outside the box".

Now, Ross Greenburg is finally allowing Sergiy Dzinziruk to fight on HBO.

If Sergiy was in with Yuri Foreman, he would win; he would box the ears off Alfredo Angulo; he'd easily defeat Cornelius Bundrage; he'd even have a good chance against Miguel Cotto.

But if some people wanted Sergiy to lose, who would they put him in with?

Well first, they'd have him go UP a weight division - that'll slow him down a bit. And put him in with the slickest southpaw and possibly the most talented fighter at middleweight, Sergio Martinez.

Westside

Hall of Famer
"politically correct" how so? Parody, I conceded your belief of Greenburg's sinister contempt/motivation towards Jason in getting him the ring with a good but not great fighter in Gamboa.

As your recent post suggest Greenburg is now showcasing another good White fighter in Dzinziruk. So, I doubt that Greenburg wants ALL White fighters to lose to an affelets or hispanics.

To be honest, I am at wits end of what your post directed at me was trying to convey.

Additionally, anyone who has stepped into the ring, and I know you have, knows that timing neutralizes an opponents speed advantage as well as the will to win. Ask Ray Leonard after he was beaten by Roberto Duran in their first fight. When both were at the peak of their respective powers.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hey BoxingfanUK, news alert! Jason won't be fighting Gamboa. He will be fighting Ponce De leon, possible 4/8/2011. You can bet your house or apartment whenever he fights your boy Gamboa. Sorry to disappoint.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
As your recent post suggest Greenburg is now showcasing another good White fighter in Dzinziruk. So, I doubt that Greenburg wants ALL White fighters to lose to an affelets or hispanics.

Westside, he's NOT "showcasing" Dzinziruk.

He wants Sergiy in with the ONE fighter at 154-160 he cannot beat: Sergio Martinez. He just wants Dzinziruk to lose.

If he wanted to "showcase" Dzinziruk, he'd want him to fight someone like Cornelius Bundrage in a unification - but Greenburg wouldn't want to show a good white fighter beating a black fighter.

I thing everybody else who regularly posts here can understand that.

There's a reason why mediocre black fighters like Berto are shown regularly on HBO, while Adamek, Pirog, Bute and the Klitschkos can't get back on now. It's because they KO their black opponents.

Greenburg wants people to believe black men are better fighters.

He believed Williams would beat Martinez. Download the HD version of the Williams-Martinez fight from boxingscene, and look at the expression on Greenburg's face after Martinez KOs Williams! He's sitting between Goossen and DiBella. Greenburg appeared to be in severe pain after Williams was KOed!

Westside, surely you've been on castefootball long enough to understand WHY we have the anti-white caste system in sports. Edited by: Parody

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Parody said:
Westside said:

Westside, he's NOT "showcasing" Dzinziruk.

He wants Sergiy in with the ONE fighter at 154-160 he cannot beat: Sergio Martinez. He just wants Dzinziruk to lose.

If he wanted to "showcase" Dzinziruk, he'd want him to fight someone like Cornelius Bundrage in a unification - but Greenburg wouldn't want to show a good white fighter beating a black fighter.

I thing everybody else who regularly posts here can understand that.

There's a reason why mediocre black fighters like Berto are shown regularly on HBO, while Adamek, Pirog, Bute and the Klitschkos can't get back on now. It's because they KO their black opponents.

Greenburg wants people to believe black men are better fighters.

He believed Williams would beat Martinez. Download the HD version of the Williams-Martinez fight from boxingscene, and look at the expression on Greenburg's face after Martinez KOs Williams! He's sitting between Goossen and DiBella. Greenburg appeared to be in severe pain after Williams was KOed!

Westside, surely you've been on castefootball long enough to understand WHY we have the anti-white caste system in sports.

I agree, Parody. In my opinion, the most screwed over fighter right now is Tomasz Adamek. He has the heart of a lion and is willing to fight anyone. His fights are always exciting yet why isn't he on HBO? Anyone that can't understand what is going on is totally blind.

Parody said:
Westside, you're too "politically correct" by times. You need to think "outside the box".

Now, Ross Greenburg is finally allowing Sergiy Dzinziruk to fight on HBO.

If Sergiy was in with Yuri Foreman, he would win; he would box the ears off Alfredo Angulo; he'd easily defeat Cornelius Bundrage; he'd even have a good chance against Miguel Cotto.

But if some people wanted Sergiy to lose, who would they put him in with?

