innocence lost in sports

G

Hi, my name is jeff and i am a new forum member. Not new to the site however as i have been following it for several months. I thought i was the only one who felt this way or noticed the disrespect and so-called decline of the white athlete. Never connected it with any institutionalized caste system though. But i see your point. Many thoughts here; but i want to talk about the subject matter"loss of innoncence in sports". When i was growing up in dallas in the late 70's,80's i was a tremendous sports fan who did not see or care about black or white athletes. they were all just my heroes, roger staubach, tony dorsett, drew pearson, randy white etc...after i turned 18 and joined the army and started watching basketball games with my black friends,i started to notice who they rooted for and who they disliked. they mostly hated the celtics in particular;they disliked bird and mchale and hated ainge with a passion. for no seemingly discernable reason other than they were white. it bothered me because sports is not supposed to be about that in a ideal society where everything is equal. but i over the years started to notice the stereotype's about the slow white athlete and their disappearance from certain skill positions in sports. that bothered me for a long time and even though i think there is a certain genetic disadvantage in ( Some sports) it is clearly overblown and used to justify almost blatant discrimination in our high school football programs by coaches who i guess do not know any better who automatically make turn their fast white player into safeties rather than cornerbacks, fullbacks rather than tailbacks, tight ends rrather than recievers with no lugit. chance to at least show that he might be better than the black athlete who gets those positions. look at what they are doing to matt jones. i thought randy moss was the greatest athlete in terms of speed and size in the nfl. matt jones is just as fast, jumps higher and has 30 pounds on him and they may stick him at tight end. oh please. wake up sports fans! i long for the innocence of my youth when sports was truly fun and the great leveling ground where anybody could play. will write more in the future. jesus saves

sunshine

Mentor
Funny I saw this and I think you on one of the key turning point in sports. One cannot emphasise enough how badly blacks in general hated Bird and the Celtics but especially Bird. More so early in his career rather than later when he was slowing down and not likely to win anymore championships and was safer. I knew alack gal who went to Indiana State when he was there and still rooted against the Celtics. She liked the Lakers. Big surprise.It is my guess some time in the 80's with ESPN etc. that the racial athletic "differences" were first pointed out with such extreme bias and consistency.. And since then the media has never really looked back.Without a doubt sports have changed over the years. Look at Tiger and the Williams sisters and you get a sense of how race dominates the landscape in so manyways. Many blacks admit they only watch tennis to see the Williams sisters thrash white players. The media unfotunately fuels this sort of thing. Shame on them.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Aragorn777, nice post and welcome to the board. You are our 100th registered user as well, which is a nice milestone in Caste Football's development.

I had pretty much a parallel experience, growing up rooting for Pittsburgh teams. I still have many fond memories of the great Pirates and Steelers teams of the '70s. I rooted just as much for Roberto Clemente, Willie Stargell and the many black stars on the Steelers as I did for the white players. It was the Caste System that took away my innocence, not any changes by me.

The Celtics were sometimes sneeringly referred to as "South Africa's team" in the '80s. A lot of blacks and whites hated them because they had Ainge and two white superstars. Those peoplerepresent the same close-minded mentality that instantly rejects this site instead of taking the time to read in-depth and consider the points we're making. They are the onesprogrammed with racial stereotypes and one-sided racial animus not us, but we will continue to open minds on the subject of sports and race.

G

Thanks Don, i am proud to be the 100th member of caste football. i truly hope i bring something useful and unique to the table. i am glad you understood where i was coming from with"my loss of innocence" post. i have long enjoyed your comments and insights and thank you for the welcome.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Aragorn, welcome to the board. Do you remember how you found the site?

G

yes bear arms it was a random internet search for articles concerning the decline of the white athlete. yahoo search engine probably. glad i found it and discovered all the kindred spirits out there. i though i was the only one who noticed or cared about the plight of the white athlete.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Let me welcome you here to aragorn777.I have been here
for a long time as I am one of the originals.I get so
excited for each new member.I really enjoy reading
everyones posts here.We all bring a little something
different & thought provoking to the table.That is why
this place is a home away from home.lol.Keep up the
great posts to all of you guys.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Aragorn, welcome to caste football! Although I am somewhat younger than you, I too remember when the Caste System began to manifest itself in force in the 80's. You have found the right place to discuss these matters that really do spill over into so many other areas of our lives and our society. By the way, Jesus saved me in 1983!

Deo Vindice!

G

Thanks for the welcome, white lightning and colonel reb. i have enjoyed your posts in the months that i have been following it. white lightning is a user name i would have chosen if you had not beat me to it first. i chose aragorn because of the character in the lord of the rings movies. col reb i am 37 and so you are probably younger than me as you stated. you said" jesus saved me in 83" he saved me in 79 after reading the late great planet earth by hal lindsey. i got scared into heaven!!! look forward to conversing with you gentlemen about sports in the future. what does deo vindice mean?

