HDNET Fights

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Mark Cuban's HDNET Fights is on live, free TV tonight on HDNET.

You can view the full card here.

One of the most interesting fights from a racial point of view is the fight between Tristan Yunker and Pete Spratt. Yunker has picked up a reputation as a 'racist' for some things that he wrote on his My Space page, mainly complaints about politically correct speech and discrimination against whites. As we all know, speaking out against discrimination and double standards against whites is forbidden by the PC police, and Yunker has been vilified for it. Spratt is one of those 'explosive' black athletes that the mainstream of Amerika loves to love so much.

Yunker failed to make weight at the 170 lb. limit, so he will forfeit 25% of his purse to Spratt, who agreed to fight anyway, despite Yunker's 4 lb. weigh-in advantage. Yunker has been ridiculed for not making weight, particularly since he has fought at the 155 lb. limit before.

I am interested to see what happens if Spratt wins. I want to see if he will mention Yunker's 'racism' on air.

Should be a good night of fights.

And indeed it was. First, HDNET showed every fight on the card. Most of the fights were entertaining and more or less evenly matched, despite some first round subs. The production wasn't the greatest of quality, but there wasn't a ton of booing by the fans in attendance and the cameras didn't have to continuously span the audience looking for celebrities. Yes, I know, none were in attendance but nevertheless it was a nice change from the UFC.

Yunker lost in the first round by TKO after verbal submission due to a cut. He took Spratt to the ground, Spratt reversed and opened a bad cut over Yunker's left eye with the first punch he threw from the top. When the ref attempted to restart the fighters on their feet, Yunker told him he couldn't see.

HDNET will televise three more events in December, the last one of which will feature Fedor v Hong Man Choi as the main event.

Edited by: White Shogun

G

Would like to see Mark Cuban stick with the show and turn it into a real competitior to UFC.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
nevada said:
Would like to see Mark Cuban stick with the show and turn it into a real competitior to UFC.

Me,too. There were no commercials, by the way. Three straight hours of fights.

JD074

Master
And now there's talk that Mayweather is considering trying his hand at MMA!! And specifically for his buddy Mark Cuban's HDNet Fights.

Well, if he does- and it's not very likely- I hope it's not a total embarrassment like that Tommy Morrison fight....
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif