Henry Anderson

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Anderson, the highest drafted White defensive player in 2015, albeit not until the third round, is an instant star. Surprise, surprise, another athletically limited overachiever with no upside is shocking the "experts":

If I had to choose the biggest positive from Sunday's ugly loss to the Buffalo Bills for the Colts, it would be the defensive line. A group that is very inexperienced and was starting two rookies actually looked quite good. Kendall Langford was making his Colts debut after being signed as a free agent this offseason, while rookies David Parry and Henry Anderson made their debuts as well along the line. And the group played very well together.

Anderson especially stood out as impressive, garnering praise from all over the place, including from head coach Chuck Pagano.

"Guy made a ton of plays in the backfield," Pagano said on Monday. "I don't think we've had a defensive linemen around here since I've been here, an interior guy, a guy that plays the five, the nose or the three end up with eight, nine, 10 tackles on the stat sheet. Very, very active. He did a great job."

Anderson was credited with nine tackles on Sunday, which as Pagano noted, is a very high number for a defensive lineman in a 3-4 defense. Anderson tied for the team lead in tackles and is tied for the most tackles by a defensive lineman in the entire league after one week - tied with the Rams' Aaron Donald and the Texans' J.J. Watt. According to Pro Football Focus, he made five stops in the run game - tied with J.J. Watt for the most among defensive ends. Anderson was all over the field and was very impressive.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/9/...in-colts-debut-you-cant-ask-for-anything-more

TwentyTwo

Master
Thanks for starting this thread Don...this is part of the Colts thread i wanted to start over the Summer but there was a glitch; then a vicious computer virus attacked...

The Colts have one of the Top QB's in the NFL with Andrew Luck...and there has been Super Bowl talk from their GM...but they knew they had to get better vs. the Run & that's where (Drafting)Henry Anderson was to arrive on the scene..Great start to his career!

This was actually from Rotoworld in early May...
Anderson (6'6/294) rebounded from an injury-plagued junior year to notch 15 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks as a senior, earning first-team All-Pac 12. He managed a 5.03 forty, but excelled in the three-cone drill (7.20), a test often indicative of success for defensive linemen. A long-armed (33 1/2"), relentless power player with smarts (36 Wonderlic), Anderson projects best as a five-technique 3-4 end. He's been likened to Chris Canty by Rotoworld's Josh Norris and can rush the passer from the interior. May 1 - 11:06 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132632/henry-anderson

Last edited:

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Indeed, Henry Anderson looks to have a bright future at DT. Hopefully he doesn't get the same Caste treatment as Titants DT Karl Klug did after a stellar rookie campaign...

GettyImages-488047768.0.jpg

A Fine Addition To A Familiar Trend

In keeping with a trend that was established immediately upon the NFL's descent into the disgusting depths of Casteon Hell, Henry Anderson was the only white starter on an otherwise coal black defense AND by far the Colts best defensive player. This is something I've witnessed week after week, year after year on numerous teams in this afrolete laden, agenda promoting league. One or two whites on defense consistently standing out via stellar play. While purposely downplayed (with a few notable impossible to ignore exceptions such as J.J. Watt) by the script following Marxist Media Mavens, I've long thought that the incomprehension of this undeniable tendency by the DWF masses is a shining example of their depravity !!!

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
In keeping with a trend that was established immediately upon the NFL's descent into the disgusting depths of Casteon Hell, Henry Anderson was the only white starter on an otherwise coal black defense AND by far the Colts best defensive player. This is something I've witnessed week after week, year after year on numerous teams in this afrolete laden, agenda promoting league. One or two whites on defense consistently standing out via stellar play. While purposely downplayed (with a few notable impossible to ignore exceptions such as J.J. Watt) by the script following Marxist Media Mavens, I've long thought that the incomprehension of this undeniable tendency by the DWF masses is a shining example of their depravity !!!

It's a shining example of their stupidity too.

Riggins44

Master
Looking on the bright side, this phenomenon is so obvious it's one of the most effective ways for DWFs to awaken to the caste system.

At this rate Anderson looks like he could be on par with say Kiko Alonso by the end of this year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Anderson plays end in a 3-4 defense, so we may need to temper expectations when it comes to his statistics. J.J. Watt plays in a 3-4, which makes his absolute dominance even more remarkable, but most top ends when it comes to stats play in a 4-3, which have more opportunities for tackles and sacks, whereas 3-4 defenses are designed to funnel more plays to linebackers.

If Anderson can average four to five tackles a game this season, he'll already be among the very best at his position as a rookie.