G

bear arms, one question. How did you discover caste football and anybody else who wants to answer it?

speedster

Mentor
I found this site doing the search engine thing as well.I was looking for anything on white HB's and this was what came up,so here I am.In short order I also came across Amren,which is also one of my favourite sites.There's nothing like visiting a site that tells it like it is.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Someone posted an article on The Phora, and I guess it's a forum about politics. I don't ever post there, but some of those people on there are kinda funny. So it does help if people post articles in forums that will accept Castefootball articles. So thats how I found this website, and I'm not certain who the user was on there who posted it.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm flattered that you would have chosen my username
aragorn777.You are a welcome addition to this board.I
have my name because I was nicknamed that as a kid
growing up.Hopefully it was a good thing but either way
the name has stuck with me until now.I now like the
name even more.I really enjoy this site and the people
that come here to post.It is a pleasure to converse
with all of you.I too know the Lord and am proud to say
so.I do not however judge anyone as it is wrong to.I
respect everyone here and what ever beliefs they may
have.America is great because we can choose what or who
to believe in.I found this site too because I was doing
an internet search several years ago about white running
backs and white sprinters.I am very proud of my heritage.
Believe it or not,whites in some ways could learn from
the minorities.They on the average are more proud of
their heritage than alot of whites are.This is sad.We
can change and we have to in order to survive.As I
always say,we are just as good as anyone and I will
let no one put us down.People so easily forget all of
the good that whites have done outside of sports.I am
and always will be very proud to be white!

G

Just finished watching field of dreams on tbs tonight and that movie captures perfectly the loss of innocence in sports on this thread i started. It should not be about black and white and it it should be about father and son playing catch on a ballfield in middle america. i want to thank the caste system for largely stealing that away from us and some of the joy that can come from sports. No kid no matter what the color of skin should be intimidated to go out for any position he wants too in sports.A black kid should go out for the swim team just like a white kid can run sprints and with modern technology and nutrition, the genetic barriers are lessening anyway. those genetic barriers were never as big as they were made out to be, they were just used as a excuse to discourage alot of kids..

speedster

Mentor
For me these days,sports is about the white athlete,I get a kick out of watching a white guy do well in a black dominated sport.It is the reverse when it comes to hockey.My hockey-loving days are over but I like to see the black guys do well and there are a heck of a lot more blacks playing hockey than there used to be.It's cool when guys like Mike Grier,Anson Carter and Jarome Iginla make plays.These players and others have proven that a black guy can play the game of hockey and do it pretty well.

G

I'm with you on those sentiments speedster. it is not largely about race with me because i am not a pure blood anything anyway. I'm part irish scotch jewish and even a little su indian. i like you, just want a level playing field where anbody can succeed. i like to see black players in hockey because i think hockey when it is played right is the most beautiful sport in the world and i wish it was more popular but the powers that be have screwed up the game with too much clutching and grabbing and not enough free flow of action unobstructed on the ice. I root for white players in basketball, football and track because that is where the caste system most affects us, if you were a black person reading this article: how would you feel if it was assumed as a matter of genetics that you could not play tailback because you were not shifty enough or basketball because you could not leap high enough and you could not run sprints because you could never be fast enough. wouldn't you have a hard time with that and have a problem with even enjoying a sport which said you yourself could only nominally participate if at all. think about it!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Aragorn777, Deo Vindice is Latin for "God will vindicate." It was the motto of the CSA. I think it can apply to so many things, so from time to time, you'll see me signature my posts with it. By the way, I came across Caste Football while searching for articles on white running backs. I'm Irish, Scottish, English, plus I have a little Cherokee and Choctaw in me too, so I know what you mean about the full-blooded thing.

G

Colonel reb,Deo Vindice '' God will vindicate''. it is hard waiting on that sometimes but it's true. He is not always about love, justice is also a part of his character as well.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Very true, Aragorn777, very true. sometimes it is interpreted as "God is our vindicator", but either way, I know what you mean.

G

A week ago i joined this site as the 100th member and in less than a week we have gone up to 107. that is good news and my goal is for this site to go mainstream within 2 to 3 years. I'm not here because caste misery loves company, I'm here to change the caste system and i think it is a changing. i was very encouraged looking at the hoops summitt and seeing all the good white american players for a change. the worm always turns and our worm is turning.

speedster

Mentor
Others may find this site by looking up an athlete on one of the search engines.On the Canadian version of Google,that is Google.ca,I typed in first Dusty Stamer and later Jesse Lumsden and came up with a couple of articles and posts from this discussion board.I thought that was pretty cool.Now are rants and raves are out there for all to see.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That's great news speedster.You have been here for a
long time and your posts are greatly appreciated.It's
exciting to see this site grow by leaps and bounds.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Anytime we can get it to where the first links to pop up are ours, it's a good sign. Let's keep it up.

G

Alittle off topic but i didn't want to start a new post. I am moving to Alden, New York (just outside buffalo) to go work on a farm as a ranchhand/handiman. This is about the 4th time I have moved since last september. Originally i moved from Dallas to Ohio to be with my mother and brother and to get away from some bad memories in Dallas.Haven't really been happy here in Ohio but I now have a excellent opportunity in Alden to spend some time in a peaceful somewhat isolated town to grow in the lord,recover,energize and move on with my life. There's a relationship possibility involved here as well, but I'm taking it slow on that one. I know there are some christians on this site,ie; Colonel Reb and White Lightning and I would respectfully ask for your prayer during this time of transition.I leave sunday night and I may not be able to post in a while till i get my computer set up although i will probably atleast be able to look in from time to time to see what's going on and any new posts. I'm not gone just taking a break for a couple of weeks starting sunday night. I know that this post was not sports related and I hope nobody is offended but I feel like I have made a few friends on this site and so I took a flyer. I do believe in the power of prayer. Deo Vindice!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm glad your here aragorn777. I will remember you as you transition. I will be doing the same thing in August, plus I'm a PK, so I know how it is. I look forward to having you back up in Yankeeland soon. I'm going to Boston next weekend for a few days, so I'll get to experience New England for the first time.