How things have changed

speedster

Mentor
Back in 1990 it came down to the last Monday night game for Dallas.A win or tie by the Rams over the Saints and the cowpokes were in the playoffs.Enter Gil Fenerty.The Saints found something in that game with Gil as they kept throwing him swings and flares and he would juke and jive and make the first guy miss and pick up decent yardage.He was so elusive in that game it made me sick.The Saints won and Gil more than did his part.Fast-forward to 2006.If Gil was playing now and had a game like that against the cow I'd be thrilled.In fact should Matt Jones have a big game against Dallas in the first game of the season and say he scored the winning TD late I'd be on my feet clapping.The Cowboys are thugs and these days it's all about the white athlete.How things have changed.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That's why we are here speedster.I think that most of us feel the same way.We root more for players now than just teams like in the past.It's kind of like Fantasy Football where you want all of your favorite players to do good.The ultimate thing though is if our teams that we have liked since we were kids would be more white friendly.Most teams just will not break the Caste System.They are just scared to death that they will lose their jobs.

white is right

Hall of Famer
speedster said:
Back in 1990 it came down to the last Monday night game for Dallas.A win or tie by the Rams over the Saints and the cowpokes were in the playoffs.Enter Gil Fenerty.The Saints found something in that game with Gil as they kept throwing him swings and flares and he would juke and jive and make the first guy miss and pick up decent yardage.He was so elusive in that game it made me sick.The Saints won and Gil more than did his part.Fast-forward to 2006.If Gil was playing now and had a game like that against the cow I'd be thrilled.In fact should Matt Jones have a big game against Dallas in the first game of the season and say he scored the winning TD late I'd be on my feet clapping.The Cowboys are thugs and these days it's all about the white athlete.How things have changed.
The Cowboys for the most part always drafted quality people, until the Jerry Jones era(Hollywood Henderson aside). Now with his idiotic desires to win every year he has made the Cowboys the Oakland Raiders of the NFC. The Cowboys had the longest playoff streak in NFL history and signed local players. Now if they could they would only want Bowden's boys and Miami U players, it's like Jones has turned the Cowboys into Hustler magazine...
smiley5.gif

Kaptain

Master
I watched the the 1979 cotton bowl on ESPN last week where Joe Montana threw a last second TD to win the game. Notre Dame was at least 80% white and their two starting recievers were white - Chris Haynes and Pete Holohan. Haynes caught the winning TD.
Fast forward to today and we cheer for ND on this site because they have one star white WR and one white DB. My how times have changed.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep Kaptain, the times have definitely changed. There are still a few teams like that to cheer for, but not the Notre Dame's. At least they are half white this year, which is an improvement. I just hope they get to the 14-15 white starters out of 22 pretty soon. Then we'll really have some changes to cheer for!

bigunreal

Mentor
I remember Gil Fenerty well. The Saints had a woeful backfield full of mediocre blacks like Fred McAfee. Still, it was naive for any of us to think that Caste system disciple Jim Mora would ever give a white RB a fair chance. Mora always went with an all black defense, and Fenerty was the only white skill position player (outside of QB), to my knowledge, to ever get any playing time under him.