Jake Sharp

What an F'n joke. He is a good person? I'm sorry, but even so-so people don't force 14 year old girls to give a group head. Mangino has no credibility with me anymore, I hope he chokes on a hambone.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if Mangino would still consider him a "good person" if his own daughter had been the victim. But then again the Reginald Denny mindset is so deeply engrained now in most whites that perhaps he would.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Wow, no matter how exemplary a white athlete performs at a caste position he just can't win. Jake Sharp was excellent last year and has even been touted by some draft sites as a top 15 sophomore RB. Yet he will lose carries to this violent sexual predator punk who couldn't cut it academically either at Texas Tech. Sometimes America makes me want to throw up.
smiley11.gif

White Power

Mentor
I predict that this jack a**will be kicked out of Kansas before he plays a down too many WHITE girls to tempt him into staying lol straight. It may be a bad situation for Jake however things like this have a way of sorting themseleves out. In other words you can take the *** out of the hood but you can't take *** out of the boy. Will just have to wait and see, but I beleive my prediction will come to fruition.

backrow

Hall of Famer
they should cut his dick off. how the f**k is this animal even allowed to be in school, let alone to play football??
smiley11.gif

I've seen (and hated) Kansas and Kansas St. football for over a decade and the one thing they have always done is go to the ju-co ranks to get players. Alot of them bring heavy baggage. The one thing that you can bet is that both of those schools will do ANYTHING to protect their troubled stars. Kansas was getting players of lower moral fiber for years and this doesn't suprise me. Sharp is stuck in situation with a back who is a Junior just like him. I wonder how Jake feels right now
smiley11.gif

Gi-15

Mentor
Jake won't have a shot at being the feature back, here's comments from the The Greene Room, the bloger at KUsports.com :

"Is this his year?: Angus Quigley remains one of the great mysteries on this roster. Now a junior, having seemingly now gotten back to full strength after rehabbing a leg injury which kept him out for all of 2006, Quigley is flat-out imposing at 6-2, 222 pounds. With Jocques Crawford not set to be on campus until the summer, Quigley has a shot to get an early leg-up in the race for carries here in the spring. We've all seen what Jake Sharp brings to the table, but whether he's a No. 1 back is yet to be determined. Physically, Quigley fits the mold of what McAnderson provided a year ago. Plus, don't forget Carmon Boyd-Anderson. There had to be a reason he played some early last year as a true freshman. It'll be interesting to see what steps he's taken."

It makes me feel like Sharp is an afterthought, I don't like it.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
If Sharp doesn't have at least as big a role as last year, then something is very wrong with Mark Man"eater"gino. Jake Sharp should be the starter for sure, but if he isn't even the complimentary scat back then Mangino will win our "caste whore" of the year award. I mean Sharp had good stats last year as the 2nd stringer and showed he's a great receiving RB and can make some yards when there isn't much there. Here's Jake's stats. Tell me this doesn't qualify as earning respect as a member of a BCS Bowl winning team?

RUSH: 147-821-5.6- 7TDREC: 21-163-7.8- 2TD.

Sharp is also faster than both Angus Quigley and Jocques "the felon" Crawford. Crawford's 40 time out of H.S was 4.62 at the Army Combine. This just defeats the myth that all the top black recruits are automatically "super fast supermen". I don't think Crawford is all that special of a player. Crawford's stats at the JC level are good, but it is much easier competition
smiley11.gif

Here are Crawford's "amazing" JuCo stats:

Crawford rushed for 1,935 yards as a sophomore and scored nineteen touchdowns in nine games the past season. He averaged 6.8 yards per carry and just over 190 yards per game. He accounted for over half his teams offense each game.

Now look at "3 star" RB Jake Sharp's H.S stats compared to Quigley's:

Jake Sharp:
Ht: 5-foot-10 (Event)
Wt: 173 lbs
Forty: 4.5 secs
Bench max: 325 pounds
Bench reps: 21
Squat max: 420 pounds
Vertical: 34 inches
Shuttle: 4.25 secs

2004 (Jr.) 322-2,330-7.2- 33TD
2005 (Sr.) 319-3,304-10.4- 57TD

Angus Quigley:
Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 200 lbs
Forty: 4.5 secs
Bench max: 270 pounds
Squat max: 440 pounds

2003 (Jr.) 105-667-6.3-7TD

Quigley is now 222 lbs. There is no way IMO that he moves as well as Sharp at that weight and he certainly doesn't appear as talented anyway.

whiteCB

Master
This is not good. I was hoping Sharp would start this year but these a$$hole D1 teams tremble at the thought of a white guy starting at RB for them.

