Ionut Dan Ion

Blue Devils

Mentor
Jo Jo Dan defends his NABA Light Welterweight title tomorrow against Walter Sergio Gomez 19-7-1(8)

Weigh in photo
20090604romanio001.jpg

Walter Sergio Gomez 138.5 vs Jo Jo Dan 139.3

Blue Devils

Mentor
From Fightnews

Junior welterweight contender Jo Jo Dan (25-0, 13 KOs) won an 12 round unanimous decision against tough journeyman Walter Sergio Gomez on Friday. With the win, Jo Jo Dan (#5 WBC, #7 WBA) defended his WBC Continental Americas and NABA titles in front of a packed house in his home town of Bucharest, Romania.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Ionut Dan Ion aka Jo Jo Dan will face British based Nigerian Ajose Olusegan 27-0(13) on October 9th in Romania. The bout will be a Eliminator for the WBC.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Blue Devils said:
Ionut Dan Ion aka Jo Jo Dan will face British based Nigerian Ajose Olusegan 27-0(13) on October 9th in Romania. The bout will be a Eliminator for the WBC.

Now only one day until this fight!
smiley20.gif

Blue Devils

Mentor
Jo Jo dan will face Brazilian Andres Marcos Nascimento 15-4(11) in Bucharest on Saturday.

On the undercard fellow Romanian Viorel Simion will face Victor Hugo Cardozo. Simion is a 2004 Olympian. Edited by: Blue Devils

Blue Devils

Mentor
Jo Jo Dan knocked Nascimento out in the tenth round. He improves to 26-0(14).

Simion dominated Cardozo winning by knockout in the sixth round. He improves to 12-0(5).

Blue Devils

Mentor
Photo from the weigh-in

aydin.jpg

Both guys weighed in at 147. The winner will be the mandatory for WBC champion Andre Berto.Edited by: Blue Devils

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
It's a difficult fight for Jo Jo Dan.

He's moving up from his normal weight division of 140 to 147, and he is unlikely to receive fair judging in Istanbul against one of the crooked Ahmet Ã-ner's top Turkish boxers. His only chance is a KO, but he doesn't have a lot of punching power and Aydin is tough.

The fight will be streamed HERE.

Dan is cut from a headbutt, but is boxing better than Aydin.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Jo Jo Dan won almost every round, and really schooled Aydin in the second half of the fight.

However, the fix was in by the most crooked promoter since Don King: Ahmet Oner.

Selcuk Abum "wins" a split decision. Worst robbery I've seen in awhile.

Last edited:

White Male

Jo Jo Dan clearly won that fight, it wasn't even close.

The supposed knockdown in the first round came from three rabbit punches, the third of which being on the break. So, even if it was a legal punch, which it was not, then it shouldn't have counted anyway. The  referee let Aydin hit Dan to the back of the head throughout the fight. Aydin was never seriously warned for it, or his hitting Dan to the back, headbutting or low blows. He didn't penalise Aydin either for continuing to fight once the round was over. He got in 4/5 punches once the round had ended. 

Dan performed very well considering he took the fight on short notice, was moving up in weight and fighting on hostile territory. He outclassed and outfought Aydin throughout. He is like a smaller version of Lucian Bute, without much power. Dan could be a big threat at 140 pounds.

I wasn't surprised to see Dan get robbed though, considering that Ahmet Oner was involved. That guy is a real scumbag. 

Boxingscene scored the fight 117-111 for Jo Jo Dan. 

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:1514471

Edited by: White Male

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
White Male said:
Jo Jo Dan clearly won that fight, it wasn't even close.

The supposed knockdown in the first round came from three rabbit punches, the third of which being on the break. So, even if it was a legal punch, which it was not, then it shouldn't have counted anyway. The referee let Aydin hit Dan to the back of the head throughout the fight. Aydin was never seriously warned for it, or his hitting Dan to the back, headbutting or low blows. He didn't penalise Aydin either for continuing to fight once the round was over. He got in 4/5 punches once the round had ended.

Dan performed very well considering he took the fight on short notice, was moving up in weight and fighting on hostile territory. He outclassed and outfought Aydin throughout. He is like a smaller version of Lucian Bute, without much power. Dan could be a big threat at 140 pounds.

I wasn't surprised to see Dan get robbed though, considering that Ahmet Oner was involved. That guy is a real scumbag.

Boxingscene scored the fight 117-111 for Jo Jo Dan.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:1514471
Yes.

And although he was robbed of a deserved win and a world title in Turkey, Jo Jo Dan clearly showed he is a world-class boxer. I'm hoping he'll have the opportunity to fight the best at 140.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Parody said:
Jo Jo Dan won almost every round, and really schooled Aydin in the second half of the fight.

However, the fix was in by the most crooked promoter since Don King: Ahmet Ã-ner.

Aydin Selbum "wins" a split decision. Worst robbery I've seen in awhile.
smiley21.gif

I've been frustrated with some of our fighters getting rob recently. Valuev should still be champ. Ionut Dan Ion was robbed. Sergio Martinez should have won that fight against Paul Williams. I'm puzzled as to how some of these judges can score these fights so terribly and walk around with a straight face.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Q&A with Jo Jo Dan

Dan faces former IBF Super Featherweight champion Steve Forbes on Friday Night Fights. Also French-Canadian Antonin Decarie 24-1(7) will face Shamone Alvarez 21-3(12) in the co-main event.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Decarie, Jo Jo Dan Triumph

WBA #8 welterweight Antonin Decarie (25-1, 7 KOs) scored a ten round unanimous decision over Shamone Alvarez (21-4, 12 KOs) on Friday night at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada. Decarie dropped Alvarez in rounds five and eight.

A clash between WBC #3, WBA #7 welterweight Jo Jo Dan (28-1, 15 KOs) and former super featherweight champion Steve Forbes (35-9, 11 KOs) ended in round six technical deciuion for Dan after an unintentional head butt left Forbes unable to continue.
I was very impressed with Decarie. I look forward to seeing him again.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Jo Jo Dan lost another decision today in Turkey, but it was a close fight this time and not really a robbery like before.