Garth Wood KOs Anthony Mundine

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Excellent. Lots of good white boxers from Australia lately. Mundine had been getting a few gift decisions as well. He is an admirer of Malcolm X and a first class racist (though he looks mostly white to me).

white is right

Hall of Famer
Blue Devils said:
[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q2gHZQb7A4[/tube]
Glass jaws must run in the family because in the 70's his pop was viewed as a future superstar in boxing until he was ko'd a few times and then when he got a title shot against Monzon was badly ko'd and faded to obscurity. Yes Mundine has significant White ancestry as full blooded Aboriginees have black skin similar to Southern Indians or Sri Lankans.

Rebajlo

Mentor
Forget his less-than-tin-of-black-paint-on-a-moonless night skin: Mundine is a worthless, uneducated, malapropism-spoutingAbo. These days, thanks to certain shameless whitesof the past, such stone-age oxygen-wasters come in all shades. Check out the Aboriginal activist Michael Mansell (on the right) in the photo below:

Protests.jpg

Something like twenty five years ago, when questioned by a reporter about his skin and eye colour, that bludger Mansell replied that his pigmentation was due to "genetic interference". I guess that he would prefer the "pure Aboriginal" shovel-in-the-face look:

yothu.jpg

Believe it or not, the above creature was namedAustralian of the Year sometime in the early 1990s...
smiley9.gif

Anyway, back to the topic of boxing. Just for sentimental laughs, here is "The Man" stretched out senseless on the canvas following his knockout by Sven Ottke back in 2001:

192582-anthony-mundine.jpg

"Floats like a butterfly, sleeps like a log". I recall him making excuses by saying that he was toying with Ottke and was just about to knock him out when, by some inexplicably unlucky fluke,he happened to be knocked out himself - what a mindless prick
smiley36.gif

Blue Devils

Mentor
Wood-Mundine II on April 13

Australian middleweight Garth Wood (10-1-1, 6KO's) pulled off one of Australia's biggest boxing upsets in 2010 when he knocked out former two time WBA 168 pound champion Anthony "The Man"Â Mundine (40-4, 24KO's) inside three rounds. This week he has agreed to a re-match with Mundine which will take place at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre on April 13th in an eagerly anticipated bout. The match with Mundine in December 2010 was Wood's contracted prize for winning the Australian Contender Series, shown on Fox TV in Australia and he took his opportunity with a left hook in the third round that knocked out Mundine at the Acer Arena in Sydney.

The popular 32 year old Wood stated, "I know he will be fully focussed for this fight- he is fighting for his career and his pride. There will be no excuses this time for him and I will be in the best shape ever to try and repeat the result. It will be a big year for Garth Wood and a chance to prove I deserve my place in the world boxing scene."Â

Mundine is adamant that a lack of motivation was a key factor in his loss to Wood which has seen him drop down the world rankings. The 35 year old former IBO 160 pound and WBA 168 pound champion confirmed, "I know I had some issues leading up to the first fight and I have had to face them. Another loss could be the end for my career so I do not need any motivation for this fight â€" my career is on the line for sure. I'm not getting any younger â€" I was looking too far beyond Garth in the first fight and the next stage of my career but Garth was focussed and took his opportunity well."Â

"I wasn't up for the last fight and I had got into some bad habits but because I kept on winning then I was never required to face the but I now have everything on the line I need no more motivation."Â

Garth Wood meanwhile has landed a WBA#9 ranking at 160 pounds and sees the fight as a chance to prove his boxing pedigree.

"People need to know I am early in my boxing career and I am getting better and better in training every time so people will see an improved fighter on April 13th â€" so if I was a problem for him in the first fight then I am going to be double the trouble in the re-match."Â

The fight will be shown on PPV in Australia through Main Events.