Gi-15

Mentor
this is actually coming from rivals.com!

Kansas
OVERVIEW: The Jayhawks entered the spring still riding the momentum of their best season ever but with several holes to fill. Linebacker Mike Rivera is primed to be considered among the Big 12's best. The defense also seemed to get a boost from freshman tackle Richard Johnson, who was running with the first team in the spring game. Running back Jake Sharp showed he was the best runner on campus and that a battle for the staring job with highly regarded junior college transfer Jocques Crawford is looming this summer.
LINGERING QUESTION: Will quarterback Todd Reesing get sufficient protection to have another stellar season? And will a big-play threat emerge? Offensive tackles Anthony Collins and Cesar Rodriguez, who had a combined 65 starts, are gone. So is NFL first-rounder Aqib Talib, who was a vocal leader who made big plays on offense and defense. Whether anyone will surface to replace his production and leadership remains a question.
FIRST GAME: Aug. 30, vs. Florida International

that was unexpected from rivals.com...

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
As long as Jake gets 2/3s of the carries, I'm fine with it. A lot of teams are doing HB by committee now even in college. But Jake is clearly the Jayhawk's best RB by a significant margin. If Jake goes for 1200+ yards on 6+ YPC and declares and tests out well at the combine (I predict he runs in the low to mid 4.4s), he will be picked no later than the end of the 3rd round. You can quote me on that. Jake also has the advantage of being a supreme receiving RB. If he wants a shot in the NFL, he is going to have to fulfill all the criteria mentioned. I truly think Jake could end up being a better player than Brian Leonard is currently!

Gi-15

Mentor
I hope that Jake really is that 5'11 too. He is next in line to be a high draft pick following Hester and Leonard.

Btw I looked at the preview of the big12 on cbs sportsline, and they have our good friend Jocques Crawford as a preseason All-Big12 RB. Without taking a snap, while not being his team best RB since he is there. Great job cbs sportsline.

patriot

Guru
Sharpe is the better back no question. No only is he faster and quicker but he has been in the system longer. Crawford looks more suited to be a fullback. He has the same build as McAnderson the problem is he to small.

KG2422

Mentor
Gi-15 said:
I hope that Jake really is that 5'11 too. He is next in line to be a high draft pick following Hester and Leonard.

Well, I hope he is 5'9" so they can't make him a fullback. Those few inches don't make you a better running back. It helps at corner or wide receiver - no big deal at running back. I actually think it is better to be under 6 ft., although there have been some good ones over that.

Gi-15

Mentor
KG2422 said:
Gi-15 said:

Well, I hope he is 5'9" so they can't make him a fullback. Those few inches don't make you a better running back. It helps at corner or wide receiver - no big deal at running back. I actually think it is better to be under 6 ft., although there have been some good ones over that.

Jake looks barely 195 lbs right now. No way they make him a fullback, but obviously being 5'9 is really on the edge of being undersized as an NFL RB. That won't make him a better runner for sure, but height do matters for scouts.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Sharp is draft eligible this year and is getting screwed by Fat ass Mark Mangino so far. Frekin 7 carries last game after only 9 the first game. That isn't enough carries to get a rythem for many RBs, but Mark Man"eater"gino has already decided that Quigley is the better option. I am really sick of football with these spineless coaches. Sharp has earned the right to see 15-20 carries in the first few games unless he does atrociously. Lots of Quigley's yards came in the blowout last week when Sharp could have been getting reps. How has Mangino already come to supposedly see that Quigley is better? I though Sharp had won the job in camp...Lets just keep our fingers crossed the situation changes.
smiley18.gif

Gi-15

Mentor
I don't know TJR, looks like Mangino is splitting carries evenly between Sharp and Crawford, and that Quigley only enter the game when its a blowout, like it was the last 2 weeks. He gets garbage stats. Can't thrown him rocks for the moment, but it does not look good indeed.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Sharp is draft eligible this year and is getting screwed by Fat ass Mark Mangino so far. Frekin 7 carries last game after only 9 the first game. That isn't enough carries to get a rythem for many RBs, but Mark Man"eater"gino has already decided that Quigley is the better option. I am really sick of football with these spineless coaches. Sharp has earned the right to see 15-20 carries in the first few games unless he does atrociously. Lots of Quigley's yards came in the blowout last week when Sharp could have been getting reps. How has Mangino already come to supposedly see that Quigley is better? I though Sharp had won the job in camp...Lets just keep our fingers crossed the situation changes.
smiley18.gif

I agree Tough J sounds like we need a wave of more fairer coaches to hit the ranks. The problem is, i have no idea how to do so. It is so far ingrained in our society that blacks are flashier, blacks can do more when they run, eh i just do not know. I do not want a pro white nfl or ncaa. Just one that is equal to all. i know TBG thinks we see racism towards whites in everything, and i agree that sometimes guys may overreact, but i would say 80% of the time they are right!
smiley7.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I agree Celtic. I don't want to get off track, but I want black guy to know, that I am one of the posters on this site that is Pro-white athlete and pro-underdog, but not anti-black. I have no hate in my heart for blacks, but the NFL really disturbs me b/c it is systematic racism painting a slanted view of the races by the representation of the league.

