Jack Kemp RIP

Solomon Kane

Mentor
I thought I'd put this in Happy hour, since his political life has eclipsed his football career.

Any thoughts on Jack Kemp? My own opinion is that he was a good quarterback, one of the stars of the AFL.

Politically he had some good moments. He was an earlytax cutterand a pretty strong anti-communist.

Problem is, after 1988 he revealed himself to bevery pro-welfare state, pro-immigration, and pro-Israel. In other words, he became a complete neocon.

Anyway, rest in peace, Jack.

P.S. (For what it's worth as a sort of "brush with fame",his son Jeff was a teammate of mine in JV football).

Edited by: Solomon Kane

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Hated him, he represented everthing that is wrong about the Repubs and modern "conservatism".
smiley7.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
He was what they call in Canada a "Red Tory"(Liberal Conservative). Aside from his dead in the water VP bid in the Buffalo area he was well liked by the 50+ crowd as he led the Bills to 2 AFL titles.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Another Globalist shill....CFR member, supported (Marxist spawned) affirmative action, in favor of empowering illegal invaders. Typical RINO.

foreverfree

Mentor
Solomon Kane said:
I thought I'd put this in Happy hour, since his political life has eclipsed his football career.

Which surely can't be said of Steve Largent. Or J.C. Watts. Or Jim Bunning, the baseball pitcher turned Congressman turned senator (and whose HOF plaque makes note of his careers both on the hill and the Hill).

John