Genetics & the NFL

xc1427

There was a story in yesterday's Independent (UK newspaper) that will change our perception of genetic similarity. The story was written by Steve Connor, who is the science editor of the publication.

The story is titled: "Genetic Breakthrough That Reveals the Differences Between Humans." Here are some quotes from the story...

The discovery has astonished scientists studying the human genome--the genetic recipe of man. Until now it was believed the variation between people was largely due to differences in the sequences of the individual "letters" of the genome.

It now appears much of the variation is explained instead by people having multiple copies of some key genes that make up the human genome.

The findings mean that instead of humanity being 99.9 percent identical, as previously believed, we are at least ten times more different between one another than once thought--which could explain why some people are prone to serious diseases.

The story caters to the last paragraph I typed about diseases in certain races. The study included 270 people with Asian, African, and European ancestry. It was done by American and British scientists.

The article is rather detailed in its findings and a really interesting read. I realize we are not suppose to promote websites, but here is the link:

http://news.independent.co.uk/ world/science_technology/article2007490.ece

G

Have you guys heard of Thomas Fuller. He was a genius that was a slave. He is proof that ******** can achieve parity with Caucasoids.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Guests said:
Have you guys heard of Thomas Fuller. He was a genius that was a slave. He is proof that ******** can achieve parity with Caucasoids.

Thomas Fuller: No doubt a major topic of study in what passes for publik skooling these days.

Freedom

Mentor
Guest, I don't know what your real name is but I actually have heard that name. So What! He was a mental calculator! He just did math really fast in his head!

Giving him accolades is like giving a Travis Jervey an NFL MVP award, which never happened. Jervey and Fuller(I assume) both weren't allowed to do to much in their field. Jervey possessed lots of all around talent and Fuller at least could add numbers quickly. However, now Fuller is heralded by this troll as something like a black Descartes or Newton. Where is Jervey's MVP award for being talented but jipped?