I already told people my view on how the caste system actually causes racism against blacks too in the way they are looked at in society (ie. Athletic freaks who can only cut it as athletes, not college students).

As far as things other than sports I just want a fair society where the races make peace with each other. We should be proud of our heritage, but treat other races with respect. We are never going back to segregation, so we have to deal with the racial tension in a pro-active way. Races are all "a little" different genetically, but share most in common when people are brought up the same way.

pt.guard2

Guru
ToughJ.Riggins said:
I agree Celtic. I don't want to get off track, but I want black guy to know, that I am one of the posters on this site that is Pro-white athlete and pro-underdog, but not anti-black. I have no hate in my heart for blacks, but the NFL really disturbs me b/c it is systematic racism painting a slanted view of the races by the representation of the league.

I already told people my view on how the caste system actually causes racism against blacks too in the way they are looked at in society (ie. Athletic freaks who can only cut it as athletes, not college students).

As far as things other than sports I just want a fair society where the races make peace with each other. We should be proud of our heritage, but treat other races with respect. We are never going back to segregation, so we have to deal with the racial tension in a pro-active way. Races are all "a little" different genetically, but share most in common when people are brought up the same way.

Good post ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I am basically trying to educate Thatblackguy on the caste system that is why I am greeting him with an open mind even though he is trolling on the site. If he is a smart guy he will start to question himself on the issue. Then maybe he will stand up to any of his black friends or people of any race who have been brainwashed by the culture by saying, "actually, I think whites are great athletes too...have you seen Sam McGuffie the white Reggie Bush?"

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Tough, its just my opinion, but if you know that Thatblackguy is a troll, why waste your time? I mean, considering the definition of a troll and the fact that he believes the big lie of black athletic supremacy, does it really matter if you present yourself as a moderate. The facts speak for themselves. That is what will convince him in the end, if he's willing to take the blinders off and think for himself.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
in my opinion, trying to gain trust or acceptance from this black guy in particular (or any black by anjd large) is simply a waste of your time in the best of circumstances, and a dangerous attitude in the worst of circumstances. they only respect strength, and only are friendly toward you if you can do/give something that benefits them.

TJR, just take a look at what is going on in the US Prez elections. blacks nationwide have fallen in line with the black candidate for no other reason than that he is black. even black so-called republicans who had spent their entire professional lives "encouraging" republican positions now flock to Nobama. race trumps all for them, mate.

i'm not trying to be a butthole, but perhaps your growing up in an all-white part of Canada has given you the false perception that we are all the same except for being different colors on the outside. you need to understand that while there are rare exceptions, blacks and whites are different. that's not politically correct, but it is true.

as peoples, cultures, etc., we have fundamentally different approaches to living in this world. value structures are different. moral codes are different. notions of work ethic, individual responsibility, respect for others' property, proper behavior, the list goes on and on of basic things that the two groups have differing views on. go to any "black" area at night and see how you, a white man, are treated. now go to any white area. even poor ones that are on the "wrong side" of town. things will be crystal clear.

while there are obviously exceptions to the rule, exceptions by definition are rare. as individuals, it is possible for some people to get along with those of the opposite group (see Eminem and Clarence Thomas), however, usually acceptance by the other group usually means being ostracized by those you share common genetic backgrounds with (also see the two above).

i hope nothing bad happens to you now that you live in New Jersey. since you say you're in a white suburb, you'll likely be just fine. however, i hope you open your eyes to the reality that is the black race in America before something bad happens. like what happens to so many innocent, and altruistically naive, young whites: murdered/attacked/raped/robbed by blacks that were their "friends."

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Jake Sharp apparently only had 5 carries this game for 11 yards. He better catch a rythem or he might fall out of the rotation. I am upset about this, he needs some more carries to get a rythem and shine IMO and they keep taking him out early in games...But if Jake continues to post 2.2 YPC numbers for the first half of the season, he will rightfully be passed on the depth chart. I am very disappointed in his effort, bad blocking?

Edited to add: IMO in the first game I watched Jake was outrunning his blockers, he needs to be more patient. The guy has sub 10.5 100 meter speed. Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins