Harrison: Tom Brady take off the skirt

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Rodney Harrison made a ridiculous comment during discussion on whether a flag should have been thrown on a late hit on Tom Brady. He said Tom Brady should "take off the skirt", like Brady has anything to do with a flag being thrown on the play. Typical dumb black jock thinking. Protect the black guy, criticize the white one.

Harrison: "Tom Brady take off the skirt"

Westside

Hall of Famer
This what we call "Affeletic Logic" at its best.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Wow Rodney, way to bash your FORMER TEAMMATE. I guess that means little if the guy is white. The idea of a "team" is lost on most blacks anyway except when dealing with race. That "team" is a tight knit bunch.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
This comment makes no sense. If Tom Brady somehow switched bodies with the official while getting sacked...then threw the flag...then this bird brain comment would be absolutely true. I guess simply bashing the official isnt good enough. Brady is the absolute only reason Harrison played in so many superbowls.

I've respected Harrison as a player, as he is one of the few black (he looks more like 3/4 black) DBs with actual longevity. Also, he didnt play like a total p*ssy, ala 99% of DBs.Edited by: Thrashen

guest301

Hall of Famer
It's the NFL that puts a skirt on these QB's with all these overprotective rules the defense has to observe. Harrison should address his comments to the NFL and not to Brady who is the one by the way mostly responsible for Harrison's Super Bowl rings. He should remember that.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
What kind of backa$$wards comment is that? If Brady was whining about a sack/hit, I could see some trash talk. Harrison's probably jealous that Brady is 10x the valuable/better football player.

jcolec02

Mentor
I actually agree with Harrison on this, I'm sick of players like Brady getting a free pass just because he is a pretty boy quarterback, this is football, just because your a quarterback doesn't mean you shouldn't take a hit. As for Harrison himself, I heard him say not to long ago on NBC that Jason Campbell was a second string quarterback at best, and didn't deserve to start.Edited by: jcolec02

Bart

Hall of Famer
jcolec02 said:
I actually agree with Harrison on this, I'm sick of players like Brady getting a free pass just because he is a pretty boy quarterback, this is football, just because your a quarterback doesn't mean you shouldn't take a hit. As for Harrison himself, I heard him say not to long ago on NBC that Jason Campbell was a second string quarterback at best, and didn't deserve to start.

Pretty boy quarterback?If you're sick of players getting a free pass you should look elsewhere. Brady has the reputation of taking huge hits in order to make a throw rather than bail out. I've never heard anyone question his toughness before Harrison made his stupid comment.

Have you forgotten he had his leg shattered by the same type of hit from another bruthah last year and was out for the entire season? White players have bulls eyes drawn on their uniforms.He lost a year of his prime and I'm not so sure he will ever regain his old form.

I've seen too many of our guys taken out by so-called unintentional hits that ruin careers.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
It's the "affletes" like Duhmarcus Russell, Vince YOung & Mike ConVick who get the "free pass"!White athletes have the biggest uphill climb in the NFL (and NBA).

DWFan

Mentor
Bart said:
I've seen too many of our guys taken out by so-called unintentional hits that ruin careers.

You know you're right man. My favorite position to watch is wideout, and they absolutely mug white ones. When I think of what black defenses did to to McCaffery and Jeffers, I want to dial 911.

GWTJ

Mentor
Nowhere else in the sports world is such a mismatch allowed. A 280lb. lineman with a 5 yard head start getting a free shot at a much smaller guy who can't even see him coming. A QB is totally exposed and vulnerable. He deserves all the protection he can get.

I would say most QB's(considering the way they take those shots all game long just to make a play) have twice the guts of defensive players. Edited by: GWTJ

jcolec02

Mentor
I'm not saying that Brady isn't tough, I just don't like quarterbacks getting a free pass when it comes to contact just because there the face of the league. I mean it is football, and as far as Jamarcus Russell, It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see him get laid out either.