I think age of what is considred mens "physical peak" has to be recalculated

f3d0r

Guru
I have flirted with the idea in some other threads briefly but i have decided to give a overall round up on the matter and hear some of you guys opinions.

I honestly think, and yes even factoring in Peds(which they are all probably on regardless of age) a mens prime is 30-36 in sports now, and possibly could be 35-40 in a decade with even more increased science knowledge. Now this thread is even dare i say it going to use blacks in some of my cases who are pedding, but as i mentioned, i think 80 of sportsmen are taking something, especially blacks.

Anyway back to my point. it is often touted that mens prime is 25-28. I disagree. Now with my limited sport knowledge i honestly think mens physical prime(including intelligence which i feel plys a big factor in some sports) is in the 30's upwards.

What made me think this is boxing. I watched George Groves(25/26) v Carl Froch(36/37). How did Carl froch beat him, did he beat him twice with skill? No, george groves is probably more technically better than Froch. But in both fights Froch was more physically imposing, his Cardio was better, as was his strength. I also watched alot of Joe Calzaghe and in his 30's his cardio was far superior to Jeff laceys etc.

S if we look at the top p4p list(which i disagree with btw) here are the ages.

Wlad-39 Froch-37,floyd 38, Rigondeux 34, Golovkin 33, Sergey Kovalev 32, and if you look at most the other big champions they are pushing 30 or in 30's.

I even look at sports that i think test my theory best and if you look at the best Soccer players. Here is a random list which i again disagree with

http://www.sportyghost.com/top-10-best-soccer-players-world-2015/

5 of the ten are in their 30's and i think they missed out on the disgusting Ribery who is 31.

Now i am going to get slated for this because i know its a joke sport drugs wise but lets look at the top ten sprinters list.

1 Gatlin-33
2) Michael rodgers-30
4)powell 32
6 kim Collins 39

Then there is strength which we have already discussed and the current Worlds strongest man is 33, and the 2014 champ is 39.

Even tennis now had a 30 year old winner today and tenis has more 30 year olds than ever in the top ten and Tennis is one of those "young mans game" due to its high demands on the joints.

Plus if you throw in Endurence such as long distance and Cycling my case gets sronger. Bradley wiggins today broke a cycling record at age 35 today

AV de villers is smashing the west indies around at age 31.

You guyd get the picture. Sure there are sports that mainly have 20 year olds in it, but could you not argue that the blood line wil always have younger guys coming in it, and not 30 year old plus guys. Also you could Argue that 30 plus year olds are under represented as they lose motivation due to having a sucessful career and therefore other commitmments take over.

As Don Wassel said, and this is key. With good diet and sensible training methods i feel men bodies ar more developed in there 30's than 20's and would say the mens peak is closer to 35 than it is to 25 in modern society, and who knows maybe it could get to 35-40 if we have this discusion still in ten years time.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I have flirted with the idea in some other threads briefly but i have decided to give a overall round up on the matter and hear some of you guys opinions.

I honestly think, and yes even factoring in Peds(which they are all probably on regardless of age) a mens prime is 30-36 in sports now, and possibly could be 35-40 in a decade with even more increased science knowledge. Now this thread is even dare i say it going to use blacks in some of my cases who are pedding, but as i mentioned, i think 80 of sportsmen are taking something, especially blacks.

Anyway back to my point. it is often touted that mens prime is 25-28. I disagree. Now with my limited sport knowledge i honestly think mens physical prime(including intelligence which i feel plys a big factor in some sports) is in the 30's upwards.

What made me think this is boxing. I watched George Groves(25/26) v Carl Froch(36/37). How did Carl froch beat him, did he beat him twice with skill? No, george groves is probably more technically better than Froch. But in both fights Froch was more physically imposing, his Cardio was better, as was his strength. I also watched alot of Joe Calzaghe and in his 30's his cardio was far superior to Jeff laceys etc.

S if we look at the top p4p list(which i disagree with btw) here are the ages.

Wlad-39 Froch-37,floyd 38, Rigondeux 34, Golovkin 33, Sergey Kovalev 32, and if you look at most the other big champions they are pushing 30 or in 30's.

I even look at sports that i think test my theory best and if you look at the best Soccer players. Here is a random list which i again disagree with

http://www.sportyghost.com/top-10-best-soccer-players-world-2015/

5 of the ten are in their 30's and i think they missed out on the disgusting Ribery who is 31.

Now i am going to get slated for this because i know its a joke sport drugs wise but lets look at the top ten sprinters list.

1 Gatlin-33
2) Michael rodgers-30
4)powell 32
6 kim Collins 39

Then there is strength which we have already discussed and the current Worlds strongest man is 33, and the 2014 champ is 39.

Even tennis now had a 30 year old winner today and tenis has more 30 year olds than ever in the top ten and Tennis is one of those "young mans game" due to its high demands on the joints.

Plus if you throw in Endurence such as long distance and Cycling my case gets sronger. Bradley wiggins today broke a cycling record at age 35 today

AV de villers is smashing the west indies around at age 31.

You guyd get the picture. Sure there are sports that mainly have 20 year olds in it, but could you not argue that the blood line wil always have younger guys coming in it, and not 30 year old plus guys. Also you could Argue that 30 plus year olds are under represented as they lose motivation due to having a sucessful career and therefore other commitmments take over.

As Don Wassel said, and this is key. With good diet and sensible training methods i feel men bodies ar more developed in there 30's than 20's and would say the mens peak is closer to 35 than it is to 25 in modern society, and who knows maybe it could get to 35-40 if we have this discusion still in ten years time.

I think you are right. It used to be said that 27 was the peak physical year for athletes. But I agree with better training and nutrition, including some PED's, the age has been moved up. Also there is more experience at the older age which used to be offset by the decline in the body, but since that decline can be put off for a while now the experience is matching the peak physical condition age.

In a fully natural environment the peak may still be 27 but in the artificial world of modern athletics the age has been moved up to early 30's.

One exception I would make is for baseball pitchers. The stress on the arm and shoulder muscules is difficult to offset with weight training, nutrition and drugs. But most pitchers gain a lot of knowledge and while they are not as physically talented when they get older they are a lot smarter.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
It obviously varies by individual & sport. However, I'd venture to guess that "prime" age range is (around) 27-32 (on average).

amoeba man

Guru
It would most likely be late 20's and throughout the 30's.Boys can continue to grow until their 21 and in some cases can continue growing until 24 not only in height but muscle mass.For example Wlad Klitschko was 6'5 and 218 when turning pro at 20 but is now 6'6 and a half[maybe 6'7] and 250 lbs so he's obviously grown throughout his 20's.