International Fight League

guest301

Hall of Famer
The IFL comes on FSN at 11:00pm eastern this friday night. It brings the team concept to MMA. There are eleven teams competing against each other in this league and Pat Militech's team won last year. Some other names some of you guys might recognize are coaches Maurice Smith, Ken Shamrock and Frank Shamrock. The latter two guys are coaching teams that will be going at each other friday night. They are estranged brothers(Frank was adopted) and they both had a interesting interview about each other last week on the IFL show. Frank wanted to go his own way and train differently than Ken and his "Lions Den" fighters and there seems to be alot of animosity between Ken, Frank and their father. Should be interesting this Friday. It's amazing all the choices that are out there for MMA, even if all you have is basic cable.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Both Ken and Frank are adopted.

Ken's real name is Kenneth Wayne Kilpatrick. He was an orphan who was raised by Bob Shamrock, owner of the Shamrock Ranch, a home for troubled boys. Ken took the last name Shamrock in honor of Bob.

If you're a fan of Ken's, you should read his biography, Inside the Lion's Den.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the info, never heard that Ken was adopted as well. I am a fan of his despite his subpar showing as a coach on the ultimate fighter. I imagine he is much more involved with his pupils in the Lion's Den.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I just love MMA and so if the IFL chooses to make it a team sport so I get to watch more MMA on TV, that's fine with me. You may be right about it not going far, who knows.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
When I get the chance I will tell Ken Shamrock personally that I think he has the looks, the body, and the persona to play the roll of a villian on the big screen. He has that classic square jaw and mean scowl that could break glass without touching it.

guest301

Hall of Famer
He would be a great villian, mob enforcer, prison tough guy, etc...
smiley2.gif
Kinda suprised I haven't seen him in a run of "b" movies yet.