Heath Evans a tail back

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I still remember Heath dropping a tough pass out of the backfield (in Seattle) and fatso Mike Holmgren screaming right into his face about it like a man possessed. All the while koren robinson, darrel jackson, and every other crappy seahawks WR were busy setting league records for drops in a season without a word from tub-o-lard Mikey.

This season almost makes memories such as that one (and getting released by one of the worst teams in NFL histroy, the Dolphins) worth it.

Did you guys see how hard Heath and Kyle were running and hitting the holes this past week?? I haven't seen running like that in YEARS! Almost like white backs know that every carry could be their last (especially Eckel). Which means they're forced to do something strange for the NFL RB's...RUN HARD.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Holmgren has a history of bashing white athletes for no reason... Bill Schroeder in Green Bay comes to mind pretty quickly.

i recall Holmgren 'explaining' why Heath Evans never got more of a chance to play in Seattle. he said, and i'm paraphrasing but it's pretty close to a quote, that Heath 'is a running back in a fullback's body.'

so, somehow in Holmgren's worldview, an athlete gifted enough to run like a tailback but as big and powerful as a fullback is a bad thing. at least, if said athlete has white skin.
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif

edited to add: yes i did see how hard they were running. it's nice to see guys running angry instead of dancing around like some skank in a rap video.Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Bart

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:
I still remember Heath dropping a tough pass out of the backfield (in Seattle) and fatso Mike Holmgren screaming right into his face about it like a man possessed.

That is classic Holmgren. When he feels the urge to whip the minions into shape he will always find a white player to humiliate.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:
Did you guys see how hard Heath and Kyle were running and hitting the holes this past week?? I haven't seen running like that in YEARS! Almost like white backs know that every carry could be their last (especially Eckel). Which means they're forced to do something strange for the NFL RB's...RUN HARD.

totally agree, haven't seen anything like that since Mike Alstott in his prime!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
DraftDaddy linked another good article on Heath. some excerpts:
How then, Professor Belichick, would you describe this type of fullback?

"Heath is a lot like the fullbacks from the '70s and early '80s when I came into the league, and prior to that going back into the '60s," he said Wednesday. "The fullback and halfback, their carries were kind of evenly balanced. You had Franco Harris and Rocky Bleier. You had fullbacks that carried the ball - [Larry] Csonka and [Jim] Kiick, [Jim] Taylor and [Paul] Hornung. The halfbacks blocked for the fullbacks and the fullbacks blocked for the halfbacks. That's kind of what Heath is."

Although the term "throwback" is perhaps overused, it does apply to the 6-foot, 250-pound Evans.

Evans is thankful the Patriots view him that way, because he was utilized more as a one-trick pony - a blocker - through the early part of his NFL career with the Seahawks (2001-04) and Dolphins (six games in 2005).

hopefully Heath and Kyle Eckel will have big games tonight on national tv.