Well first, they'd have him go UP a weight division - that'll slow him down a bit. And put him in with the slickest southpaw and possibly the most talented fighter at middleweight, Sergio Martinez.
I agree, but its easy to become "PC" with all the jewish propaganda around...

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
lost said:
Parody said:
Westside, you're too "politically correct" by times. You need to think "outside the box". Now, Ross Greenburg is finally allowing Sergiy Dzinziruk to fight on HBO. If Sergiy was in with Yuri Foreman, he would win; he would box the ears off Alfredo Angulo; he'd easily defeat Cornelius Bundrage; he'd even have a good chance against Miguel Cotto. But if some people wanted Sergiy to lose, who would they put him in with? Well first, they'd have him go UP a weight division - that'll slow him down a bit. And put him in with the slickest southpaw and possibly the most talented fighter at middleweight, Sergio Martinez.
I agree,  but its easy to become "PC" with all the jewish propaganda around...

Very true.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Parody, I am confused a little. All I was doing was defending Litzau. when in my opinion that newbie poster disparged him as no chance White fighter. I ceded your point on Greenburg.

There have been several instances where Greenburgs plans with White fighters fell on his face. Tomasz, Pirog, Litzau and recently Martinez. Maybe a reason why Sergiy is fighting the dynamic Martinez is all of the other ranked fighters don't want to risk their 0s or lose.

The assertion that I am too PC when my intent was to defend Jason doesn't hold water.

j41181

Master
Barring politics aside, Litzau has what it takes to climb the ladder. All he needs is discipline, he needs to improve his left-jab and defense. He needs to develop better hit 'n run tactics. A better trainer can help in that, not Buddy McGirt.

BoxingFanUK

I like Litzau, and I think its great that he has won his last fight in upsetting Caballero.

Litzau has always been fast, and a good puncher. Throughout his career he has been knocked out twice, by Hernandez and Guerrero. Both of those losses can be faulted on Litzau's defense, and overall ring intelligence. Litzau has a tendency to become reckless in the ring and forget about defense. Offensively, Litzau has great tools. But boxing is about more than offense.

Litzau has defensive shortcomings. It was great that he was able to beat Caballero.

I am not sure that he would beat Gamboa though. In fact, I think much more likely is that Gamboa catches Litzau in mid to late rounds and KO's him.

Litzau/Ponce de Leon is a much better fight for Jason. Its certainly winnable and based on recent form I might slightly favour Litzau over Ponce de Leon. Hopefully Jason can earn a good purse in this fight!

smiley32.gif

BoxingFanUK

However, I think there are much better, more talented white boxers than Jason Litzau.

- Klitschko's
- Boytsov
- Huck
- Adamek
- Cleverly
- Bute
- Froch
- Abraham
- Martinez
- Pirog
- Golovkin

are *all* in my opinion better fighters with better futures than Litzau.

I like Litzau, and it was great to see him overcome big odds and beat Caballero. But quite frankly, I do not think Litzau is in the class as the above mentioned boxers. In my opinion they are much better white boxers.

Thus it makes sense, from the perspective of this site and this cause, to focus on the above mentioned boxers more than Litzau.

But who knows, maybe Litzau will keep winning and prove me wrong. That would be nice, but I doubt his wins will hold up much longer.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
BoxingFanUK said:
However, I think there are much better, more talented white boxers than Jason Litzau.- Klitschko's- Boytsov- Huck- Adamek- Cleverly- Bute- Froch- Abraham- Martinez- Pirog- Golovkinare *all* in my opinion better fighters with better futures than Litzau.I like Litzau, and it was great to see him overcome big odds and beat Caballero.  But quite frankly, I do not think Litzau is in the class as the above mentioned boxers.  In my opinion they are much better white boxers.  Thus it makes sense, from the perspective of this site and this cause, to focus on the above mentioned boxers more than Litzau.But who knows, maybe Litzau will keep winning and prove me wrong.  That would be nice, but I doubt his wins will hold up much longer.

What's your agenda? Litzau sleep with your girlfriend or something? Trying to drive the betting odds one way? Your only posts on this site are criticizm of a young and promising white boxer. Sure he may not be the greatest thing in boxing but he has some promise, seems like a nice kid. There are white athletes that I'm not crazy about their ability but I see no reason to knock them down. And if I did it wouldn't be the only issue I had any interest in.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Yeh, Jaxvid, glad I am not only member who feels the same with BoxingFanUK continuous criticism toward a talented White fighter, especially one in the lower weight class.

