High School Basketball Prospects

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A bit heavy on Mid Majors, but figured worth sharing. Especially considering half of these guys may transfer up.

With Gonzage trending in the right direction let's also hope the U of A Wildcats continue to recruit similar type guys.

Brad Holmeboy

Merritt Alderink 6-7 Zeeland, Mich. West HS - Indiana State
Ayden Davis 6-10 Onsted, Mich. HS - Wright State
Cameron Regnerus 6-8 Grandville, Mich. HS - Grand Valley State (GVSU will be D1 when he's an upperclassman)

I saw Tyler Ode from Saginaw was already mentioned. One last white D1 kid in Michigan's 2024 class is Joey Cabana athletic 6-2 guard from Chelsea HS. His cousin Cole Cabana is a freshman for U-M football and in training camp was fastest man in the running backs room.

Three of the top five 2025 recruits in Michigan are white players:
Camden Karel 6-9 Byron Center, Mich. HS
Camden Thompson 6-6 Whitehall, Mich. HS (MAC offers in both basketball and football, and state runner-up in the high-jump, lost on attempts. The type of athlete who could play basketball in college then make an NFL roster)
Carson Vis 6-4 Grand Rapids, Mich. South Chrisitan HS

Last edited:

Phall

Master
Merritt Alderink 6-7 Zeeland, Mich. West HS - Indiana State
Ayden Davis 6-10 Onsted, Mich. HS - Wright State
Cameron Regnerus 6-8 Grandville, Mich. HS - Grand Valley State (GVSU will be D1 when he's an upperclassman)

I saw Tyler Ode from Saginaw was already mentioned. One last white D1 kid in Michigan's 2024 class is Joey Cabana athletic 6-2 guard from Chelsea HS. His cousin Cole Cabana is a freshman for U-M football and in training camp was fastest man in the running backs room.

Three of the top five 2025 recruits in Michigan are white players:
Camden Karel 6-9 Byron Center, Mich. HS
Camden Thompson 6-6 Whitehall, Mich. HS (MAC offers in both basketball and football, and state runner-up in the high-jump, lost on attempts. The type of athlete who could play basketball in college then make an NFL roster)
Carson Vis 6-4 Grand Rapids, Mich. South Chrisitan HS
Great to see the 2025 kids here. What was in the water in Michigan though in 2004 that the parents of two unrelated white prodigies decided to name their babies "Camden"??

Where are you getting those 2025 rankings, by the way? The top search result for Camden Karel is his own twitter page, which thanks Northern Iowa for scouting him. That's what I'd expect from a top white talent in a deciduous forest area. You might note that the 247 database currently features only three players, all black, from the state of Michigan.

Camden Thompson seems like a multi-sport high school star and could play football (as a receiver!) or do hurdles for a college track team.Carson Vis is also posting his own football highlights, although he seems to prioritize his basketball future. All very young in any case. Amazing that in this internet era, white high school kids put a contact phone number in their twitter bios to encourage inquiries.

Brad Holmeboy

Great to see the 2025 kids here. What was in the water in Michigan though in 2004 that the parents of two unrelated white prodigies decided to name their babies "Camden"??

Where are you getting those 2025 rankings, by the way? The top search result for Camden Karel is his own twitter page, which thanks Northern Iowa for scouting him. That's what I'd expect from a top white talent in a deciduous forest area. You might note that the 247 database currently features only three players, all black, from the state of Michigan.

Camden Thompson seems like a multi-sport high school star and could play football (as a receiver!) or do hurdles for a college track team.Carson Vis is also posting his own football highlights, although he seems to prioritize his basketball future. All very young in any case. Amazing that in this internet era, white high school kids put a contact phone number in their twitter bios to encourage inquiries.
Ha yes lotta Camdens in Gen Z I guess.

Oh, re. the rankings, don't 'find online, just based on talking to college coaches and AAU coaches, had two sons recently come through that scene and still know the players and coaches involved.

A mixed kid from 2025 with interesting lineage is Phoenix Glassnor from Warren De La Salle, 5-10 and dunking ... but probably via not his black mom but white dad Rodney Glassnor a playground legend and known as one of best dunkers in state history.

From what I'm told Vis just plays football for fun -- which it is, when you win a state title like they did last year. GR South Christian is one of the still old school pure Dutch schools, and has put out legends like McDonald's AA dunk champion Matt Steigenga, and WMU"s all-time leading scorer David Kool.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Hair Jordan to South Alabama

He’s getting some minutes as a Freshman for South Alabama but hasn’t done much so far. He’s 1/4 on 3s in the 1st half I’ve watched him against Mercer. I’d like to see him pump fake and drive more! Use that athleticism!

On a positive note South Alabama has a 6’10 sharp shooting(40 from 3) forward in Julian Margrave and a 6’8 big man in Thomas Howell(5ppg 5rpg).

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I watch alot of Cooper Flagg highlights, as the algorithm on YouTube knows what I like. His HS team Montverde Academy is the #1 ranked in the country and stacked top to bottom. While watching highlights you can't help but notice another White cat who stands out as a top talent. This player is SF Liam McNeeley and I come to find out I'm not the only one who agrees that this guy is good. Looking at the composite ranking at 247 sports he's the #17 prospect and signed to Indiana next year. Check out Liam's highlights and you'll see that its a shame he's mostly hidden in Cooper's shadow. I like his game ALOT!

booth

Mentor
Freethinker, Liam McNeeley just won the MVP of the tournament Montverde won this weekend. He is a baller. Also, I'd like to mention the nation's no.1 scorer, Kase Wynott a 6'6" senior from Idaho. He is averaging 39.2 points and 14.4 rebounds a game. He has committed to Utah State. Have not seen much film on him, but from what I have seen he is a pure shooter.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Freethinker, Liam McNeeley just won the MVP of the tournament Montverde won this weekend. He is a baller. Also, I'd like to mention the nation's no.1 scorer, Kase Wynott a 6'6" senior from Idaho. He is averaging 39.2 points and 14.4 rebounds a game. He has committed to Utah State. Have not seen much film on him, but from what I have seen he is a pure shooter.
Thanks for sharing that. Awesome to hear. I’ll have to find some highlights to share at some point.

booth

Mentor
Eli Ellis is a 6'1" guard from Moravian Prep who is a pure scorer and he doesn't back down from anyone. He is a 2025 commit to the University of South Carolina. He has a brother, Ed who is a baller also.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Davis Fogle is a 6-foot-6 point guard from Washington state in the class of 2025 who has been blowing up. physically, he’s the total package: long, smooth, bouncy, and has vision. he’s obviously far from a finished product since he’s just a high school junior, but he’s one to expect big things from moving forward.

as an aside, his mom (who is an assistant coach for his high school team) was Southern Illinois’ all-time leading scorer and rebounder when she completed her collegiate career, if i understand correctly.

Bucky

Hall of Famer

SneakyQuick

Mentor
High iq meaning higher than the room temperature numbers common in division one hoops?