Hughes vs. Trigg II

JD074

Master
Saw this on SpikeTV the other night. One of the greatest performances I've ever seen. First Trigg knees him in the groin. Ouch! The ref was right there and I know he saw it even though they said he didn't. Trigg then punched Hughes repeatedly, basically knocking him out, Hughes goes to the ground, somehow survives. To his credit the ref let it go on longer than he probably would've if it weren't for the hit to the crotch (that's my speculation.) It really looked like the fight was over. Then Hughes escapes a choke hold, the second time the fight should've been over, and somehow reverses things, grabs Trigg, picks him up and body slams him, and eventually chokes him out. I hope you guys caught this because it was unbelievable.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I've seen that one, JD. You're right, it was an awesome display of courage and attitude. Both those guys are serious bad-asses.

One of the best escapes I've seen against a choke was Stephan Bonner, I think it was against Forrest Griffith in TUF finale. Griffith had it locked in so bad you could hear Bonner choking and grunting. But Bonner still managed the escape. It was something to see, too.

Yeah, I had mentioned it briefly in another post. Hughes made an
unbelievable comeback. His physical strength is utterly amazing.

Bonner and Griffith were amazing in their determination. That was class
all the way when the UFC gave Bonner a contract even though he lost the
decision. (I really thought that Sanchez had lost in his 'semi-final' but he
did LOOK fresher afterward, maybe that helped him get the decision that
let him move on to a pushover fight in the TUF final)

Kaptain

Master
Bonner and Giffith wasgreat fight to watch. However, technique wise these guys are years away from amounting to anything in the UFC. Both had several chances to end the match, but gave up their superior positions. Their wrestling skills needed a lot of work. It just goes to show that you can't just pick up this sport over night it takes years of training to be really good.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Poop, did you watch the last episode of the UFC on Spike TV, live?

The guys from TUF fought on that episode, and their skills have improved IMMENSELY over what was displayed on TUF finale. The fighter's use of the guard, submissions, takedowns, all were vastly improved over what we saw in TUF.

Thats what training full time with the best trainers available will do for you.
smiley2.gif