Has he recovered from that kissing incide

agoodleap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_P4Yr3ArEg lessons learned ... never kiss a redneck... LOL.. Heath Herring's fight is a must see for me. He'll definitely liven up UFC's heavyweight division! Wish that he has recovered from that kissing incident.
Heath "Texas Crazy Horse" Herring will face the undefeated fighter Jake "Irish" O'Brien on Thursday. I'm really looking forward to seeing these two fighters knock each others head off on UFC Fight Night Live on Spike TV.

punch7lb.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
That has to be one of the funniest fight videos ever. I can watch it over and over again (and have.) The scary thing is that Herring didn't put everything on that punch, he just looped it to his chin using arm strength and KHTFO cold - rigor mortis style. I can't imagine what would have happened to him if Herring had planted his feet and thrown that with seriously bad intentions.

Shows the real value of a sucker punch by a big man, that's for sure. The one true unbeatable technique, lol.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I can't understand for the life of me why Rashad Evans is headlining an UFN with Heath Herring on the undercard.

Obviously, I can understand why: The UFC has to market their black poster boy. No other reason.

I get this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that the hype and promotion of the black MMA fighter is only going to get worse, much worse. We can only hope it never reaches the orgiastic levels of the NFL and NBA.

agoodleap

It's much easier to KO someone when they are not expecting a punch.
smiley2.gif

I wonder if Heath can do well in the UFC. With his 26-11-1 record in his MMA career he seems to have a lot of experience, but UFC fighters are really good. Hoping he will do better in his fight against Jake O'Brien.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
agoodleap said:
It's much easier to KO someone when they are not expecting a punch.
smiley2.gif

I wonder if Heath can do well in the UFC. With his 26-11-1 record in his MMA career he seems to have a lot of experience, but UFC fighters are really good. Hoping he will do better in his fight against Jake O'Brien.

Herring has fought Nog, Fedor, Cro-Cop, and Vovchanchyn, among others. There aren't many fighters in the UFC who can compare to even that short list, IMO. But Herring did lose those fights, and he hasn't been very active over the past couple of years, and I don't know anything about O'Brien. I hope it's a good fight.

agoodleap

Fight #7:
-Heath Herring vs. Jake O'Brien

Jake O'Brien def. Heath Herring via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27) after 3 Rounds.

Rich Clementi def. Ross Pointon via Submission (rear naked choke) in Round 2.

Din Thomas def. Clay Guida via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) after 3 Rounds.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Good call on questioning Herring's ability, goodleap. I didn't expect it, I thought Herring would win by TKO.

I posted the results of all the fights in the UFN thread with some comments. Join us there and tell us what you thought of the fights.

p.s. For a guy who hates the thought of being thought gay, wtf is up with Herring's bare-chested cowboy hat look? If that doesn't scream Brokeback Mountain I don't know what does. Edited by: White Shogun

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
With his lack of take-down defense or ground skills, they should rename Herring the ."Texas Lazy Horse". Someone needs to reiterate to him that this is MMA & not K1. If he doesn't want to fight on the ground, he needs to stick with kickboxing.

P.S. - Liddell would destroy Rashad with ease!