Just me, but I think BoxingFanUK is stealth troll, or maybe your right, Jason banged his girlfriend years ago.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
BoxingFanUK said:
However, I think there are much better, more talented white boxers than Jason Litzau.- Klitschko's- Boytsov- Huck- Adamek- Cleverly- Bute- Froch- Abraham- Martinez- Pirog- Golovkinare *all* in my opinion better fighters with better futures than Litzau.I like Litzau, and it was great to see him overcome big odds and beat Caballero. But quite frankly, I do not think Litzau is in the class as the above mentioned boxers. In my opinion they are much better white boxers. Thus it makes sense, from the perspective of this site and this cause, to focus on the above mentioned boxers more than Litzau.But who knows, maybe Litzau will keep winning and prove me wrong. That would be nice, but I doubt his wins will hold up much longer.

What's your agenda? Litzau sleep with your girlfriend or something? Trying to drive the betting odds one way? Your only posts on this site are criticizm of a young and promising white boxer. Sure he may not be the greatest thing in boxing but he has some promise, seems like a nice kid. There are white athletes that I'm not crazy about their ability but I see no reason to knock them down. And if I did it wouldn't be the only issue I had any interest in.

smiley36.gif

BoxingFanUK

jaxvid said:
What's your agenda?

My agenda is to support white boxers and I do that!

However, I notice on the front page of this site there is a picture of Jason Litzau. And suddenly, after his win over Caballero, it seems he is the poster boy for this "cause".

100% wrong. I like Litzau, I am happy he won. But, he should not be the poster boy for this cause. It would be much better to have a picture of Boytsov, Klitschko's, or any of the other white boxers I listed.

Jason Litzau has 2 bad losses already, and trust me, there's more bad losses coming.

To use him as a poster boy for white boxers seems illogical, especially since there are many more white boxers more deserving of attention.

You're not getting my point. There are a good 15 or 20 white boxers better than Litzau. So why dont we focus more on them instead of Litzau? Doesn't that make sense to you. Thats my point here.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
BoxingFanUK said:
jaxvid said:
What's your agenda?

My agenda is to support white boxers and I do that!

However, I notice on the front page of this site there is a picture of Jason Litzau. And suddenly, after his win over Caballero, it seems he is the poster boy for this "cause".

100% wrong. I like Litzau, I am happy he won. But, he should not be the poster boy for this cause. It would be much better to have a picture of Boytsov, Klitschko's, or any of the other white boxers I listed.

Jason Litzau has 2 bad losses already, and trust me, there's more bad losses coming.

To use him as a poster boy for white boxers seems illogical, especially since there are many more white boxers more deserving of attention.

You're not getting my point. There are a good 15 or 20 white boxers better than Litzau. So why dont we focus more on them instead of Litzau? Doesn't that make sense to you. Thats my point here.

Click the link to Joe Kowalski's past columns (as well as the Boxing section)and you will see plenty of pictures of the Klitschkos and other prominent White fighters. Litzau is not CF's "poster boy" for White fighters; his picture just happens to be shown with the most recent article on the homepage, which is the first time his picture's ever appeared on the site.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
"You're not getting my point. There are a good 15 or 20 white boxers better than Litzau. So why dont we focus more on them instead of Litzau? Doesn't that make sense to you. Thats my point here."

Don is right. Litzau was just coming off his big win over Caballero so why not focus on him for a bit? Kowalski only has him rated #10 so not like he is the poster boy for white fighters.

Besides, you are too down on Litzau. He has talent. One of his losses was three years ago to a guy (Guerrero) who is pretty close to being an elite fighter and was just better than Jason at the time. The other loss was a fluke where he got caught in a 2006 fight he was dominating.

His defense has tightened up quite a bit since then as evidenced by his wins over Juarez and Caballero.

Lighten up and enjoy the ride as Litzau has many wins ahead of him and would not be an easy out against even Gamboa or Lopez.

BoxingFanUK

Bumping my thread, My comments in this thread have been **proven** correct tonight.

I was 100% Spot On with my observations into Litzau. This is why I was reluctant to focus so much attention on him. He always seemed vulnerable, and people forget that he suffered 2 bad KO losses even before this fight.

Tonight's result was embarrassing. Not to knock Litzau, he gave his best.

I really feel that Litzau's handlers should have tried to cash him out. That would have been the best thing for Jason after his Caballero win.

He shouldve fight a guy like Nonito Donaire and atleast have a big payday before the bubble burst.

Edited by: BoxingFanUK