is david haye a mulatto?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
He is a mulatto, I'm not sure which of his parents was white. He actually has a slight resemblance to some of my white relatives in England - I can see the Englishman in him.

G

Of course he is a mulatto, or mixed. He is probably half anglo and half negro. This is not rocket science. And according to Don he doesn't pass the 'eye test' so he is catagorized as black.

I always find it interesting why most who are mixed identify with the blackness in them as opposed to the whiteness in them. Society on a whole will box in individuals like Haye as black, but know they have white blood flowing through thier viens.

Look at Barack Obama. His father black as coal african. His mother a white as rice Kanasas woman. Barack's father left them(whats new!)when he was a child. His mother remarries some asian. The asian raises him like a son. Yet, Barack identifies with his blackness. I find this astounding. He should identify with anything except his blackness if his father is any example.

There are a few people of mixed race that refused to be identified as soley black, Tiger Woods for example and that actress who starred in that movie 'flashdance' years ago. I would like to hear other members thought on this tread. Oh yeah haye will be beaten down once he steps up to the heavywieghts, but he is an explosive light heavy or cruiser. If I were him I would fight the light heavies instead.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Haye wants to fight Klitschko. I think Klitschko would destroy him and Haye is stepping into bad territory. I hope he gets knocked.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I remember reading about Haye in maybe Boxing Monthly and they talked about him being mixed race and the problems that he had as a youth because of it. He looks half English to me.

I see no English features in him to be quite honest. Not that it matters. However naw, I honestly do not see any hardcore caucasian features in him. He could pass for any number of African Americans I use to see in the states that had a great great grandfather who was white.

Also if I was to guess by the way he carries himself I would say his mother was white. I might take some heat for saying this. However I believe more times than not the boy will act, and identify more with his father.I knew many guys that were half white/half mexican while growing up on the states. The one thing I remember most was the huge difference between those that had a white father, and those that had a white mother.Edited by: aussieaussie31

Blue Devils

Mentor
aussieaussie31 said:
I might take some heat for saying this. However I believe more times than not the boy will act, and identify more with his father.I knew many guys that were half white/half mexican while growing up on the states. The one thing I remember most was the huge difference between those that had a white father, and those that had a white mother.
I agree with you 100% My father is white anglo american and mother is native american and I've always identified myself as white. Mainly because I look white (I'm so white I'd make Ricky Hatton look mullato
smiley36.gif
) Haye probably doesn't see himself as white because he isn't seen by others as white, hell I thought he was 100% black.
Edited by: shawn1262231