Gang symbols/gestures

Oldscool

Anyone have a handle on what the various hand signals mean in the NFL?It seems to me that at least some of the gestures are gang related. There has been some reporting on this but no definitive explanations as far as I have seen. I I heard a sports writer remark that the increased number of black jerseys is a gang thing. Anything to this?

foreverfree

Mentor
Well, I'd say adding a touch of black to a team's "traditional" colors is a gang thing, in any sport. Look at the NY Mets (and Knicks) adding black to their blue and orange. It's permeating hockey too. Last week or two weeks ago I watched a St. Louis Blues game on Versus and the Blues' dark unies have a lot of black with their blue.

John

backrow

Hall of Famer
how is adding black to hockey jersey a gang thing??
smiley5.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I think the Red Wings are copying the Blood's with their red uniforms, and the Maple Leafs are copying the Crips with their blue ones.
smiley2.gif

I've always thought that the San Diego Padres with their brown uniforms was a clear tie in with La Raza and the Aztlan movement. Clearly if there was no gang tie in it would be the Saint James Fathers and they would wear White home and away.

jaxvid said:
I think the Red Wings are copying the Blood's with their red uniforms, and the Maple Leafs are copying the Crips with their blue ones.
smiley2.gif

Don't forget the Boston Bruins copying the Latin Kings gang with all the yellow in their jerseys.
smiley36.gif

Also the Minnesota Wild copying the Ynetas gang (Hispanic gang from Jersey/Puerto Rico) with all the green in their uniforms.

Sometimes I'm just "too 'hood for my own good."
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Ground Fighter