Heated NFL caste arguments on Youtube!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
GiovaniMarcon said:
Black people (and to an equal or even greater extent, Hispanic people) use the "R" word as a shock weapon in order to shut white people up when whites confound them with issues and questions for which they have no reasonable or intelligent reply, such as "hey Tyrone, if I have six apples and three friends, and I want to give each of them an equal number of apples, how many should I give to each friend?"

We get it already -- you have a very low opinion of blacks, as you never fail to remind us in every one of your posts.

Yeah I definitely agree, labeling blacks as inferior in every way to whites constantly on our board isn't pro-active (we should be pro-white, not anti black) or productive and doesn't help our cause.

Edited to add: BTW, I have finally finished my editing of my long post.
smiley32.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Power said:
I beleive you have to change the mind set of fans before you can change the caste system for the better. I was once at a football game and heard the fans behind me bemoan the fact that their team had a white guy line up at safety. "How sorry are we can't we find enough blacks to play on our team no wonder we suck." Unless and until we have some one like Mc Guffie absolutely tear it up at a major college program the caste system will be thrust upon us. Sports fans have been taught to beleive that whites are inferior at the skill positions. Now their are some who would like to see their own do well, but they are few and far between. The problem is you can argue all you want on youtube beleive me I have done it on other sites, but it does not accomplish much of anything except makes the person arguing for the whites sound racist. Th eonly way I feel that the caste system will be broken is for some white superstar like Mc Guffie to simply win the heisman maybe twice then and only then will we maybe have a chance to make in roads against the great injustice of ther caste system. Now for what it's worth TJR I like your argument and maybe it will be slightly beneficial, but in the long run not much will change until a white skilled super star emerges.

I agree you have to change the mindset of fans, but I don't think a McGuffie will do it. Luke Staley was the best running back in college football and won the Doak Walker award in 2001, but no one noticed when he was screwed over by the NFL. Same with Brock Forsey, who was the second best runner in college in that same era.

The occasional John Lynch and Jason Sehorn, or a Mike Alstott getting a few carries, actually confirms the correctness of the Caste System in the minds of the drunk white fans -- that blacks are naturally much better athletes with the exception of a very few whites, and the fact that those whites get to play and are popular shows that the system is "color blind."

I think the system can only be changed through objective (as "objective" as possible given how everything is viewed through a racial prism in this country) recruiting by the major college programs followed by fair drafting and opportunity in the NFL. Even before college, the nefarious practice of slotting youngsters racially in football and other sports has to end.

I think this website is a much more powerful weapon (when used effectively) than any individual white player can be. I think we've already changed a lot of minds, and many others are less closed than they used to be. Even the media is less obvious in its agenda. But many more have to be enlightened, and the consciousness and attitude of white athletes and their families needs to be raised quite a bit. Until then, McGuffie, if he even gets the opportunity to excel at Michigan and the NFL, will be seen as a freak rather than evidence that I-A football and the NFL should be filled with those like him.Edited by: Don Wassall

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I do think though that McGuffie will have the chance to change minds more than Staley and Forsey. Sam is truly a freak of nature. Add to that the fact that he is going to a hugely popular "traditionally black football powerhouse" the Michigan Wolverines, which will give him tons of exposure. I also think that winning "the Heisman" which I legitimately believe Sam has a shot at would be a much more powerful tool than winning the "Doak Award" as Staley did for "Mormon" Brigham Young. As for Forsey his 4.6 speed was given by "supposedly smart football fans" (Mike Hart is significantly slower and less productive, but ranked significantly higher) as the reason he didn't make it in the NFL.

If McGuffie wins the Heisman, it will bring people to question why Rivals and ESPN had him ranked so low (about their 30th RB overall). Sam literally has "every single tool" you look for in a RB and I think Rivals and ESPN have already taken some heat over their treatment of Sam! Add to that the fact that Sam has spoken out about how half the comments on his Youtube video are about his whiteness. The fact that everyone notices and are shocked shows that there is a clear cultural mindset of what the RB position should be. (ie. black) Maybe this will wake people up to the fact that stereotyping can have an effect on even the most talented whites.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't get too pumped about McGuffie until we really see if he gets a shot. The new coach at Michigan is under a lot of heat and is not going to want to rock the boat too much.

The other problem is that with so few white candidates for stardom and injury possibilities so high at the position it's really a fluke if the guy can even make it though the season without injury.

jared

Mentor
Noticed this TJR:

"Either way foreigners have proven good at finesse basketball where offensive fouls are called. Small Euro countries can beat the U.S, yet still there are no white Americans in the All Star game. Europeans are dominating boxing yet all the top Americans are white. Face it the U.S sports system is racist."

I assume that was a typo. Anyway, much respect to you, I don't know if I would have the persistence and energy you have in your arguments in so many forums, especially considering the maddeningly stupid sheep you face. The mean IQ for youtube posters is abysmal but it is seen by many people and hopefully your words hit home with some of them. You argue well and are a great contributor here.
Edited by: jared

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yeah good catch; that was a typo. I corrected that paragraph. Just way too many posts on Youtube to write without making an error.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
I made an observation; you're the one who brought up banning. I found your post a poor fit for this thread, which is an important, fact-filled argument. This is a thread tailor-made for football fans curious about why we believe there is a Caste System in sports, in other words it's a great thread for those who may be on the fence, or maybe even leaning our direction, and then they read a slur-filled post that adds nothing to the argument, claiming that blacks and hispanics can't do even the simplest math problem. Thanks a lot for the contribution.
smiley29.gif

The primary object of Caste Football is to educate with intelligence and subtlety. Our mission is positive, to support and enlighten white athletes, whites in general, and anyone else who believes in fairness when it comes to race and other issues. Being able to criticize blacks here doesn't mean an open-ended license to mindlessly bash them. Let's hear about the white athletes you personally root for and why now and then instead of the same single note being sung repetitively.

Don't know why, but when I read your posts for some reason I think "yanling."
smiley1.gif
<!-- Message ''""
-->

Now that you've explained your position I realize you're right and I shall from here on out tone it down. I apologize for the inappropriateness of my previous remarks. Though, having said that, I also think there's some other stuff floating around the message boards that's far more extreme than anything I've written. I hope those who similarly fail to understand the mission of your website are also informed of their misunderstanding.

I like this website because it's one of the few out there that actually addresses controversial (or, in the case of discrimination against white athletes --- suppressed) issues. Keep up your good work.